Author Topic: Rolex Investment  (Read 7457 times)

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Freshie
Rolex Investment
« on: August 09, 2016, 09:42:59 AM »
Just think it is fascinating...enjoy.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nq7Q6VpCva8

Offline Jedirat

Re: Rolex Investment
« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2016, 01:05:35 PM »
The points make sense but I will never treat my watches as an investment. I bought watches because they appeared to me and I can afford to buy them, just that me.  :Cheers:

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2016, 01:54:35 PM »
To be successful in this particular game you need a tidy some of capital to buy a unique piece of horology and then have the fortitude to wait for years for the appreciation to kick in.

Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline AbbasHabshee

« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2016, 02:08:07 PM »
I just couldn't agree a Rolex/other luxury watch brands as an investment but the pirces of rolex kept on increasing year by year. I remember i bought a SubC 116610LN Brand new in 2013 for RM23.5k and sold it for RM24.5k ???

But i sincerely accept my watches as a fun/wearable assets rather than investments :)

Offline gchee

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2016, 03:22:50 PM »
You're better off putting your money in FD or investing it in business. Yes, brands like Rolex generally hold their values better than other brands I have to agree. Unless you plan to pass your Rolex to your son or grand children, the small profits just doesn't worth the time.

Offline Yoda

« Reply #5 on: August 13, 2016, 07:10:02 PM »
Yes agreed Rolex is one of a good investment
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline Dexter Morgan

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: August 15, 2016, 12:42:45 PM »
I think the purpose of the sharing is not to say that Rolex investment is better than those of stocks or even FD but as someone who is just learning about Rolex the brand i'm just fascinated by how good the watch can hold it's value. If one is looking for an heirloom watch i guess Rolex is really a no brainer. Cheers! :Cheers:

Offline Watchnut888

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2016, 09:16:17 PM »
For investment I believe Rolex should lead all the way especially Submariner 116610 as the price keep on increase year to year without dropping.  Apart from investment it is also a very iconic and present leadership status so enjoy mate  :thumbsup: :Cheers:

Offline turinbrakes

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: November 01, 2016, 02:29:13 PM »
It's gonna be for years before you can get back the price you paid for when you first bought it.

Offline DeepBlueSea

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2016, 11:48:11 AM »
i would say not the values of watch going up , rather the currency of Country going down

Offline gchee

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2016, 12:03:49 PM »
It's never an investment however it's the only watch that pays you to wear it. Prices will start to slowly  back up to what you paid for it after 5 years.  So keep your rolex sports model and wear it for atleast 5 years. Any shorter you'll have to loose some money.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Offline lovefoe

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2016, 01:56:07 PM »
Rolex prices keep going up. especially when RM keeps dropping

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #12 on: November 22, 2016, 05:46:00 AM »
Unless you got a Rolex Daytona back in the 70s when no one wanted it.... Apart from that.... Show me a new Rolex on the shelves that would appreciate so much in price? Don't think there are any. Market is flushed with people who own them.
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline theseira

« Reply #13 on: November 22, 2016, 06:22:21 AM »
Unless you got a Rolex Daytona back in the 70s when no one wanted it.... Apart from that.... Show me a new Rolex on the shelves that would appreciate so much in price? Don't think there are any. Market is flushed with people who own them.

Maybe a porcelain dial SS zenith movement Daytona. That one quite pricy for a modern piece. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Timeless

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 06:58:55 AM »
maybe if u got a Daytona Paul Newman model. Otherwise the value appreciation for common models may take some times though

Offline Ray55

• Freshie
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2017, 05:10:05 PM »
Rolex Sub is the best investment in watches so far, even after 20 years the value is still there you can't go wrong with it. :thumbsup:
RRAYY

Offline berdsc

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: July 09, 2017, 11:20:26 AM »
For investment it shall be Rolex.
Safest investment of all. If you just doubt of depreciation then invest pre owned you will definitely gain something in future.

Offline mongourou

« Reply #17 on: October 11, 2017, 04:39:17 PM »
Rolex Sub is the best investment in watches so far, even after 20 years the value is still there you can't go wrong with it. :thumbsup:
Hi, have you received my reply?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega - Tudor - Halios - Casio

Offline Yousifrexi

Rolex Investment
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 02:01:13 PM »
What is stopping you from buying foreign investment options? About 10 of my investments go into something that is foreign. That is always an open door that you can go down. Most of this stuff can be managed online anyways.
I recommend trying this forex expert advisor for independent business