Author Topic: Possibly the most boring watch  (Read 6402 times)

Offline dualcarb

Possibly the most boring watch
« on: August 03, 2020, 01:45:26 PM »
Good afternoon all...this is not a special watch, it can be seen in many places and has been photographed so often that it gets downright boring.

But it’s the most comfortable watch in my stable. It is the most versatile, robust, and for a travel companion...unbeatable. I have owned many a GMT watch and, and some are just so difficult to read. This, on the other hand, is simple...straightforward and just so legible.

It dresses up or down...and as casual as you like.

You can also put it on rubber and it truly becomes a super casual watch.

It has a charm and character of it’s own, and what I like most about it is...the fact that it is very “chill”, doesn’t scream look at me, and a classic steel on black colour scheme that makes it stand the test of time.

Thank you for reading and looking at the photos of my very boring watch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 03, 2020, 02:09:05 PM by dualcarb »

Offline i.z.z

• Freshie
Re: Possibly the most boring watch
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2020, 06:14:22 PM »
Great watch bro. A perfect GMT in my opinion.I sold mine a year ago. Still regret it to this day.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2020, 06:29:42 PM »
Sometimes boring isn't such a bad thing. Boring sometimes also means predictability and reliability. 
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline dpkong

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2020, 07:37:04 PM »

You bought an extra bracelet and brushed the centre links?

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2020, 09:49:11 PM »
Great watch bro. A perfect GMT in my opinion.I sold mine a year ago. Still regret it to this day.

I reckon you can still get another one?

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2020, 09:49:59 PM »
Sometimes boring isn't such a bad thing. Boring sometimes also means predictability and reliability.
LOL...thanks for the kind words, I guess you can say that.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2020, 09:55:12 PM »

You bought an extra bracelet and brushed the centre links?
No bro...I swapped out the 97200 glidelock from my submariner to see how brushed links look like on the GMT.

And I put a bond NATO on my Submariner, which I think, makes it look absolutely fantastic.

So the NATO is still on the Sub and I swapped the original PCL bracelet back on the GMT, as this is where it really belongs.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2020, 11:45:23 AM »

the GMT wasn't really the "tool" watch that Submariners and Explorer 1/2 are so it mate better with PCL like Daytona, YM and SkyDweller

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2020, 11:59:30 AM »

the GMT wasn't really the "tool" watch that Submariners and Explorer 1/2 are so it mate better with PCL like Daytona, YM and SkyDweller
I agree with you...esp from the 116710 onwards...it became a little more “dressy”

Offline i.z.z

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2020, 09:34:09 PM »

Now the price has gone up a lot, compare to when I bought it retail price last time at AD. I Should have kept it.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2020, 07:14:54 AM »

Now the price has gone up a lot, compare to when I bought it retail price last time at AD. I Should have kept it.

I agree with you. I bought all of my watches below retail before there was a craze. Still don’t know what caused it till today. But, the prices going crazy has put me off anything Rolex. I bought Seiko watches alongside other brands, but now, I will only consider buying Seiko due to the great value for money that the brand offers.

Offline fitri

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2020, 02:28:59 PM »

I agree with you. I bought all of my watches below retail before there was a craze. Still don’t know what caused it till today. But, the prices going crazy has put me off anything Rolex. I bought Seiko watches alongside other brands, but now, I will only consider buying Seiko due to the great value for money that the brand offers.

Grand Seiko is a value proposition watch. I am betting it will become new rolex in near future since GS USA is ramping up on their marketing recently

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2020, 06:54:05 PM »

Grand Seiko is a value proposition watch. I am betting it will become new rolex in near future since GS USA is ramping up on their marketing recently
Don’t think so. GS market is still very niche...the next Rolex...maybe Tudor

Offline dpkong

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2020, 08:11:16 PM »

Don’t think so. GS market is still very niche...the next Rolex...maybe Tudor

Grand Seiko has not had the demand since way back. No matter how good the marketing, Lexus is still a Toyota.

Tudor is the one to bank on.

Offline fitri

« Reply #14 on: August 10, 2020, 09:00:05 AM »
Will need Rolex's price to skyrocket then only Tudor will make handsome money. the price of 'adik' never potong 'abang'.

Else agree with you that many people are looking for Tudor lately.

Offline Vinlee88

« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2020, 06:47:24 PM »
Good looking GMT, hoping to own one in future!

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #16 on: August 10, 2020, 07:36:04 PM »
Will need Rolex's price to skyrocket then only Tudor will make handsome money. the price of 'adik' never potong 'abang'.

Else agree with you that many people are looking for Tudor lately.
Isn’t Rolex prices already at unprecedented levels? Seems that even Covid can’t keep prices down. Tudor is rereleasing “vintage inspired” models, even making smaller sizes like the BB58 which has proved to be a home run. It won’t be long...the 58 is already at prices where we originally paid the 16610 for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline brasso93

• Freshie
« Reply #17 on: September 17, 2020, 06:17:43 PM »
Good one, brushed bracelet looks more casual and less blingy,fits many occasions. Can always revert back to mix(polished/brushed) as dress watch.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #18 on: September 17, 2020, 07:17:39 PM »
Good one, brushed bracelet looks more casual and less blingy,fits many occasions. Can always revert back to mix(polished/brushed) as dress watch.
Thanks bro...I put the PCL back on the GMT and Glidelock back on the Submariner. I have not been wearing them that much these days as this watch has taken a lot of wrist time. I find it casual, easy going and a giant bang for buck.

Offline memphisto

• Freshie
« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2020, 09:16:43 AM »
Your Rolex and Seiko has almost identical design and color tone :)

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #20 on: October 05, 2020, 10:05:06 AM »
Your Rolex and Seiko has almost identical design and color tone :)
Almost...but not quite...

Offline memphisto

• Freshie
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2020, 10:49:26 AM »
Your Seiko Diver is quite nice seeing your wearing it. I think i will get one soon though I do not dive, more to outdoor activity.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2020, 02:54:19 PM »
Your Seiko Diver is quite nice seeing your wearing it. I think i will get one soon though I do not dive, more to outdoor activity.
Don’t need to be a diver to own a dive watch  ;)...