Author Topic: Ramblings Of A Seiko Fan  (Read 19208 times)

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
Re: Ramblings Of A Seiko Fan
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2011, 08:00:49 AM »
Hi guys. A new user here  ;) Am a new fans for watches and are looking for one Seiko too~Any recommendations on where i can get the best deal on Seiko 5 and Automatics? Appreciate your help  :thumbsup:

Just hop around different AD shop in most of the major shopping centre, you will get what you want, hunting and nego with AD is a fun process, dont waste it

Just my 31 cents
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2011, 08:03:17 AM »
Nice write up, so convienced that I went out and bought a seiko 5 - cheap, unassuming and durable.

To be honest I was 1 of those who sniggered at seiko grand's pricing.

To me seiko is targeted at the mass market and thus loses its 'snob appeal', I would not want to be wearing the same brand as my subordinate although I paid RM20k for my seiko grand while he paid RM350 for his seiko quartz.

That is the reason  luxury brands price their wares exorbitantly - the more expensive the more exclusive - snob appeal

Thank you for reading, chin.
There are other luxury series from Seiko, like Credo.
IMHO, If one is going for snob appeal, get those pricey and luxurious one.
My points on Seiko is that it can match with any of the Swiss watch manucfacturer in terms of producing in-house parts, R&D, can cater for mass-appeal as well as snob appeal.

Cheers.

Offline Erttks

« Reply #27 on: November 29, 2011, 10:40:39 PM »
 :thumbsup: totally agree :thumbsup:
i brought my first seiko watch with my first salary of my job... after 5 years later the watches still running in good conditions