Author Topic: updated collection...slowly but surely...  (Read 8586 times)

Offline tiger70

updated collection...slowly but surely...
« on: January 04, 2014, 02:41:53 PM »
Time to update the cast....stayed away for a while as not to allow the poison to take over my head... :Confused: :Blue: I am clearer now as slowly the collection grows

I hope this will entertain some and maybe you will even like it  :thumbsup:Thanks for viewing.

Offline Cwlwatch

Re: updated collection...slowly but surely...
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2014, 03:02:49 PM »
I think u like the AP most...
Nice collection..

Offline Jules Vega

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: January 05, 2014, 03:32:52 PM »
Very nice collection. Would be nice to know the sequence these pieces came about in your collection and what guided the decisions.

Offline tiger70

« Reply #3 on: January 05, 2014, 10:48:14 PM »
I think u like the AP most...
Nice collection..

Thanks...the AP ROO would seems like my favorite as was the latest acquisition but if I recall all the pieces were my favorites when I first got them. especially the sub.

Offline tiger70

« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2014, 11:36:30 PM »
Very nice collection. Would be nice to know the sequence these pieces came about in your collection and what guided the decisions.

Thanks Jules..Very interesting question..Seems like I always had watches when I was younger but never really appreciated them. When I was a kid till my college days, thankfully from my parents from casios, citizens, swatches, titonis and yes Guy Laroche..then came the Tag heurs when I was in college. Unfortunately most of them were never taken care off and either not serviced or wear them to death. not paying for them myself was probably the cause.

The collection I posted was in the sequence that I had them and were the ones that I bought myself, probably the reason why they are all still in working condition. This started probably around mid 90's where I got the 2 tags. Being a Tiger fan and obviously a Tag fan, it was a no brainer to get the first Tiger limited edition. Closely followed by the submariner where it became a daily beater for 15-16 years. I can say this watch went through hell and never missed a beat, what a great watch. In fact seriously thinking to expand the sports watch range from Rolex in time.

Then the poison started to sip in during 2011. If you notice most of my watches are sport design. Came across a few Panerais my friends had and started to explore but then thought about a dress watch and that's how the datejust 16234 came about. Unfortunately the perception of someone having a Rolex can either be seen as a showoff and with safety issues then decided to look into Panerai again as was lesser known outside watch enthusiast. Then it took off....after being introduced to this forum.  :Confused:  I was determined to get a Panerai, came the Pam 89. Chose it as with Titanium was lighter as the steel models felt a bit heavy. It was burning then the posion...straps started to kick in...and after closer scrutiny had to get the 1950's case. Pam 321 seems to fit the profile, a GMT and 1950's case...and more straps..That's when I had to pull the stops. From then took a bit more time to study what I really enjoy and the AP ROO seems to be a natural choice for sports watch collection last year.

So this is where it stands...taking my time to explore and enjoy the pieces I have so far before taking the next hit. I am not so knowledgeable in watches but this forum allows me to understand them better and make the correct choices that I prefer and appreciate.

By the way if you are football fan Liverpool won and Man U kaput again!!!!!!  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Jules Vega

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2014, 06:54:18 AM »
Great write up Tiger70...... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

The background to how your collection came about really endears the topic...It seems clear that its guided by the heart rather than a cold methodical approach to watch collecting with its heavy emphasis on checking off the "must haves" of the horological world....

I am more of an "anything but United man" but have long had an affinity for the Reds....so, long suffering fan finally enjoying  a moment in the sun....so lets hope the clouds stay away.

Offline theseira

« Reply #6 on: February 15, 2014, 06:48:07 PM »
Nice! love the rolex panerai and AP.  :thumbsup: wonder whats your rotation like.

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2014, 02:08:52 PM »
Love the collection, hope to have one like yours. Now still only have Seikos :Praying:
Seiko fan.....

Offline enkil

« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2014, 02:09:46 PM »
Nice collection...  :thumbsup:

Offline tiger70

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2014, 09:50:52 PM »
Love the collection, hope to have one like yours. Now still only have Seikos :Praying:
Thanks  jeepEH. In time, stay patient. its a marathon and not a sprint.

Offline tiger70

« Reply #10 on: February 27, 2014, 09:52:48 PM »
Nice collection...  :thumbsup:
Thanks enkil  :Cheers:

Offline tiger70

« Reply #11 on: February 27, 2014, 09:58:51 PM »
Nice! love the rolex panerai and AP.  :thumbsup: wonder whats your rotation like.
Thanks theseira. I try to rotate them weekly or 2. Panerais and sub gets most wrist time . The datejust and AP mostly on weekends only.

Offline JeepWH

• Tick...tick...tick....
« Reply #12 on: February 28, 2014, 05:49:49 PM »
Thanks  jeepEH. In time, stay patient. its a marathon and not a sprint.

Yeah, slowly build up my collection. When I can afford the watches in the price range of your collection, i'll buy a Grand Seiko first.  :D
Seiko fan.....

Offline watch8683

« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2014, 06:36:48 PM »
Wow the watches cost more than 100k  nice......... :thumbsup: