Author Topic: Habring2 & Dornbluth & Sohn  (Read 3784 times)

Offline hong999

• Freshie
Habring2 & Dornbluth & Sohn
« on: January 09, 2021, 07:28:14 PM »
Hi guys, anyone owned Habring2 or Dornbluth & Sohn?

I plan to get one of them, feel free to share your purchase experience and servicing experience as there is no local service center for these independent brands.

Thank you

Offline pleasuresaurus

Re: Habring2 & Dornbluth & Sohn
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2021, 07:50:10 PM »
I'm actually quite curious about these brands myself, read a lot of good comments about Dornbleuth's workmanship and Habring winning numerous awards. The closest retailer I can think of for these 2 are define watches in australia, they carry quite a number of German brands besides these 2, can order online. I'm not sure about Habring2, but iirc Dornbluth's movements are heavily modified unitas 6497/6498 based manual winds, should be fairly straightforward for any reputable watch repair center to service.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2021, 07:54:34 PM by pleasuresaurus »

Offline hong999

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2021, 11:10:19 AM »
I'm actually quite curious about these brands myself, read a lot of good comments about Dornbleuth's workmanship and Habring winning numerous awards. The closest retailer I can think of for these 2 are define watches in australia, they carry quite a number of German brands besides these 2, can order online. I'm not sure about Habring2, but iirc Dornbluth's movements are heavily modified unitas 6497/6498 based manual winds, should be fairly straightforward for any reputable watch repair center to service.

I also learned that Habring2 Foudroyante-Felix is modified from Valjoux movement.

Therefore, I am looking for these watches owner to share their experience if possible.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2021, 06:25:21 AM »
Habring2 with great mechanism... surprisingly great finishing for the price range! I played few times. Design little plain. Still wish to get one one day when a design strikes
Me !

Dornbluth typical German design with simple watch but with traditional method finishing all their watches really well and eye catchy
The eta6498 base is priced superbly with the movement finishing ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2021, 01:05:16 PM »
This has nothing to do with the watch itself la kan, but I really like the packaging of the Dornbluth & Sohn watches a lot. The glossy box with burl top veneer and porthole on top, really nice la. I wonder what it would cost to make a custom case like that to hold a few watches.

Offline hong999

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2021, 05:40:58 PM »
Habring2 with great mechanism... surprisingly great finishing for the price range! I played few times. Design little plain. Still wish to get one one day when a design strikes
Me !

Dornbluth typical German design with simple watch but with traditional method finishing all their watches really well and eye catchy
The eta6498 base is priced superbly with the movement finishing ...

Habring2 with a special dial is definitely a plus

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2021, 09:13:23 PM »
This has nothing to do with the watch itself la kan, but I really like the packaging of the Dornbluth & Sohn watches a lot. The glossy box with burl top veneer and porthole on top, really nice la. I wonder what it would cost to make a custom case like that to hold a few watches.
The wood box is wonderful for the price of the watch... many big brand never make their watch box last