Author Topic: JLC single brand gathering March 2013  (Read 19155 times)

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
Single brand gathering March 2013- JLC
« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2013, 07:00:57 AM »
hi Peter,

Yes, as per my earlier post further up in this thread..

If the majority prefer dinner, its fine with me too.

<<Dear all,
With regards to the proposed JLC gathering in March, kindly take note of the update;

Time: 12.30 pm lunch event

Location: A private room in a restaurant in KL (Location will be informed to only confirmed participants a few days before the event) Venue not firmed up at this point. Suggestions are welcome via pm to me.

Menu: Set lunch (Japanese or Italian)
Cost: Will select a menu below RM 100 per head depending on venue
>>

So we are doing lunch right?
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 07:02:48 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline FongV

Re: Proposed single brand gathering March 2013- JLC
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2013, 09:14:43 AM »
March 9th
1. Danny
2. kiamat
3. Mykita
4. Chris Yen
8. Alvin C.

March 16th
1. Danny
2. Godzillaz
3. takashi78
4. kiamat
5. Mykita
6. JOS2012
7. Chris Yen
8. Alvin C.
9. technicv (Fong)

Offline dpkong

« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2013, 05:21:16 PM »

hi donald,
coming to KL not for JLC but a KL one night stand??? :Laughing_on_floor:

no problem... once we have enough numbers, I can book the place.

So is the March 23rd Kuching trip still on???

One night stand.. hahaha.. Actually, the original target appears to have been sold and now shifted to another target. Not sure if it will still be available in 3 weeks..

I do hope 23/3 is still on.

Offline sm

« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2013, 05:53:24 AM »

GongXiFaCai from JLC

Offline takashi78

« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2013, 09:15:02 AM »
I see that you went to the boutique event?

Offline mykita

« Reply #30 on: February 23, 2013, 08:36:12 AM »
Just heard that some of the pieces from SIHH 2013 will be arriving at the boutique on Friday. Can I propose we also go there after the GTG?

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: February 23, 2013, 09:53:14 AM »
Watch window shopping is an expected event after a gathering… :Cheers:
A forgone conclusion….

Just heard that some of the pieces from SIHH 2013 will be arriving at the boutique on Friday. Can I propose we also go there after the GTG?
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline mykita

« Reply #32 on: February 24, 2013, 06:15:17 AM »
Thanks....really looking forward to the event and meeting everyone.

Watch window shopping is an expected event after a gathering… :Cheers:
A forgone conclusion….

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: February 24, 2013, 04:06:45 PM »
Dear all,
An update on this event.

Due to several parameters having to be met as follows:
Pork free as we may have muslim participants
Near to Starhill and Jln Bkt Bintang in order to go watch window shopping thereafter
Secure location in a multi level complex
Private room
Availability on March 16th lunch 12-4pm

I can only locate 2 restaurants to-date however maximum seating for the room is only 12 so we may have to limit our participation to 12 only.
If anyone here can suggest any other restaurant fitting the above requirements and able to take on more people, please pm me.

Thanks..

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #34 on: March 01, 2013, 08:28:05 AM »
In order for me to finalise the arrangements, I'll be locking this thread tomorrow and further communication will be via pm to those 9 names listed.

If there are any other interested parties kindly add in your names to the list.
We need a minimum of 10 to book either room at the shortlisted 2 restaurants. I suppose they might accept 9, the current final numbers..

Thanks..

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #35 on: March 08, 2013, 07:52:43 AM »
For this next Saturday's event, all the persons listed have reverted to me except 1.

We have space for another 4 more.
If anyone else wishes to join in, please pm me.

I will be booking the private room tomorrow and trying to get info on their set menus.
As the gathering is small, it should be manageable.

Thanks

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #36 on: March 08, 2013, 12:08:02 PM »
Update:

Glad to inform that everyone has reverted and we have a final turnout of 8 for lunch.
As the private room can take up to 12, there is still space for 4 more pax. If anyone is still keen to join, kindly pm me.

Looking forward to a diverse range of JLCs to be showcased for attendees to view and discuss at leisure.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
Re: Single brand gathering March 2013- JLC
« Reply #37 on: March 16, 2013, 07:01:59 PM »
This afternoon 8 (a very 'fatt' number) JLC enthusiasts gathered at a Japanese restaurant to share their collection of various JLCs.
We had so much fun that we were there from 12.30 till 3.30pm and we then adjourned to guess where..?   ;)

JLC Boutique Starhill of course. Spent another 1.5 hours there being shown the SIHH 2013 prototypes by the boutique manager as they will be sent on to the next JLC boutique in another country tomorrow.
One participant who is not yet a JLC owner was poisoned and spent a lot of time drooling over a gorgeous dual face Reverso prototype..was thinking of whether to put down a deposit for it…guess who….. ;D

Thanks to all present in making this gathering very successful. We shared information on each other's pieces, tried out each other alarms, complications.  :Dancing_banana: :Jumping:
Everyone brought a different model except 2 participants who each had the Reverso 1931, such was the diversity of JLC. :thumbsup:
Some of the collectors are well travelled and have accumulated some iconic pieces from all over Europe.. Tyler was the envy of all as he has the most number of iconic pieces… :HammerHead:

A big thank you guysss for the support and great camaderie this afternoon.. the afternoon belonged to each and everyone of you... :Cheers:

Gathering pictures

Pictures of participants JLCs, serial numbers removed..my apologies for some pictures not as sharp as they should be..my shaky hands getting worse..
After downloading all the pics I just realised that I didnt take pic of the Geophysic….. :Blue:

2 trespassers….guess who's MWF Project watch

guess who's PAM..

Groupie shot of all JLCs present..sorry, non-JLCs not allowed... :Laughing_on_floor:

The Gang of 8

Serious watch discussions going on…

Script written by JOS without permission of actors..
Derick is saying.."see..Woon made a mistake not to take up the Septantieme when it was sooo cheapppp, less than RM 100K " and Woon groans n puts up his hands to his head saying.."ya la I know la no need to rub it in.."

Everyone is thinking hard how not to miss the next JLC bargain..hmmmmm whereas Alvin closes his eyes, thinking hard.. "aiya these jokers.. I havent even get a simple Reverso these jokers boasting about Septantieme aredy..wat la.. no steam man"

Fong seems to be saying.."if it was me hor.. I whak d watch aredy laaa"

Derick and Woon says.. "sure or nottt, aiya you say only laaa"

Danny leaves saying.."you guys go fight it out laaa. I'm leaving to buy me another Amvox"

Alvin finally beh tahan aredy.. he says "look you guys too much la, i'm going to trade in my PAM for a Reverso aredy…"

Tyler finally intervenes in the next few scenes.. "yo ppl. its only a watch laaaa.. see like me, I'm cool.. if I go Paris n walk2 & I see one, if I like it- I just buy it man. No need to think so hard laa.."

Tyler: "If you guys find it hard to be cool, do d next best thing.. Walk Like An Eqyptian.."

Fong replied: "Easy for you to say la.. you look like one.."
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 11:10:47 PM by JOS2012 »

Offline sean

« Reply #38 on: March 16, 2013, 07:45:39 PM »
Nice gtg you guys have there, luckily I didn't join otherwise It will be my sleepless again , definitely will like to add one jlc in my collection in near future. :thumbsup:

Offline takashi78

« Reply #39 on: March 16, 2013, 08:25:46 PM »
Jos,

Thanks for the "test drive"  ;)

And a poisonous wonderful gtg!
Never have i seen so many alarm watches in one setting.
Besides a Vulcain event few years back.

Tyler continues to surprise me with all the great pieces he has. Real eye opener.

FYI
Is "Woon" not "Voon"  ;D

The boutique visit was one of the best i had. Shows how many VVIP we have  :Dancing_banana:

Honestly though, dont know if it was the environment or music playing in the background. The Reverso minute repeater was kinda disappointing.
But not nearly as bad as the Frank Villa i heard before.

:Cheers:
To more great gtg, not only single brand but to anyone who wants to organize any gtg are free to do so.

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #40 on: March 16, 2013, 09:05:04 PM »
Fantastic macro shots & report, Joseph.

Ya ya, I was the one without a JLC... yet.  ;D But it won't be long with all the poison I received today. Really beh tahan liao with all the great pieces brought in by Tyler, Joseph, Derick, Foong (Fong?), etc..

A visit to the JLC boutique was a double poison. Vast display of master pieces & sweet sales lady. No wonder so many of our friends fall prey to this brand.  ;D

I really enjoyed this JLC GTG and like to extend my greatest thanks to Joseph for organizing it. Well done Joseph :thumbsup:

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #41 on: March 16, 2013, 09:10:12 PM »
There's only 2 words that stuck in my mind now.

Cylindrical hairspring

Best
T

Offline takashi78

« Reply #42 on: March 16, 2013, 09:38:26 PM »
Oh man i should have looked closer at the Cylindrical hairspring.
Totally forgot about the loupe.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #43 on: March 16, 2013, 09:39:06 PM »
Tyler, don't start another headache for us..
There's only 2 words that stuck in my mind now.

Cylindrical hairspring

Best
T

I know u beh tahan liao la..
aiya actually there was an even more pretty n shapely chinese salesgirl several years ago.. dunno where she went aredy
I'm waiting for you to organise a gtg for one of your fav brands laaaa.
Fantastic macro shots & report, Joseph.

Ya ya, I was the one without a JLC... yet.  ;D But it won't be long with all the poison I received today. Really beh tahan liao with all the great pieces brought in by Tyler, Joseph, Derick, Foong (Fong?), etc..

A visit to the JLC boutique was a double poison. Vast display of master pieces & sweet sales lady. No wonder so many of our friends fall prey to this brand.  ;D

I really enjoyed this JLC GTG and like to extend my greatest thanks to Joseph for organizing it. Well done Joseph :thumbsup:

No prob.. was trying to poison you laaa.
being treated like one in the 'VVIP inner sanctum' and given exclusive books feels good, doesn't it..I was surprised too that Nida knows so many of us by name.
Jos,
Thanks for the "test drive"  ;)

And a poisonous wonderful gtg!
Never have i seen so many alarm watches in one setting.
Besides a Vulcain event few years back.

Tyler continues to surprise me with all the great pieces he has. Real eye opener.

FYI
Is "Woon" not "Voon"  ;D

The boutique visit was one of the best i had. Shows how many VVIP we have  :Dancing_banana:

Honestly though, dont know if it was the environment or music playing in the background. The Reverso minute repeater was kinda disappointing.
But not nearly as bad as the Frank Villa i heard before.

To more great gtg, not only single brand but to anyone who wants to organize any gtg are free to do so.

sean, I know u r very happy with your Rollie DSSD… for JLC I recommend you to buy an alarm.. Rollie dun have maaaa
Nice gtg you guys have there, luckily I didn't join otherwise It will be my sleepless again , definitely will like to add one jlc in my collection in near future. :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: March 16, 2013, 09:58:11 PM by JOS2012 »

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: March 16, 2013, 10:07:58 PM »
Great report and awesome collection of new and old JLC. Wear them with good health guys.

Offline sean

« Reply #45 on: March 16, 2013, 10:17:16 PM »
Yes Joseph, I always wanted a alarm watch , as I don have any, the Master Compressor Extreme W-alarm is on my wishlist now. :Cheers:

sean, I know u r very happy with your Rollie DSSD… for JLC I recommend you to buy an alarm.. Rollie dun have maaaa

Offline mykita

« Reply #46 on: March 16, 2013, 10:21:48 PM »
Thanks Joseph for organizing the GTG and posting the pics. I had a great time and hope to meet everyone again soon. Possibly for burgers.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: March 16, 2013, 10:29:57 PM »
My pleasure, Derick..I hope you'll organise one soon for your fav brand.
I know just the place for one of d best porkie burgers but it doesn't have a private room..
Thanks Joseph for organizing the GTG and posting the pics. I had a great time and hope to meet everyone again soon. Possibly for burgers.

wow. sean u like real BIG watches… I tried that on my wrist but it was just too big.. so I got the NS Diving Alarm instead
Yes Joseph, I always wanted a alarm watch , as I don have any, the Master Compressor Extreme W-alarm is on my wishlist now. :Cheers:

thanks Ivan..
Great report and awesome collection of new and old JLC. Wear them with good health guys.

Offline mykita

« Reply #48 on: March 16, 2013, 10:35:56 PM »
Sure. I'll PM you for more details. Don't want to hijack the thread. Nite Joseph.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #49 on: March 16, 2013, 10:44:59 PM »
Thanks for the great pics and script JOS2012.

Maybe it's lucky I didn't make it as you guys are way out of my league..