Author Topic: Sinn 104 St Sa I .... my two cents.  (Read 8777 times)

Offline W1NT3RW0LF

• Freshie
Sinn 104 St Sa I .... my two cents.
« on: June 12, 2018, 05:29:45 PM »
Sinn is one of the famous brands that has come out from Germany. Highly regarded and respected by watch enthusiasts from around the world.

I have owned the 104 St Sa I for 6 months now. I have been using it quite extensively even when I rotate my watches regularly.

The case diameter is at 41mm with 11.5 mm in height. Even though 41mm sounds quite contemporary but it wears like a 38/39mm.

Even though it’s considered a sport model but because of the way the stainless steel case is polished It gives off a very elegant look. I can say like the Rolex Submariner you can wear this with suits and tie. And at 11.4mm tall you can wear this under the cuff of your shirt.

The watch is powered by the movement Sellita SW 220-1. It’s shock resistance and anti magnetic. I notice that the watch will only +5 / -3 seconds within a day. Which is quite impressive.

With a modern look, it’s one of the better looking pilot watches out in the market. Every time I wear the watch I received many compliments from my friends and colleagues.

From the value perspective, I think this watch is one of the best kept secret by the watch community. With amazing design and quite affordable pricing the watch is comparable to other watches from the other higher luxury brands that cost 2 to 5 times more.

I would encourage to others who are interested in purchasing their first luxury watch to consider the Sinn 104 St Sa I. Walk to your local AD and try them. It doesn’t hurt to try right!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline haziqdzafer

• Freshie
Re: Sinn 104 St Sa I .... my two cents.
« Reply #1 on: July 05, 2018, 01:38:49 PM »
i have few friends who kept this model as their Holy Grail
btw, hows the lume compared to divers watch (Citizen/Seiko)

was it brighter or so-so

thanks!

Offline W1NT3RW0LF

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2018, 07:40:22 PM »
i have few friends who kept this model as their Holy Grail
btw, hows the lume compared to divers watch (Citizen/Seiko)

was it brighter or so-so

thanks!

I am sorry for the late reply.

The Sinn 104 is one of my favourite in my collection. Since my collection grew I have purchased a few grails for myself. And because of that the watch itself has not seen enough wrist time.

Here are some lume shots,

As you can see the lumes can be seen with a Seiko, the Sinn and a Zelos. With the Sinn’s lume is comparable to the others.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Offline uncle_ray

« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2019, 05:55:00 PM »
Thanks for the review! Interesting take on what I think is Sinn's most attractive model. I've always wanted one of these in their multi-link bracelets...

Sent from my SM-A507FN using Tapatalk

Offline Gary Teong

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2019, 09:17:03 AM »
I think Sinn's fine link bracelet is absolutely beautiful. I also like the Frankfurt Financial District series. The 3 timezone (GMT hand + rotating chapter ring) is definitely useful for some. As always, Germans are practical in their design. lol

Offline afiq asyran

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2023, 03:02:30 AM »
I saw now Sinn is available at The Garden. I was head over heel for the watch last year, luckily I managed to get a closer look at the boutique, it doesnt spark joy. Most probably I prefer bauhaus design language more instead of rugged instrument watch.

Offline dangerzone

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2023, 09:18:29 PM »
I saw now Sinn is available at The Garden. I was head over heel for the watch last year, luckily I managed to get a closer look at the boutique, it doesnt spark joy. Most probably I prefer bauhaus design language more instead of rugged instrument watch.
have been eyeing a Sinn for ages. Who is the AD in The Gardens?