Author Topic: Remorse  (Read 3910 times)

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
Remorse
« on: August 02, 2010, 11:26:48 PM »
dun know if anyone here have this feeling like me.

whenever i pass by any under privileged person i would feel remorse that i am spending so much on something so trivial and yet there are so many ppl have less  :Blue:

on times, surfing the net and spending time in the forum..you'll be drooling on other ppl;s watches and dreaming about ur grail. but then you see some old auntie and uncle who can;t even walk straight, shuffling their feet, clearing tables.. picking up cans and cardboards... selling tissues.... panhandling... it does tug your heart stings.

all around the world..everywhere i go i see so much misery. makes me grateful for all my family have given me.

makes me think..should i just stop this or maybe get another piece and stop this madness  :laugh:? yeah right...another piece and then another piece. but on quiet nights like this..this feeling creeps up on you. sigh
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline peanut

Re: Remorse
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, 11:48:54 PM »
Remorse is probably too strong a word.  i would say guilt is more appropriate.  We spent crazy money on our hobby sometimes.  I used to do charity work many years back so I didn't have this feeling.  Now I do as I have not given back to the society enough.  We lack the strong culture and encouragement to help others.  That's why I said it would be good for watchmakers to affiliate/collaborate with charity organizations such that part of the revenue can go to those organizations.  Then the buyers will also feel good about it.

Life is short.  We need to play hard but we should also help others along the way but these two are not mutually exclusive.  :)
P/S: good topic and thought

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2010, 11:52:18 PM »
i agree..remorse is too harsh a word. guilt is more like it. however, as guilty as you might feel, do not dwell on it for too long..for you have worked hard for your money and deserve to reward yourself. having said that, helping the needy is also a good deed and a good avenue to channel some of the extra money. just my 2 cents
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline adrian

« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 12:04:58 AM »
Isn't it the same for the cars and homes we have? The holidays we take. Or the food we eat. Man, I spend a lot on food and drinks and these things you're not aware coz it goes in and it comes out.

It's impossible I feel for someone to fully give up life's pleasures in the quest to help the needy. I recall reading here that the Dalai Lama is fond of Rolex? How come he didn't sell off his Rolexs and use the money for something else?

We do what we can, our part, whatever more or little we can.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 01:10:02 AM »
yeah ..maybe u guys are right.

i did not kill or cheat to get what i wanted.

just live with it.

cheers

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 07:09:48 AM »
reading this thread, reminding me a song.... Ironic - Alanis Morrisets

it's true life is short, as long as we don't do things that harms anyone, We don't steal, don't snatch... and we feel fulfillment when doing it. Experiencing the process, learning fr. experience, believing what you seeing, listening with observation. Treat ur family good... after all.. people surrounding u, be it friends or families will be leaving... day by days to come... isnt it?

Offline Samajaya168

• ^_^
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 03:42:33 PM »
 :Praying:  :angel:

be glad, be glad  :thumbsup:
AP - 15710
ROLEX - 116710
FM - GPG 9900
PANERAI - PAM 00000
CHOPARD - 168457-3005
ZENITH - 03.2430.3000/21.C738
SINN - Art-Nr. 1020.040
TISSOT - T066.427.17.047.00
OMEGA - 1513.30.00 (TRADED)
IWC -  IW500703 (TRADED)

Offline sshark

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 09:23:50 AM »
There is nothing to be ashamed of spending the money we earned honestly.

Some choose to pamper themselves by having the satisfaction of knowing they have made someone life better. Many like me are less complicated, we spend money on ourselves, e.g. buy watches, to pamper ourselves. We can choose to put in our effort to help others if you feel good about it. If you don't feel it, then don't do it and you don't have to justify to anyone. Perhaps, it is not the time yet.

Not all old folks are really unfortunate. Some make good money collecting recycle material. Whereas some bring it upon themselves. They spent their entire youth lazying, partying and care less about their future.

Things are not as simple as it seems to be.

Offline JPSP

« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 12:29:25 PM »
Terence,

if you feel bad...come donate to "Save James" fund lah....

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 04:14:51 PM »
Terence,

if you feel bad...come donate to "Save James" fund lah....

cannot lar James... think next time your watch box would be too heavy for you to take jalan-jalan around orchard if we donate to your fund

:Laughing_on_floor: