Author Topic: New Guy  (Read 4195 times)

Offline daleyusof

New Guy
« on: September 08, 2010, 01:19:54 PM »
Hello everyone,

My name is Dale, just joined your forum. I guess the reason why i joined the forum is to seek valuable opinions on wathces since I want to start collecting good watches. I have a budget of around RM10k and i was wondering which watch would be a better buy, between Omega Planet Ocean or Baume & Mercier Classima Chronograph & Complete Calendar which was recently launched....any opinion guys?

Regards,
Dale

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: New Guy
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2010, 01:39:55 PM »
Hi Dale,
First of all Welcome to MWF. Glad you could join us.

A watch is a very personal choice and I would advise that you choose the one which "sings" most to your heart. Having said that I want to add that both options are pretty different animals. The Planet Ocean is a sporty dive watch featured in James Bond movies and the B&M is actually dressy in nature, and not all that suitable for outdoor /  causal wear. Consider your needs carefully and select the one which tugs hardest at your heart strings.

Better yet, buy both and solve the dilemma. The Omega for rough and casual wear and the B&M for formal occasions.

Just my 2 cents.

:Cheers:

Offline daleyusof

« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2010, 01:55:13 PM »
hai Danny, thanks for your feedback......believe me, if i have the budget, i would! i already have an Oris TT3 and Oris TT2 watches actually, had the new Swatch Automatic watch which they launched it I think early this year. Now with 10K budget, i'm just looking to upgrade to a better watch which i think is necessary for my appearance as i'm in investment banking. i imagine i'm going to use this watch for everyday use, hence the question is whether the B&M is a good choice or perhaps you have another suggestion for a budget of 10K?

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2010, 03:01:32 PM »
Welcome ;)

Enjoy your stay here  :Cheers:

scott

Offline Broleo

« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2010, 03:50:38 PM »
Hi Dale.

Welcome to MWF.

As for your question... really up to you... as for me... i choose the PO... :Dancing_banana: :Cheers:

Cheers

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 08:35:40 PM »
hai Danny, thanks for your feedback......believe me, if i have the budget, i would! i already have an Oris TT3 and Oris TT2 watches actually, had the new Swatch Automatic watch which they launched it I think early this year. Now with 10K budget, i'm just looking to upgrade to a better watch which i think is necessary for my appearance as i'm in investment banking. i imagine i'm going to use this watch for everyday use, hence the question is whether the B&M is a good choice or perhaps you have another suggestion for a budget of 10K?

Dale, for the budget that you have in mind I would consider the Omega Speedmaster which has history behind it and it's a chronograph, albeit a handwind.
Another model which I would recommend is the new Tudor Heritage which I expect to cost close to RM10K after discount. Unfortunately it seems to be pretty elusive in Malaysia at the moment.

If you don't mind getting pre-owned pieces, I'm sure you can find some good Rolex sports model close to your budget, such as the Submariner without date.

If you join tomorrow's GTG I'm sure the other members will be more than happy to help you out with more suggestions.

Good luck.

:Cheers:

« Last Edit: September 08, 2010, 08:38:57 PM by danny »

Offline mhafis79

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2010, 04:18:25 PM »
hi welcome... :Cheers: :Cheers:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2010, 10:03:39 PM »
welcome....

rm10k got plenty of choice lor

ball engineer hydrocarbon spacemaster xlume
damasko dc67
tudor heritage
rolex explorer 1
grand seiko
omega seamaster PO
iwc mark16

Offline takashi78

« Reply #8 on: September 10, 2010, 11:53:20 AM »
Can get a GS for 10k?

But if you want a tough watch the Damasko is a good choice and Ball too.

Offline miyukisunshine

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2010, 01:23:44 AM »
hi dALE!

I would prefer Ball..checkout the diver collection..very tough and durable..it has good lume too!

cheers!

:Cheers: :Cheers: :Cheers:
time heals all wounds

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #10 on: September 20, 2010, 06:28:16 PM »
Welcome.... enjoy your stay here.... hope you make a right choice.  :Cheers:

Offline besview

« Reply #11 on: September 21, 2010, 01:16:31 PM »
1st of all,a warm welcum..my 2 sen,the PO is a rugged watch but yet the finishing is well up to the mark.The bezel turns with solid clicks and both of mine are pretty  well within COSC specs even tho its not certified.The orange bezel is more unique and gets more nods of approval fron ppl I know :Cheers: