Author Topic: Funniest or strangest comments given by someone regarding a watch  (Read 4656 times)

Offline takashi78

You can guess now i quite bored at work today :P

Lets hear some strange or funny or whacky comments someone made or said in front of you regarding a watch.

I'll start, during a GTG with some members here in a restaurant a waitress wanted to see a member's Sub ND, she said: "do you know that all Rolex is kinetic?" "No, seriously they are and thats why its expensive".
I didnt even bother to respond but one of our member proceed to explain haha....good chap :Cheers:

Last 2 weeks at a event while looking at a new collection a customer ask the salesgirl if this watch was automatic, she looked at the movt and said its "manual automatic" :-\

Offline peanut

Re: Funniest or strangest comments given by someone regarding a watch
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2010, 12:47:06 PM »
Just about 10 minutes ago, a collegue of mine was looking at my Seiko Discusburger and asked me "how many watches do you have?  You seem to have a new watch everyday!"   ;D

My Alain Silberstein attracts a fair bit of attention.  At one time, someone asked me where did I get the watch and how much.  After telling him the shop and price, he was so shocked that he said "I thought you got this at Isetan's toy section!"

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2010, 12:54:24 PM »
When I wear my Speedy (or some other chrono), someone commented, "eh, how come your watch is not moving ah?"  ;D

When I wear my Sub ND, someone commented, "eh, how come your Rolex got no bubble on glass ah, is that real?"  ;D

Offline sshark

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2010, 01:40:24 PM »
When I wear my Speedy (or some other chrono), someone commented, "eh, how come your watch is not moving ah?"  ;D

The 1st time i held the speedy, I was wandering the same thing :)

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2010, 02:09:25 PM »
"I thought you got this at Isetan's toy section!"

Ya, hope you don’t mind to tell me where u got it, adult or kid toy section??  :Laughing_on_floor:

I met a subcon with Pam 104 during the bids interview and I was with my submariner. He compliment on my “Shell” jacket instead of my watch… Pengsan

Offline sshark

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2010, 02:12:37 PM »
Now isetan got adult toy section???  :o

subs (real, fake and wannabe) r too common whereas less ppl own shell jackets

Offline peanut

« Reply #6 on: August 13, 2010, 02:52:19 PM »
I met a subcon with Pam 104 during the bids interview and I was with my submariner. He compliment on my “Shell” jacket instead of my watch… Pengsan
My direct report wears a PAM 321 but he doesn't know much about watches.  When I asked him, he explained that his in-law gave him the watch as a gift.  So you cannot assume someone wear a "good" watch means he knows something about this!   ;)

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: August 13, 2010, 03:13:42 PM »
u got the point too but forgotten to tell u his subordinate, a Project Manager was wearing a Yacht Master...

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #8 on: August 13, 2010, 08:44:55 PM »
i've been told that "why do you wear a clock on your hand?" when i wore my panerai.also when it is my left hander, questions like " your watch spoil ka?why terbalik the button?" also pops up. :Laughing_on_floor:
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline Johnny Bravo

« Reply #9 on: August 13, 2010, 09:17:41 PM »
just to share....I bought a Moscow Classic watch (A russian brand watch from [AD name removed as per forum rules - MWF mod]) which I think look like a Panerai...this evening, i went out with a colleague of mind who looked at my watch and said", wow! nice looking Breitling. must have cost u a fortune,"......well, it is actually less than 1K  ;D
« Last Edit: August 13, 2010, 10:11:53 PM by takashi78 »

Offline swleong

« Reply #10 on: August 13, 2010, 09:23:41 PM »
i wore my Toywatch Skeleton Rose Gold in the office, my admin staff looked at it and say "wow, is huge, look like transformer" what the.... :Confused: