Author Topic: Watch for my future husband.  (Read 19430 times)

Offline rusminag

Re: Watch for my future husband.
« Reply #25 on: January 27, 2012, 11:51:04 AM »
If your husband to be truly loves you, he'll wear anything that comes from you. Not all men equates watches to status. Some wear expensive watch but have empty wallets. What kinda status is that? More like ego and pride.

Just stick to your budget. Buy what you think it's best. Even the cheapest can carry most value in his heart (as it's from you).

+1 Amen to this ...

and also this article !

Any idea what was the Seiko Chronograph Automatic price at that time?

If we are talking about 30 years ago... a new Rolex Submariner Date was about USD1k.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2012, 12:01:18 PM by rusminag »
Don't Waste Time, Go for Rolex

Offline TJ

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: January 28, 2012, 03:27:57 PM »
For those with empty wallet, Original Rolex will be the last thing that they will wear...

That's where you are wrong and will be surprised to know. Some spend all their money or worst swipe their plastic and end up being broke or in debt for months. I've seen many in such situation just because they try hard to keep up with their peers. Pure stupidity.

Offline TJ

• Freshie
« Reply #27 on: January 28, 2012, 03:44:24 PM »
If you're buying a watch for your future husband, just go with what you think will suit him and within budget.
As for the status part, if he wants status, he can buy it himself.
I agree with Omnipotent, it's the thought that counts.
Not everyone can have 5 figure budget for a watch.
I would recommend a tissot or a mido... both are reasonably priced.

I agree with both Hanz and Omnipotent. For Valentine's many years back, I got my wife a Tag as a gift and she gave me an Adidas digital sport watch in return. Till this day, I value and treasure that watch more than any of the Rollies, JLCs, IWCs, Cartiers, PAMs, and Hublot we both have.

It can be a 5, 6 or 7 figure price tagged watch, but who gives a tool hood, you shouldn't bother what others think of too. Key is, the thought always comes first and it will last to be cherished.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 03:46:59 PM by TJ »

Offline rusminag

« Reply #28 on: January 28, 2012, 04:07:33 PM »
For those with empty wallet, Original Rolex will be the last thing that they will wear...

That's where you are wrong and will be surprised to know. Some spend all their money or worst swipe their plastic and end up being broke or in debt for months. I've seen many in such situation just because they try hard to keep up with their peers. Pure stupidity.

I hope that there are no stupid people in this forum..

Offline rusminag

« Reply #29 on: January 28, 2012, 04:12:23 PM »
If you're buying a watch for your future husband, just go with what you think will suit him and within budget.
As for the status part, if he wants status, he can buy it himself.
I agree with Omnipotent, it's the thought that counts.
Not everyone can have 5 figure budget for a watch.
I would recommend a tissot or a mido... both are reasonably priced.

I agree with both Hanz and Omnipotent. For Valentine's many years back, I got my wife a Tag as a gift and she gave me an Adidas digital sport watch in return. Till this day, I value and treasure that watch more than any of the Rollies, JLCs, IWCs, Cartiers, PAMs, and Hublot we both have.

It can be a 5, 6 or 7 figure price tagged watch, but who gives a tool hood, you shouldn't bother what others think of too. Key is, the thought always comes first and it will last to be cherished.

Mind sharing some photo shots of your collections?

Offline TJ

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: January 28, 2012, 07:47:03 PM »
I've stopped sharing shots for some reasons. Go check 'what's on your wrist', I've a shot there.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2012, 07:48:40 PM by TJ »

Offline dpkong

« Reply #31 on: January 29, 2012, 09:27:29 AM »

I hope that there are no stupid people in this forum..

last i looked, this was a _WATCH_ forum.

how each person decides to fund his purchases is purely up to the individual. we shouldn't be calling anyone names just because they aren't prudent with their cashflow.

Offline ASIAM

« Reply #32 on: January 30, 2012, 07:21:56 AM »
Mido Barocelli is below RM2K, good as dress watch.

Or Seiko/Orient/Tissot should fit ur budget.

Offline fistball

• Freshie
« Reply #33 on: January 30, 2012, 10:43:25 AM »
Hi AMY, Congrate.

for 1K, i would suggest u get a VOSTOK EUROPE ROCKET N1 series....

Offline Ted baker

• Freshie
« Reply #34 on: February 08, 2012, 04:02:19 PM »
Try Russian brand , you can get something like that with that kind of price range.
and it's automatic and hand winding too...cheers

Offline Fei

• Freshie
« Reply #35 on: February 14, 2012, 08:44:43 PM »
I was looking for a watch below rm1k too and found that there are some top 10 list of poor mens watches, if that helps.

Personally, I would go for a Seiko.

Offline jefnando

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2012, 06:15:22 PM »
This thread has been going on for some time, the OP decided yet? Seriously, don't get any other non mainstream watches if your future husband is not a WIS. Either go citizen, seiko or go for any nice looking boutique brand like ck, fossil, guess etc. don't even think of stretching your budget because once you start, you'll regret you didn't stretch it a little further. The last I checked, ck has some nice couple swiss made quartz within your budget. tats 2 matching swiss made quartz and some spare cash for a nice dinner.
Life is more than just a sum of the 6 senses

Offline djkenishii

• Freshie
« Reply #37 on: February 16, 2012, 10:41:30 PM »
u can check out Tissot watches..it is rugged and big in diameter..prices are affordable too

Offline beginner

• Freshie
« Reply #38 on: February 17, 2012, 07:04:47 AM »
Think Tissot is a good option, what about swiss army (not sure how much is it though)?

Offline chin

« Reply #39 on: February 17, 2012, 07:09:10 AM »
Seriously Tissot & CK advise from a WIS forum??? Y not get a digital watch with 15 different alarm tones  :Laughing_on_floor:

Although many do not want to admit it, but this hobby does involve a whole lot of snob appeal and elitism hence branding (heritage?) and 'prohibitive pricing' is of paramount importance. Much like a woman's handbag it is not so much the look or material rather the brand, cost and the current fashion fad.

Case in point - show a pam vs. a luminox to a non-WIS and chances are he will prefer the luminox or tell u both watch are fugly compared to his swatch/ seiko.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2012, 07:16:50 AM by chin »

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2012, 07:13:59 AM »
Seriously Tissot & CK advise from a WIS forum??? Y not get a digital watch with 15 different alarm tones  :Laughing_on_floor:

Why not Tissot and CK? They are good brands in their own right. Anyway, advise given for the budget proposed.

Offline ivanswk

• Res ipsa loquitur :P
« Reply #41 on: February 17, 2012, 07:59:21 AM »
i also think dkny and esprit watch is nice, but both cannot beat armani   :Dancing_banana:

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
« Reply #42 on: February 17, 2012, 12:04:31 PM »

Why not Tissot and CK? They are good brands in their own right. Anyway, advise given for the budget proposed.

Agreed~   :thumbsup: i oso wear Tissot.. I think its a good reliable and nice looking watch.. ><'
Also people than are not really into watches oso knows the brand.

Just my 2.2cents~ tc cheers~!  :Cheers:
"People who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it~ ^^Y"

Offline jacky8888

• Global Moderator
  • More than meets the eye
« Reply #43 on: February 17, 2012, 01:19:20 PM »
i kinda like Armani.....
especially the big EAGLE at 12 o'clock
Jacky Wong