Poll

Did Malaysia manufacture it's own brand of watches?

GOT
2 (18.2%)
NOPE
9 (81.8%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Author Topic: Did Malaysia manufacture it's own brand of watches?  (Read 19430 times)

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
Re: Did Malaysia manufacture it's own brand of watches?
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2010, 10:09:39 AM »
Be advise... It is marked as Swiss movement or Japan movement on the 6 o'clock just like on the pic. I'll try take some picture if I get the opportunity. Just like Sandoz which is either made in SG or HK. It is marked as Swiss Calibre or Swiss Movement... But the Titus... of course nothing mark on the dial.   ;)

Whether the US Sub is really a Malaysia's brand.... I also don't know.  ::) But the seller claim it is made in Malaysia. Maybe Malaysia just assemble it. I'll try get some more info about this brand.  :Cheers:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2010, 10:15:06 AM by duniajam »

Offline maximillian

« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2010, 06:13:53 PM »
aight ;) but it looks as like a homage to the tag ;p
musdus vult decipi ergo decipiatur.veritatem dies aperit.

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #27 on: November 20, 2010, 05:16:09 PM »

Got some opportunity to snap some picture of this brand. This model look very familiar to the Casio Edifice. I don't get any chance to snap other model on the display. This model is using a Japan movement (6 o'clock). They don't have the model that using the Swiss movement, so I can't show you. Need to go to other boutique...

The seller not sure where the brand is made of. But the seller is sure that the movement is Japan made. They got many models from RM50 to RM300+. I must say they copy many design from the other brand. Some model looks like a Swatch.. homage??? ???

This is what I mean. The model really look a like the Casio Edifice. The US Submarine sell for RM288 & the Casio sell for RM500-600+ (if I not mistaken)...
 :Cheers:

Offline sshark

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2010, 07:53:57 AM »
This reminds me of proton

Offline Broleo

« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2010, 08:49:12 AM »
 ;D ;D more like P2 AND proton...

hehehe

This reminds me of proton

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #30 on: November 26, 2010, 06:46:30 PM »
So since Bedat & Co has been sold to Luxury Concepts Watches and Jewellery Sdn Bhd, Do we consider Bedat & Co a Malaysian manufacture?

Offline duniajam

• Dunia Jam
« Reply #31 on: January 09, 2011, 02:08:41 PM »
I met one shop that sell the US Submarine a few weeks back. The info that I got is still the same. It is a Malaysian company brand. But now I manage to snap the pic of the watch with the Swiss movement.... The price is not really different between the one that using the Japan movement... which is I think a Miyota.

Not sure whether the info that I got is true or not. Because some seller did not know about it & some seem did not know there are 2 movements available for the watch.  ::) I think no body care about it...  ;D

:Cheers: