Author Topic: Strange incident or just pure coincidence...  (Read 8227 times)

Offline miseralim

• Freshie
Strange incident or just pure coincidence...
« on: March 13, 2012, 04:09:33 PM »
Yesterday when i was doing my work in the living room, my girlfriend asked me to change the battery of the wall analog clock which has been dead for quite some time, so since i'm working on something, i didn't bother to change it.

So obviously she's angry about it and kept on whining... after about 20 minutes or so, i went to change the battery, after i replaced it, i look around for the time and find that its 5:51 pm on my iPad, so i went back and try to tune the clock to 5:51, here's the strange thing, the clock is already at 5.51 sharp!!! At any other time if i went to change the battery after she told me to, it wouldn't be 5.51, but I did went to replace it exactly at 5.51!!!

There's another really creepy story. I was at the mines wellness resort staying for a week there for a seminar. The first thing i realize on the digital clock in my room is that it was off by a mile, probably like few hours from the current time. The first night was faultless, i had a great sleep. But the second night was creepy, i woke up in the middle of the night, i looked at the clock, the shows 3.21, and i look at my mobile phone for a more accurate time, its 3.21 exactly!!! The clock was never accurate and I didn't ask for house keeping, so nobody could've touched the watch.

Creepy? or coincidence?

Offline Scott C.

Re: Strange incident or just pure coincidence...
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2012, 05:03:43 PM »
Take care mate ....

LOL~!! I think just coincidence la... and you probably read the wrong time in the middle of the night... or possible, you are in the INCEPTION~!!! faster spin your coin~  ;D

Offline takashi78

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2012, 05:38:46 PM »

Offline davidtth

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2012, 06:23:31 PM »
the clock should be made by Apple, so all ur device timing are sync-ed ..  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline sshark

« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2012, 07:15:55 PM »
something is fooling with ur clocks  ;D

Offline nayo

« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2012, 09:23:46 PM »
A stopped clock is accurate twice a day.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2012, 06:51:12 AM »
:Laughing_on_floor:  :thumbsup:

Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline miseralim

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2012, 10:03:17 AM »

Exactly!!! But what are the chances to face these "coincidences" twice in life?

Offline miseralim

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2012, 10:09:32 AM »
Take care mate ....

LOL~!! I think just coincidence la... and you probably read the wrong time in the middle of the night... or possible, you are in the INCEPTION~!!! faster spin your coin~  ;D

I should have a Japanese billionaire bankrolling me in this case. Where is my injured billionaire japanese!!!

Offline Scott C.

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2012, 10:21:52 AM »
Take care mate ....

I should have a Japanese billionaire bankrolling me in this case. Where is my injured billionaire japanese!!!

I think you are still down at 4th level... wake up mate :D

Offline miseralim

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2012, 10:31:12 AM »

I think you are still down at 4th level... wake up mate :D
[/quote]

Ya, I'm in a limbo... need to wake up!!!

Offline nayo

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2012, 04:27:36 PM »
Apologies for pouring cold water over your incidences. I would normally pooh pooh such happenings and put it down as coincidences.

Having said that, I had a similar encounter way back in Dec 1983. After finishing a late duty, I knocked off in the wee hours of the morning. Sometime in the night, my Citizen dual time digi-analog ( a hot watch those days ) beeped a couple of times. Stupid alarm I thought. Switched on the table lamp to find out the watch had just conked out. The digital display was blanked and the analog hands froze at 3ish in the morning and the table clock confirmed it as about that time. I was in a Holiday Inn hotel room. A dying watch battery coupled with the chill from the room aircon probably did the watch in methinks at that time.

So back to bed with the thought of having to change the battery later in the day hanging over me. My colleague rang and woke me up at tennish. Shucks, I overslept! Washed up and had a quickie bite with my colleague and mentioned about my disrupted sleep to him. But the watch was back to ticking away. Strangely though, the analog hands had moved about 2 hours ahead and the digital display, more logically, was behind by about 6 hours  if the battery had a second wind or charge.

I can't figure out the glitch till this day. But if that was an omen for an event about to happen, I'm glad the watch came alive again. I survived a serious accident that evening! In fact, all involved in the accident survived with the most minimal of injuries.

Was I, like the watch, granted a second chance?

Offline nayo

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2012, 04:44:45 PM »
Heck, I'm feeling spooked again!
Is the time setting in this forum on daylight savings? I distinctively remember posting an hour earlier than displayed.

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2012, 04:47:25 PM »
Godsend, sometimes message is there, so may be the message is there for you to pick up....
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Cloud7

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2012, 09:20:52 PM »
Apologies for pouring cold water over your incidences. I would normally pooh pooh such happenings and put it down as coincidences.

Having said that, I had a similar encounter way back in Dec 1983. After finishing a late duty, I knocked off in the wee hours of the morning. Sometime in the night, my Citizen dual time digi-analog ( a hot watch those days ) beeped a couple of times. Stupid alarm I thought. Switched on the table lamp to find out the watch had just conked out. The digital display was blanked and the analog hands froze at 3ish in the morning and the table clock confirmed it as about that time. I was in a Holiday Inn hotel room. A dying watch battery coupled with the chill from the room aircon probably did the watch in methinks at that time.

So back to bed with the thought of having to change the battery later in the day hanging over me. My colleague rang and woke me up at tennish. Shucks, I overslept! Washed up and had a quickie bite with my colleague and mentioned about my disrupted sleep to him. But the watch was back to ticking away. Strangely though, the analog hands had moved about 2 hours ahead and the digital display, more logically, was behind by about 6 hours  if the battery had a second wind or charge.

I can't figure out the glitch till this day. But if that was an omen for an event about to happen, I'm glad the watch came alive again. I survived a serious accident that evening! In fact, all involved in the accident survived with the most minimal of injuries.

yes  :Cheers:

Offline Cloud7

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2012, 09:21:52 PM »
Yesterday when i was doing my work in the living room, my girlfriend asked me to change the battery of the wall analog clock which has been dead for quite some time, so since i'm working on something, i didn't bother to change it.

So obviously she's angry about it and kept on whining... after about 20 minutes or so, i went to change the battery, after i replaced it, i look around for the time and find that its 5:51 pm on my iPad, so i went back and try to tune the clock to 5:51, here's the strange thing, the clock is already at 5.51 sharp!!! At any other time if i went to change the battery after she told me to, it wouldn't be 5.51, but I did went to replace it exactly at 5.51!!!

There's another really creepy story. I was at the mines wellness resort staying for a week there for a seminar. The first thing i realize on the digital clock in my room is that it was off by a mile, probably like few hours from the current time. The first night was faultless, i had a great sleep. But the second night was creepy, i woke up in the middle of the night, i looked at the clock, the shows 3.21, and i look at my mobile phone for a more accurate time, its 3.21 exactly!!! The clock was never accurate and I didn't ask for house keeping, so nobody could've touched the watch.

Creepy? or coincidence?

there's a girl ghost following you who likes to live in the timepieces near you?

Offline miseralim

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2012, 04:31:08 PM »

Creepy? or coincidence?

there's a girl ghost following you who likes to live in the timepieces near you?

Er... hope that's not the case, but i do feel funny before things happens, like when i was in the mines, i feel a cold breeze before i enter the room for the first time, and after that incident, i can't even sleep nomatter how tired i am.

I stay in a 3 storey house with my girlfriend, the ample space alone is creepy enough for me most of the days, so when that incident happened, I did freaked out but, not as much as i should be.

Offline miseralim

• Freshie
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2012, 04:32:55 PM »

I did have a very good streak of good luck since my first encounter though, that must've meant something.

Offline nayo

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2012, 05:10:35 PM »
Folks, don't get me wrong coz me just said I am feeling spooked.
No mention of encounters or such. I just could not come up with any logical explanation for the time discrepancy between the analog and digital display esp the analog hands having gained about 2 hours.
Still it was a miraculous escape for all of us that evening.