Author Topic: Haagen writes about SIHH  (Read 3707 times)

Offline Angryrodent

Haagen writes about SIHH
« on: January 17, 2011, 07:13:57 PM »
what do you guys think of the green on green Rolex?
I actually kinda like it :)
http://www.worldtempus.com/en/news/top-news/detail/article/1295190854-luxury-watches-luxurious-once-again/

What watch (or brand) are you most exited about 2011?
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline danny

• Administrator
Re: Haagen writes about SIHH
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2011, 09:39:01 PM »
what do you guys think of the green on green Rolex?
I actually kinda like it :)
http://www.worldtempus.com/en/news/top-news/detail/article/1295190854-luxury-watches-luxurious-once-again/

What watch (or brand) are you most exited about 2011?

Hi Erik,
Interesting article. It's funny that the author seems to be lamenting about Chinese tourists splurging on luxury watches in Copenhagen.
Actually there was an article in Watchtime magazine describing the financial performance of different watch brands in one of the big luxury groups.
Analysis revealed that those brands with 10 or more boutiques in China did well and those with fewer than 10 boutiques actually lost money.
That says a lot about the purchasing power of the Chinese, without which there would probably be more unemployed watch makers in Switzerland.

As for 2011, I suppose most people are waiting to see what Basel has in store. I hope we don't see too many pieces tailor made for the Chinese market like Panerai's "Ah Fook" model.

:Cheers:

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2011, 06:56:28 AM »
I think Kristian loves that lots of Chinese come and buy watches. If not since the economy in europe has been bad loads of watch stores would've gone under...
He's a great dude (with horrible clothes taste) n a bunch of great watches...but i dun get his clothes...horrible...
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2011, 07:13:52 AM »
i, on the contrary, thinks he looks dapper ahhahah what's wrong with his clothes? looks like a cool dude...
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline zameenzahari

« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2011, 07:40:19 AM »
I think Kristian loves that lots of Chinese come and buy watches. If not since the economy in europe has been bad loads of watch stores would've gone under...
He's a great dude (with horrible clothes taste) n a bunch of great watches...but i dun get his clothes...horrible...

+1 on that..Haagen is def a great dude..as for his watches...anyone with a PAM203 in my books are too kool regardless of their fashion sense!
 ;D ;D ;D