Author Topic: Best method to pay Grey Dealer  (Read 4093 times)

Offline Conscript

Best method to pay Grey Dealer
« on: September 10, 2020, 01:48:12 PM »
Hey guys , need some opinion how u guys usually make payment to Grey Dealer , some Grey Dealers accept Credit card ofcuz with some % extra charges , example 100k Daytona ceramic , do u guys prefer to leave a trace of payment incase the watch is not genuine or faulty at least we have proof of transaction .  Cheers

Offline avabobatea

• Freshie
Re: Best method to pay Grey Dealer
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2020, 03:23:39 PM »
Even if watch is faulty or fake, can u hold them liable? They can say watch sold to u is ok but U swap it? At the end, credibility of the seller is important.
Cash or bank transaction not much different lah unless u fear LHDN trace u back for purchasing a 100k watch with cash

My 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RA_2366

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2020, 07:23:21 PM »
Credible seller like Horology House?

Offline apache0909

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2020, 09:10:10 PM »
IMO, I would say by card or bank transfer. Too high of a risk to carry cash around. But then, the most important factor will still be how reliable or trustable the dealer is.

Offline c4all

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2020, 04:48:33 AM »
My experiences with grey dealers was that if i paid cash, I could get a better price than if i paid with a credit card. However, i understand your point on safety reasons particularly where the sum is huge. I would think a combination of cash and bank transfer would be the best.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2020, 08:37:57 AM »
Even if watch is faulty or fake, can u hold them liable? They can say watch sold to u is ok but U swap it? At the end, credibility of the seller is important.
Cash or bank transaction not much different lah unless u fear LHDN trace u back for purchasing a 100k watch with cash

My 2 cents

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do grey dealers report their cash transactions?

As mentioned, with cash price is usually more negotiable and definitely no extra transaction charge.

Offline Conscript

« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2020, 09:18:13 AM »
I think we must insist grey shop to issue receipt/invoice with their company letterhead then we only transfer fund to their company account , if hand written receipt and bank in to personal account u know they dont report/declare the sales.

Offline nctt1971

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2020, 04:31:38 PM »
Most grey dealer do not issue receipt especially with company logo. that is why its grey. I would say bank transfer or cash. If cash, preferably can meet in a bank and bank in immediately to be safe.

Offline joink

« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2020, 05:52:13 PM »
Always use bank transfer instead of cash. At least it still has some sort of paper trail.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2020, 09:21:12 PM »
Bank transfer is good enough. Normally you get about 1-2% discount if you paid cash as they save on merchant fees for credit card.

Bought 2 watches during MCO via 2 different dealers...both reputable, and no issues in transferring.

Happy hunting