Author Topic: Omega Speedmaster Pro  (Read 3876 times)

Offline c4all

Omega Speedmaster Pro
« on: September 06, 2020, 05:38:39 AM »
Have been doing some research on this model for a while and I am quite curious in regards to the rationale behind the pricing of this model specifically those with the 1861 caliber in it. Age-aside, I have seen similar offerings ranging from early to late teens for a watch with does not look different, has the same movement in it and the same hesalite crystal. Difference i noticed is the box. Is the big box for the current omega worth approximate RM3,000 more than the previous red leather box? Is there another difference for the price?

Offline kukujiao

Re: Omega Speedmaster Pro
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2020, 06:12:30 AM »
I bought it from an AD in 2014 for less than RM12k

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline rnsm1979

« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2020, 07:51:42 AM »

and i believe it is around 16k plus after discount before the price increase 1st sept,

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2020, 07:57:02 AM »
Prices have changed throughout the years. I was used to the Speedmaster Pro selling at RM13500 new at the AD. Was surprised that prices have gone way up in recent years. Maybe the change in the retail price over the years contribute to the differences in prices you speak of.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline c4all

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2020, 08:52:01 AM »

and i believe it is around 16k plus after discount before the price increase 1st sept,

This year? That is quite a good price. Haven't gotten close to that when i was inquiring. The shop makes it a big deal that it is in the big box to justify why I should pay retail.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2020, 10:15:11 AM »
The big box does come with more goodies compared to the previous set. However it is always wise to squeeze them for some discount.

Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dpkong

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2020, 10:29:29 AM »
The big box does come with more goodies compared to the previous set. However it is always wise to squeeze them for some discount.

OMEGA ADs do give a bit of discount for the 1861 and 1863 models. The boutique definitely will not.

Personally, I'd go with 1863 for sapphire crystal and display back. You get a bunch of accessories (straps, tools and magnifier) which I find no use for but may appeal to collectors. The big box is a pain to store.

Offline c4all

« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2020, 02:49:05 PM »
I agree. The accessories that come with the big box set may be expensive but it too is of no use for me. The big box is really huge. I can imagine a lot of money going into the packaging of the watch.