Author Topic: Jaeger LeCultre  (Read 52398 times)

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
Re: Jaeger LeCultre
« Reply #75 on: September 26, 2016, 03:48:05 PM »
JLC is a WIS brand.

In Europe, the second value is much better as demand is well established.

Here, the brand traction is very much in its infancy with local watch buyers. Give it time and the true value of JLC will be reflected in the secondary market.
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline Cocas

« Reply #76 on: September 29, 2016, 07:23:27 AM »
Although I don't own a JLC Reverso yet, there is something special about its movement is that it's calibre parts is designed specifically to be able to fit into rectangular shape casing nicely.

I know many expensive brands, their rectangular shape watch movement inside are actually round shape. Actually many of them are not capable to design one.

For that, JLC Reverso got my double thumbsup remark! :thumbsup:
« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 07:36:26 AM by Cocas »

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #77 on: September 29, 2016, 08:30:02 AM »
I know what you mean. I always wanted to get a Patek 5196G, and I still might get it..... But what bugs me about it is that the movement 215 inside it is actually a very small movement that they used for previous calatravas (below 35mm). They just added metal to the sides when you open the casing (and they also didn't place a sapphire back because of this).

It's like a cop out. We can't invest the time to make a movement large enough inside, or fit well, so let's just place in the current round movement we have even though the casing doesn't hug it properly.
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #78 on: September 29, 2016, 09:38:43 AM »

sloppy
Adam J

Offline Cocas

« Reply #79 on: September 29, 2016, 07:17:25 PM »

sloppy

Errr...this small movement fitting onto oversized casing really really detrimental to PP reputation man.... :Blue:

Offline silic

« Reply #80 on: October 03, 2016, 12:57:41 AM »
To me, I consider JLC a top tier brand that's mostly competing in a tier below. I think most here would agree that ap, pp, vc, lange and breguet are top tier. In terms of history, innovation and technical competency, I think anyone familiar with JLC would agree they are as good if not superior to the top tier brands. As someone mentioned a few posts back, JLC is often referred to as the watch maker's watchmaker due to their technical prowess. The main reason JLC is often considered a tier below is because they sell a lot of cheaper watches, with Stainless Steel and less decorated movements.

Price wise, excluding the top end JLC watches, they mostly compete with the tier below with brands like zenith, glasshute original, iwc, etc. In my mind, JLC is clearly at the top of this tier.

There is more to JLC then just the reversos. They are probably among the most innovative watch manufacturers in modern times along side seiko. Over 1200 calibres, smallest mechanical movement, thinnest mechanical watch, most complicated wrist watch (overthrown by Frank Muller), mechanical clock that requires no human interaction to run and gets it's energy from changes in temperature and atmospheric pressure, etc.
« Last Edit: October 03, 2016, 02:12:47 AM by silic »

Offline Cocas

« Reply #81 on: October 03, 2016, 06:34:04 AM »
To me, I consider JLC a top tier brand that's mostly competing in a tier below. I think most here would agree that ap, pp, vc, lange and breguet are top tier. In terms of history, innovation and technical competency, I think anyone familiar with JLC would agree they are as good if not superior to the top tier brands. As someone mentioned a few posts back, JLC is often referred to as the watch maker's watchmaker due to their technical prowess. The main reason JLC is often considered a tier below is because they sell a lot of cheaper watches, with Stainless Steel and less decorated movements.

Price wise, excluding the top end JLC watches, they mostly compete with the tier below with brands like zenith, glasshute original, iwc, etc. In my mind, JLC is clearly at the top of this tier.

There is more to JLC then just the reversos. They are probably among the most innovative watch manufacturers in modern times along side seiko. Over 1200 calibres, smallest mechanical movement, thinnest mechanical watch, most complicated wrist watch (overthrown by Frank Muller), mechanical clock that requires no human interaction to run and gets it's energy from changes in temperature and atmospheric pressure, etc.
i
Fully agree. I remember JLC has the most patents for watches and parts. Its atomic clock is always the preferred ambassador gifts for country leaders.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #82 on: October 03, 2016, 06:41:23 AM »
JLC is a WIS brand.

In Europe, the second value is much better as demand is well established.

Here, the brand traction is very much in its infancy with local watch buyers. Give it time and the true value of JLC will be reflected in the secondary market.

Yes, @meoramri  bro. Your statement is very true. I contacted 3 preowned shops in JB. They don't have available JLC stock in hand. They asked the same question to me as well that why you like this JLC Reverso? I told them that it is my watch collection target :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Cocas

« Reply #83 on: October 06, 2016, 06:33:12 PM »
Hopeless.... I tried to find the simple basic preowned piece of JLC Reverso in Singapore but failed.

Seems like it's a no choice situation that I will need to save up to get the brand new piece. :Blue:

Offline yong

« Reply #84 on: October 18, 2016, 05:08:03 PM »
I have not seen many nice models here.The  ones you get to see here are either too expensive or ugly.

Sent from my Lenovo A6000 using Tapatalk

Offline silic

« Reply #85 on: October 18, 2016, 08:09:40 PM »
Maybe they're not to everyone's tastes, but price wise, I they're quite reasonable given their reputation and position as a watch maker. For example, the master compressor chronograph II is roughly 10k usd compared to the rolex daytona which is about 13-14k usd? Plus you can still negotiate the prices on JLCs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxhY62etsRQ

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #86 on: October 19, 2016, 05:01:27 PM »

Jlc can be damn beautiful when they want to  :thumbsup:
Adam J

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #87 on: October 20, 2016, 11:26:03 AM »
Nice watch, Adam... :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

His cousin says "HI!!!"  :laugh:

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #88 on: October 20, 2016, 11:51:39 AM »
That's not my watch! I have the Reverso Magritte that is still unworn. Going to sell it or my Lange, whichever goes first and keep the other.  :thumbsup:
Adam J

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #89 on: October 20, 2016, 11:52:45 AM »

Your watch is damn beautiful btw! Can't go wrong with JLC
Adam J

Offline theseira

« Reply #90 on: October 20, 2016, 01:14:27 PM »

sloppy

Errr...this small movement fitting onto oversized casing really really detrimental to PP reputation man.... :Blue:

Well someone have done their homework!

I am pretty sure the new nautilus 5976/1G 40th is like this also. Its oversized with the movement recycled from 5980. damn sloppy!

Offline theseira

« Reply #91 on: October 20, 2016, 01:18:02 PM »

You have everything!

Offline Cocas

« Reply #92 on: May 02, 2017, 09:58:44 PM »
Just discovered an interesting fact from Reverso.

The reference number engraved at the back of Reverso watch is not its model number. But JLC service center could trace the engraved number to its correct model.

For example, my JLC Reverso engraved no. is 252.8.71, its model no. is 252.84.10.

Attached herewith the email correspondence pertaining to my watch model no.

Offline DUF1220

• Freshie
« Reply #93 on: May 03, 2017, 05:32:59 AM »
Hello everyone,

I read this thread with much interest! My one fav reverso...

Offline seale_navy

• Freshie
« Reply #94 on: May 03, 2017, 04:47:04 PM »
my favourite JLC is the entry master control range about 20k plus. hmmm one day hopefully .

Yea i would opt for JLC instead of omega. Its special as not many would buy that brand same goes for glashutte original (dont know why they discontinue their pilot watches) and zenith.

Offline jonyeoh94

• Freshie
Re: Jaeger LeCoultre
« Reply #95 on: May 22, 2017, 02:17:24 PM »
Jaeger LeCoultre is really known for their classy, elegant watches IMO. That's why I decided to go with the Master Ultra Thin dress watch on a black alligator strap. Doesn't get more elegant than that, perfect for black tie events. Uncomplicated dial, slips under a cuff perfectly, wonderful manual-wind movement...

Offline Cocas

« Reply #96 on: July 01, 2017, 08:33:25 AM »
JLC KL main office will move to Pavilion on 22-July-2017 :thumbsup:

Offline Nkssupreme

« Reply #97 on: July 02, 2017, 09:23:25 PM »
Somehow JLC master ultra thin always attracted me when I see one. Just not so into reverso =/

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #98 on: July 03, 2017, 07:02:11 AM »
Forget this PP lah
Spacer ring is needed only for low end watches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline berdsc

• Freshie
« Reply #99 on: July 09, 2017, 11:26:10 AM »
JLC I would go for reverso. JLC has very good movement all in house.
JLC is a nice watch and the price is on the high side too.
Normally if you see someone wearing JLC most probably he/she is a watch collector.
Is very hard to get a pre owned at reasonable price too.