Author Topic: Any retailers out there, how is business?  (Read 8048 times)

Offline smureli

• HELLO
Any retailers out there, how is business?
« on: November 13, 2019, 02:00:56 PM »
Hi,

Any retailers or wholesalers/distributors out there, how is business, good or same or bad, I have been in sales for some time now and am experiencing a slight decline sine GE14, took a first hit in 2015/16, stabilized and now looks like things are slowing down, AMY THOUGHTS?

Offline Jackyca

Re: Any retailers out there, how is business?
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2020, 10:17:15 AM »
retails out there are bad. small business may easy turn to online because less employees.

Offline Jackyca

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2020, 10:19:17 AM »
those doing online business make lazada shopee happy...as RMCO extended
 :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Alvenlee

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2021, 10:09:48 AM »
RMCO still ongoing at most of the state, most of the shoplot sales having slow recovery. Just struggle to survive this year.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2021, 10:39:35 AM »
Doesn't look like the struggle is gonna end soon either - I don't see the vaccine supply to innoculate the minimum 80% population being sufficient this year. Hold on to ur hats and ur cash till next year, and keep an eye out for possible businesses to acquire.

Offline kygan711

« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2021, 08:56:08 AM »
just look at the shopping mall car park when you are there it will give you a sign of recovery.
This may prolong beyond this 1-2 year period should there be discovery of new strain of covid.
Guess we got to embrace this as a life long standard now until a real cure is out and its an Antidote and not Vaccine.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2021, 05:28:56 PM »
I seriously doubt if there will ever be a cure. We will have to learn how to live with Covid, like we have learnt how to live with the common cold. There is still no cure for the common cold even after so many years of  “medical advancement”. Long story short. Vaccines or not, we just have to learn how to be more careful, practice common sense and basic hygiene.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #7 on: April 01, 2021, 12:17:44 PM »
I seriously doubt if there will ever be a cure. We will have to learn how to live with Covid, like we have learnt how to live with the common cold. There is still no cure for the common cold even after so many years of  “medical advancement”. Long story short. Vaccines or not, we just have to learn how to be more careful, practice common sense and basic hygiene.

most importantly having a healthy lifestyle free of chronic diseases

Offline SaifulAJ

« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2021, 09:24:53 AM »
It will take some time for consumers to gain confidence for retail shopping. The question is how long?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2021, 08:42:21 PM »
It will take some time for consumers to gain confidence for retail shopping. The question is how long?

I think a prolonged MCO would give people time to reflect on needs and wants and lifestyle.

Business will not be the same after this pandemic if it ever ends, seeing that the vaccine will do little against all the mutating variants.

Offline HawkreiN

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: December 07, 2022, 09:23:00 PM »
Interested to bump this to hear from business owners now that we are in the 'new normal' and have been facing high rates of inflation. How much change are we seeing now vs 2019 (pre pandemic) and 2021 (early pandemic recovery)?

Offline avaxis

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2023, 02:19:21 PM »
There's a queue outside LV in Midvalley right now...yet at the same time people complain eggs are expensive so government have to subsidise....so if you're in the business of luxury goods.. Rolex is still OOS... if you sell eggs...too bad

Offline adryan

« Reply #12 on: February 11, 2023, 07:16:23 AM »
depending on which industry..but my industry still surviving..because cost increased, but we can up our selling price.. :(

Offline KernkraftX360

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: February 23, 2023, 11:17:42 AM »
There's a queue outside LV in Midvalley right now...yet at the same time people complain eggs are expensive so government have to subsidise....so if you're in the business of luxury goods.. Rolex is still OOS... if you sell eggs...too bad

I can vouch for that. I was around Rolex Starhill, and almost all of their watches are sold out. It was post COVID-19, during CNY of 2023.