Author Topic: London Olympic 2012  (Read 7452 times)

Offline Watchnewby

London Olympic 2012
« on: July 27, 2012, 09:10:54 AM »
Well Folks,
The London Olympics 2012 will start today (Friday night, London time).
There will be many events/games being contested.
I am sure there are MWF members who will be following the news on the Games, especially the sports they liked (eg. badminton, tennis, swimming etc)
For me, I am interested in the followings : Athletes (100, 200, 4 X 100m), table tennis, badminton and cycling. I know that there are other sports that I like (gymnastic, diving, tennis, soccer and fencing), but no time to catch up except by the news.

Offline Watchnewby

Re: London Olympic 2012
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:07:19 AM »
Saw the Archery event last weekend. Malaysia lost by 3 arrows to Mexico in the preliminary round.
Watch also Koo-Tan defeated the Japanese pair and the US 16-year old table tennis player Ariel Hsing (one of her fans is The Warren Buffet) defeated a 26-yo Mexican player in the Women singles. Notice that quite a number of players from the European/American countries has Asian players representing the country in the table tennis event. For eg. France has Yang Yu Fang,
Brazil has Caroline Yamahara, Italy has Tan Wen Ling etc.

Will have to stop watching for this week(due to work) and continue to watch again next weekend.

Cheers.

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2012, 09:26:51 AM »
For the badminton news.
Dato Lee had been troubled in the build-up to London 2012 by an ankle injury and showed signs of rustiness and short of fitness as the Finland player, Lang (World no.45) fought back in the second game. Dato' Lee nearly lost the game. Although the Malaysian eventually came through by winning 10 of the last 11 points, his performance will offer encouragement to his rivals,

Lin, the Chinese superstar and second seed, looked in superb form as he brushed aside Ireland's Scott Evans earlier in the day. Dato' Lee, who plans to retire after the Games, said: 'I am only mentally strong because I have had an injury and I am still not 100%.But I had nothing to lose and I just tried my best.'

Danish veteran Peter Gade, playing his fourth and last Olympics at the age of 35, started his latest bid for gold with an easy win over Portugal's Pedro Martins. Watched by Crown Prince Frederik, the Sydney 2000 semi-finalist and fifth seed won 21-15 21-8.

The day's highest-profile casualty was Japan's eighth seed Kenichi Tago, who crashed out after a shock loss to Sri Lanka's Niluka Karunaratne.

Taufik Hidayat also prevail over Spain's Alban, who play superbly in the first set but lost 20-22 to Taufik.

In the Women Doubles, chaos reigns amid match rigging suspicion. Some teams purposely lose their match to gain a favourable position in the knock-out stage. You can read the National dailies on this.
« Last Edit: August 01, 2012, 09:35:15 AM by Watchnewby »

Offline kg_050

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2012, 10:00:24 PM »
LCW in the final.... 8pm sunday against his nemesis Lin Dan... COYCW!!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 06:10:58 AM »
Any1 going to support lcw Sunday at his court this Sunday?

Offline rusminag

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 01:13:19 PM »
Any1 going to support lcw Sunday at his court this Sunday?

RM will (not Richard Mille, but Rosmah Mansor)
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 12:43:49 PM »
Well, the Olympic 2012 has camoe, and gone. We will see the next one in Rio de Janeirio, Brazil.

For badminton fans, LCW lost to Lin Dan becos, LCW = "Let China Win"  :Laughing_on_floor:
So the Malaysian confer Datukship and the initial becomes DLCW = " Don't Let China Win"
Unfortunately, the Olympic this year was staged at London, and the famous nursery rhyme goes :
London Bridge is for Lin Dan,
For Lin Dan, For Lin Dan ....... (actual word was "Falling Down")  :Dancing_banana:
 :Laughing_on_floor:

OK, Jokes aside, Malaysia did good to bag a silver and a bronze this round. If squash is included in the Olympic, I believe we will get a Gold too.
I actually missed the last part of the Olympic due to the demised of my old mother. Was out of touch with the "outside world", internet etc for a good week or so. But was able to watch the closing ceremony.

Edit : Typo error.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2012, 01:25:57 PM by Watchnewby »

Offline yinhonwong

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 01:46:40 PM »
Unfortunately, the Olympic this year was staged at London, and the famous nursery rhyme goes :
London Bridge is for Lin Dan,
For Lin Dan, For Lin Dan ....... (actual word was "Falling Down")  :Dancing_banana:
 :Laughing_on_floor:

.............. My fair Lin Dan :Laughing_on_floor: