Author Topic: CITIZEN Promaster Eco-Drive AQUALAND Titanium Divers Watch JV0055-51E  (Read 4795 times)

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
I have yet to have a dive computer as part of my watch collection. Although there are a number of brands offering such a product, I decided to get the Citizen JV0055-51E as it offers a number of firsts for me. Apart from fulfilling my requirement of having a dive computer wristwatch, it is also uses the Eco-Drive technology which is uniquely Citizen. The use of titanium as the base material for the watch was also a reason behind this choice.

Citizen Promaster Eco-Drive Aqualand Titanium Divers JV0055-51E utilises Citizen's  Eco-Drive technology that uses solar energy to power the watch. It is designed from the bottom up as a professional divers watch that fulfills the ISO6425 international standard. Made out of Titanium with a DLC finish, the watch is light and very resistance to scratches and corrosive power of salt water. The glass is a thick curve mineral crystal glass. This watch has been rated down to 200 meters of water.

This watch comes with a number of complications for divers. It has a current depth display in analog to 100 m on the left of the dial. The same orange hand that shows the depth level also doubles as a reference for the energy storage in the battery when not in the diving mode. The two short bars near 9 o'clock (black and white with a white dot separating them) shows the level of energy available. White mean full, black mean low.

Between the 2 o'clock and 4 o'clock position is a large window where the digital information is presented. It is able to show the date; day; dive data such as water depth, temperature as well as logs of dives; world time of 42 cities; and 3 alarms.

The watch has a unique shape. On the left of the casing, it is rounded but on the right of the casing, it is relatively flat. There are four buttons to help manipulate the various modes available in the watch. The two buttons on the right is metallic in design whereas the two buttons on the left are plastic with different colours. The larger tube-like protuberance on the left is the depth sensor. Close to the 12 o'clock position is a red LED dot that blinks as part of a dive warning mechanism for the watch.

The watch is made out of titanium. The bracelet is also made out of titanium with some parts wrapped with synthetic rubber. It has an approximate case diameter of 47 mm while its thickness is approximately 15 mm. Note the DLC paint on the bezel. It gives an impression the watch case and bezel are of two different material. I like the contract it makes.

Below is a closeup of the rubber covered centre link of the bracelet. The rubber provides good friction between the bracelet and the skin. My only worry is the possibility of degradation due to time. This photo also shows you how asymmetrical the design of the watch casing.

I must say that the actual weight of the watch of just 104gm belies the size of the watch. I honestly do not feel it on my wrist (this is because I am used to much heavier watches).

For more visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com/2014/04/citizen-promaster-eco-drive-aqualand.html
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
Funky looking watch there meor!!
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
Funky looking watch there meor!!

Thanks. Tried using it in a pool and it seems to work. Opportunity to go diving with it (hopefully!) late September. Should be able to give a more detail review on its performance then.
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
this is cool....

a graham chrono fighter way - thumb press for function and mode

Offline FongV

Should be a great choice for diving. My wife has been diving with the steel version for about 3 years. No complains. Solid performer.