Author Topic: Newbies need help  (Read 3946 times)

Offline ajih

Newbies need help
« on: April 21, 2017, 01:58:02 PM »
Hi
i am wearing steinhart nav b-uhr with unitas 6497 movement. recently i may have overwind the watch when i heard a snap sound and then the crown start feeling loose..apparently i cant wind the watch anymore..so, i want to ask, what are the possible part damage due to overwinding a mechanical watch? is there any recommended watch repair shop for me to send this? is the part expensive?

Offline dualcarb

Re: Newbies need help
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2017, 02:52:01 PM »
There is a clutch system that prevents overwinding. I had the same issue happen to my watch. But it was a vintage and parts are more expensive and harder to source. Best to send your watch into a service centre for Steinhart.

Offline vinorus

The Daytona C in Steel is my dream watch now...

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #3 on: April 22, 2017, 07:27:36 AM »
Look on the bright side - it can be repaired and be as good as new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline ajih

Newbies need help
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2017, 04:53:24 PM »
There is a clutch system that prevents overwinding. I had the same issue happen to my watch. But it was a vintage and parts are more expensive and harder to source. Best to send your watch into a service centre for Steinhart.
yeah.. i have read about the overwind nd preventing mechanism in the system..somehow i manage to break something during the winding process..is there any service centre for steinhart in malaysia? i want to try to source for locally first if there are any recommended watch repair shop within  klang valley area..

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Offline jetstrim

« Reply #5 on: April 22, 2017, 08:51:18 PM »
My manual wind Omega speedy comes to a full stop when fully wound and I take care to wind slowly when I feel it's approaching Full wind. For Automatic watches, don't need.