Author Topic: JLC in mind. Need advice.  (Read 23441 times)

Offline Godzillaz

Re: JLC in mind. Need advice.
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2012, 09:08:22 AM »
The NSA is a good watch. Make sure you keep good care of the articulated rubber bracelet. It's a bitch to replace.   :Scolding:

Regards
Tyler

Thanks much for sharing your opinions and I personally appreciate it. Really.  :)

After sleeping on the JLC models, I've decided to go for the JLC Master Compressor Navy Seal (42mm) with its articulated rubber for a start. It should serve me good for my casual wear. I have in fact made the necessary arrangement. God's will, I should be able to own it by end Apr 12. As for my dress watch, I'll be going for the JLC Master Ultra Thin Moonphase 39.

The truth, my eyes are still with the Reverso series, particularly the Grande GMT, but now comes the GO Senator Perpetual Calendar (ceramic). I hope I can achieve it by the end of this year.  :Praying:

For those who can help me out in paving my way to get a good deal on GO, please PM me.

Again, thank you guys!

:Cheers:

Offline Henry133

• Freshie
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2012, 04:27:52 PM »
The NSA is a good watch. Make sure you keep good care of the articulated rubber bracelet. It's a bitch to replace.   :Scolding:

Regards
Tyler

Thanks much for sharing your opinions and I personally appreciate it. Really.  :)

After sleeping on the JLC models, I've decided to go for the JLC Master Compressor Navy Seal (42mm) with its articulated rubber for a start. It should serve me good for my casual wear. I have in fact made the necessary arrangement. God's will, I should be able to own it by end Apr 12. As for my dress watch, I'll be going for the JLC Master Ultra Thin Moonphase 39.

The truth, my eyes are still with the Reverso series, particularly the Grande GMT, but now comes the GO Senator Perpetual Calendar (ceramic). I hope I can achieve it by the end of this year.  :Praying:

For those who can help me out in paving my way to get a good deal on GO, please PM me.

Again, thank you guys!

I know someone who bought a GO recently at a bargain...

Calling Jos2012!!!! Pls send SOS help here!!

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2012, 04:36:26 PM »
thanks for broadcasting the GO purchase..... :-[
btw it wasnt a bargain, I just didn't like the KL dealer... >:(
Anyway the TS already pmed me and I've advised him aredy..
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline Henry133

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2012, 04:46:17 PM »

Hahaha..if it was me I would have ...jumped up and down with joy if I have a GO...plastered the whole forum with pics ahahaha :Laughing_on_floor:

Sorry lor if I dragged you into it....oooo didnt know you didnt get it at a bargain... ;)but then every GO is a bargain...since its almost a Lange!!!!

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2012, 05:44:57 PM »
no prob.. :Cheers:
besides I aredy posted a thread with some pics when I got the GO.. :laugh:
dowan to take up too much bandwith repeating.... 8)

Hahaha..if it was me I would have ...jumped up and down with joy if I have a GO...plastered the whole forum with pics ahahaha :Laughing_on_floor:

Sorry lor if I dragged you into it....oooo didnt know you didnt get it at a bargain... ;)but then every GO is a bargain...since its almost a Lange!!!!
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline akunawe

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: April 12, 2012, 05:50:17 PM »
I share the same 'frustration' with JOS2012. For that particular model, I've discovered that the retail price is way higher than the suggested international market with slim discount. I am exploring other ways to get it.  :)

Offline akunawe

• Freshie
« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2012, 11:10:36 PM »
Just to update guys.

I'm back in Msia last Saturday after a 30 hours journey and I will be receiving my JLC Navy Seal next week from an AD here. Oh, tried the 44mm but it was too big and overstated hence the 42mm.

Offline akunawe

• Freshie
« Reply #32 on: May 03, 2012, 11:03:23 PM »
At last, got my JLC Master Compressor Navy Seal today. Delivery was faster than schedule.

The articulated rubber is indeed beautiful. Needless to say, the watch itself is gorgeous!

JLC rocks!  :Dancing_banana:

Offline gapnap

« Reply #33 on: May 03, 2012, 11:18:08 PM »
pics or it didn't happen  :P

We need to start a JLC club in MWF .

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #34 on: May 04, 2012, 06:46:05 AM »
Glad you like it.

Please grace us with a wrist shot in a new thread. Modern watches or Watch Gallery

Regards
Tyler
At last, got my JLC Master Compressor Navy Seal today. Delivery was faster than schedule.

The articulated rubber is indeed beautiful. Needless to say, the watch itself is gorgeous!

JLC rocks!  :Dancing_banana:

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #35 on: May 04, 2012, 08:27:47 AM »
Hi Akunawe,
Congrats on your new JLC Navy Seal. I agree with gapnap that we need to show more passion for JLC to counter the recent infusion of PAM poison. Please post pics for your new timepiece.

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #36 on: May 04, 2012, 01:55:28 PM »
PAM poison ... getting cold feet?  :P

JLC is really THE swiss brand. A true manufacturer.

Regards
Tyler

Hi Akunawe,
Congrats on your new JLC Navy Seal. I agree with gapnap that we need to show more passion for JLC to counter the recent infusion of PAM poison. Please post pics for your new timepiece.

Offline akunawe

• Freshie
« Reply #37 on: May 04, 2012, 06:05:01 PM »
Here you go guys!!!

http://i508.photobucket.com/albums/s327/akunawe/MUN_8352-1.jpg

Another pic available at Modern Watches - "what is on your wrist today?"

Offline akunawe

• Freshie
« Reply #38 on: May 04, 2012, 06:22:28 PM »
Next hunt is the JLC Master Compressor Diving GMT Lady. For those who are interested to know which one is it, here's the reference number - Q189C770. Will be picking it up during transit in Dubai middle this month.  :)   

Offline akunawe

• Freshie
« Reply #39 on: May 16, 2012, 01:04:39 PM »
Next hunt is the JLC Master Compressor Diving GMT Lady. For those who are interested to know which one is it, here's the reference number - Q189C770. Will be picking it up during transit in Dubai middle this month.  :)

And here it is ... !!!

Offline dpkong

« Reply #40 on: May 16, 2012, 05:32:23 PM »

why from Dubai? is it a lot more cheaper?

Offline akunawe

• Freshie
« Reply #41 on: May 16, 2012, 10:58:53 PM »

why from Dubai? is it a lot more cheaper?

Item sourced elsewhere and not originating from Dubai. Only delivery and payment was in Dubai. I have never negotiated any watch deals in Dubai hence I am not in the position to say so. The only experience was at Dubai airport both Terminal 3 and Terminal 1 where no discount given.

I can help you if you are really interested. Just PM me and I'll pave you the way.

Hope that helps.

Offline Godzillaz

« Reply #42 on: May 17, 2012, 10:51:36 PM »
The rubber clad bracelet is to die for. Is that a ceramic bezel?

Regards
Tyler

And here it is ... !!!

Offline akunawe

• Freshie
« Reply #43 on: May 18, 2012, 01:50:02 AM »
Only the case is ceramic. Bezel wise, I just found out that it is made of steel and lacquered.  Can live with that.  ;)

The rubber clad bracelet is to die for. Is that a ceramic bezel?

Regards
Tyler

And here it is ... !!!

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #44 on: May 18, 2012, 01:17:19 PM »
isnt navy seals series case are made up of grade 5 titanium?
« Last Edit: May 18, 2012, 01:32:20 PM by Gigi »

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #45 on: May 18, 2012, 03:41:27 PM »
Interesting subject..

Over the last few weeks, when I was shopping around for a dive watch to replace all the dive watches I disposed off, I went to JLC Starhill to check out both the JLC Navy Seals Diver Automatic and Diver Alarm.
The cases are really beautifully finished. I was also of the opinion that they are titanium Grade 5 and PVD finished.

At the end of the day I ended up buying the GS SBGA031 J1 last week due to following:
i) it was only slightly more than 65%  the cost of the JLC Diver Alarm which was the more expensive of the 2 JLCs.
ii) the GS SBGA031 was also titanium Grade 5 and even more refinely finished compared to the 2 JLCs, including both the dial and case. I also liked the light grey case/bracelet against the subtle gold lettering on the dial so had to pay RM3K premium over the stainless steel SBGA029 J1.
iii) JLC is more rugged and tool-like whereas the SBGA 031 is more of a desk diver but the GS can easily handle the job as competently
iv) Finally I've been spoilt by the extreme precision of the Spring Drives which no conventional automatic can hope to rival.

BTW I'm also a JLC fan owning a Master Control Master Moon in white gold and Reverso Grande GMT. I sold off my JLC Master Control RDM recently. The JLCs are really nice but I feel that JLC has been increasing their prices to a level where its no longer attractive to me....

I've been diving for >20 yrs and have 4 certifications from NAUI, SSI, TDI including Rescue & Nitrox Technical certification. No one needs a dive watch that exceeds 100m...its only for bragging rights. Even tri-mix diving only requires at most 200m penetration, so you don't need 600m or 1000m capability unless you like to strap your watch to the outside of a submarine whilst you are sitting in it, in which case you have no watch to check your time…OR you love over-engineering and at the same time love paying through your nose for it...

Over my >1,900 logged dives, I've never flooded any of my dive watches be it the Sinn, SMP, Planet Ocean which are rated only between 200m-600m. The maximum for compressed air diving is 200 ft or 60m. Below that you need to go for tri-mix helium dives. Only a handful of hard core divers in Malaysia have reached this stage. Most of the time recreational divers reach at most 55-60m deepest. COMEX divers may dive deeper but still not 200m. That's another subject.. They dont really dive very deep but they stay much longer as they do u/w work such as welding, etc. For really deep water COMEX uses remote control submersibles.

Anyhow serious divers use 2 dive computers for safety ( 1 for main use, the other as backup) not dive watches, which are only for time reference which the dive computers also provide.
BTW I use 2 Swiss-made Uwatec Aladin Pro-Nitrox dive computers, programmable for variable air-mix ratios.They tell me not only the time but my body temperature, ambient temperature, air consumption rate, remaining dive time, dive profile,warn me of exceeding non-decompression dive times, provide decompression times in the event the non-decomp is exceeded and plan my next few dives for the rest of the day. The dive watch is just to show off to those on land that you're a diver...:) , much like how some people love to stick those dive related stickers all over their car, as if diving is such an elite and exclusive sport.

« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 12:16:31 PM by JOS2012 »

Offline akunawe

• Freshie
« Reply #46 on: May 18, 2012, 06:32:29 PM »
isnt navy seals series case are made up of grade 5 titanium?

It varies depending to the models. In my case, my MCNS Automatic is from stainless steel. As for the MCD GMT Lady, it is ceramic. More information from JLC's website.  :Cheers:

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #47 on: May 19, 2012, 08:11:30 AM »
Good info JOS, thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:
Why don't you crate a thread to show your dive watches in action underwater :angel:

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #48 on: May 19, 2012, 02:54:18 PM »
I'd love to but honestly before I joined MWF although I bought watches regularly, I've never taken pics of the watches that I owned much less took pics of them during usage.
All those dive watches have been sold so no chance to take such pics u/water anymore. The u/w shot of the SBGA031 will have to wait….

The forums I used to be active in yrs ago didn't have such threads for wristshots, etc..

Good info JOS, thanks for sharing  :thumbsup:
Why don't you crate a thread to show your dive watches in action underwater :angel:
« Last Edit: May 19, 2012, 08:46:03 PM by JOS2012 »

Offline Meor72

• Freshie
« Reply #49 on: August 15, 2012, 11:10:34 PM »
 I wouldve gone forthe reverso grande, but the navy seals does looks solid. My only qualms with it is that its a bit too thick for my liking.
Meor