Author Topic: MWF 4th Anniversary Dinner (Sat Jan 5th 2013) 630pm  (Read 18792 times)

Offline 7thfort

• Yeehah
Re: MWF 4th Anniversary Dinner (Sat Jan 5th 2013)
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2012, 07:41:36 PM »
Excellent planning & presentation, takashi78. Well done. All the best.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2012, 11:36:29 AM »
Bump to the top.

Lets make it 30 people or more so have reason to ask the cafe to close for our event only.

Menu for selection will be sent out within the next day for you guys to pre order the mains and dessert.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2012, 12:35:29 PM »
PM has been sent out by the Mods to the people attending.

FYI on the 2 drinks you can select from their entire menu of over 50 different coffee and 50 different teas.

And yes even beer if you so choose.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2012, 04:56:42 PM »

There is beer? Now I'm getting interested...

Offline takashi78

« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2012, 05:09:06 PM »
Fly over la, come come !!!
Bring Hanz and the gang also  :Cheers:

Offline Primus

« Reply #30 on: December 18, 2012, 09:58:10 PM »
Im interested to meet you kind people, but is there any newbies going?

Don't want to be the only guy who dont know anyone there haha become odd one out

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #31 on: December 19, 2012, 06:17:15 AM »

Don't want to be the only guy who dont know anyone there haha become odd one out

Hi, Primuslim,
There's no hierarchy at mwf's GTGs. Newbies, freshies, hero members.....we all merely provide the wrists on which our watches are strapped. All of us humans are just the supporting cast, the watches are the primary attractions.....so, please come, on condition that you don the cross of calatrava.. ;D

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #32 on: December 19, 2012, 06:36:52 AM »

Hi, Primuslim,
There's no hierarchy at mwf's GTGs. Newbies, freshies, hero members.....we all merely provide the wrists on which our watches are strapped. All of us humans are just the supporting cast, the watches are the primary attractions.....so, please come, on condition that you don the cross of calatrava.. ;D
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:
@Primuslim, I've put your name in the list.
http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php/topic,7329.25.html

Offline takashi78

« Reply #33 on: December 19, 2012, 06:41:29 AM »
Hi Primuslim,

There is always a first time, everyone here is friendly and all united for the love of watches.
Its a casual event and all is there to have fun.
Glad you can join.

Offline Primus

« Reply #34 on: December 19, 2012, 10:57:48 AM »
Hi, Primuslim,

Wow so much pressure for my calatrava!!!! lol ok ok sure thing :)

Offline Primus

« Reply #35 on: December 19, 2012, 11:00:32 AM »

dpkong, why don't you fly down we can meet each other then and have some good drinks, would be nice to meet up with you

Thanks Enkidu, ck77 and Takashi, i'll turn up and be nice to meet new fellow watch lovers. May i have the organiser phone number so i can call and meet somebody when i turn up?

Also, to the person who is kindly organising, would the restaurant allow BYO? I would like to bring my Bowmore scotch and have a drink with you guys. I'll personally pay for the BYO fee. Sometimes tea and coffee just can't cut it. haha

Also wondering if there is a smoking section. Thanks for the kind welcome guys

Offline takashi78

« Reply #36 on: December 19, 2012, 11:36:50 AM »
Contacts for the mods will be sent out 1 week before the event.
Dont worry the cafe is not too big and we already taking up about 70% of their space.

I think BYO should be ok and since you saying you will pay the BYO fee i think should not be a problem.  ;D

There is a patio outside area so can smoke there if you choose.
 :Cheers:

Offline dpkong

« Reply #37 on: December 19, 2012, 02:52:41 PM »

dpkong, why don't you fly down we can meet each other then and have some good drinks, would be nice to meet up with you

Thanks Enkidu, ck77 and Takashi, i'll turn up and be nice to meet new fellow watch lovers. May i have the organiser phone number so i can call and meet somebody when i turn up?

Also, to the person who is kindly organising, would the restaurant allow BYO? I would like to bring my Bowmore scotch and have a drink with you guys. I'll personally pay for the BYO fee. Sometimes tea and coffee just can't cut it. haha

With your Calatrava making an appearance, the temptation is great indeed. I am negotiating with the Mrs and also looking at the site work schedule to see if I can take a day off.

Scotch and smokes sound extremely good too.  :Cheers:

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #38 on: December 19, 2012, 03:01:42 PM »
ha, single malt Islay, smokes....( Cohibas ?)..a man after my heart...
now it sounds really tempting...
last but not least.. to see the calatrava cross in the metal...

maybe we need to see how many single malt enthusiasts there are.. if there are many (6 drinkers can easily finish a bottle in an afternoon) may need more than 1 bottle Bowmore..
so if >6 and if I can make it, I can always bring another Islay single malt (surprise on which)...or for some variation, a single malt Yamazaki...

I think BYO is no issue if they have whisky glasses, ice and filtered water....

« Last Edit: December 19, 2012, 03:09:24 PM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline Primus

« Reply #39 on: December 19, 2012, 03:43:04 PM »

With your Calatrava making an appearance, the temptation is great indeed. I am negotiating with the Mrs and also looking at the site work schedule to see if I can take a day off.

lol come on down! Cool looking forward to see you. Ask your site supervisor to hold the fort for the weekend.

maybe we need to see how many single malt enthusiasts there are.. if there are many (6 drinkers can easily finish a bottle in an afternoon) may need more than 1 bottle Bowmore..
so if >6 and if I can make it, I can always bring another Islay single malt (surprise on which)...or for some variation, a single malt Yamazaki...

JOS2012, looks like i might have found a drinking buddy for that night. But i don't see your name on the attendance list? Scared i bring the bottle and i'm the only one drinking, look like an alcoholic

Hope the BYO charges are not expensive, normally I can't find Bowmore in malaysia being sold in pubs or restaurants anymore hence why i always bring my own. I just love the smoky flavour.

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #40 on: December 19, 2012, 07:16:37 PM »
I love my single malts and smokes as much as watches and other toys...

However I can't confirm my schedule yet… Was told 28th is the last day to confirm…

Anyway I'm sure there are whisky enthusiasts within the attendees but to be fair to you, perhaps those keen should indicate now so that its easier to judge if 1 bottle suffices…
Perhaps Peter can also check with the owner on the BYO charges per bottle..since no service required (unless he has fair maidens serving), we can pour our own and their only cost is the water and ice, provided he has whisky glasses.

lol come on down! Cool looking forward to see you. Ask your site supervisor to hold the fort for the weekend.

JOS2012, looks like i might have found a drinking buddy for that night. But i don't see your name on the attendance list? Scared i bring the bottle and i'm the only one drinking, look like an alcoholic

Hope the BYO charges are not expensive, normally I can't find Bowmore in malaysia being sold in pubs or restaurants anymore hence why i always bring my own. I just love the smoky flavour.
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline takashi78

« Reply #41 on: December 19, 2012, 07:37:39 PM »
I shall check and revert.

Offline Kennypane

« Reply #42 on: December 19, 2012, 09:36:05 PM »
I would love to join. But I will be at Sunway. If u guys nearby, I will drop by.

Offline felixlew

« Reply #43 on: December 21, 2012, 01:31:47 PM »
if i jz have 1 watch can i join ?

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: December 21, 2012, 01:33:22 PM »
sure

Offline takashi78

« Reply #45 on: December 21, 2012, 01:46:56 PM »
PM has been sent out by the mods for the pre selection of mains & dessert for the dinner.

Please reply to CK ASAP as to ease our planning.

Thank you all.

Happy Doomsday !

Offline Primus

« Reply #46 on: December 21, 2012, 09:30:41 PM »

pls join so we can be new guys together  ;D

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2012, 08:17:02 AM »
Seen like very happening.. How I wish I can join u guys... Let me renegotiate to my lady boss again..

Offline takashi78

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2012, 10:39:53 PM »
Please do Dennis!
Bring the Singapore bros along!

Offline JPamAP

• Freshie
« Reply #49 on: December 23, 2012, 03:38:34 PM »
What a nice GTG, I wish I can fly back to meet you guys there....OR someone would ask me to fly Kite lah.  Hopefully if tiger is permitted.  Enjoy ! All MWF members.  merry Christmas and Happy New Year.