Author Topic: Breaking news : MAS MH17 crashed at Ukraine  (Read 3061 times)

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
Breaking news : MAS MH17 crashed at Ukraine
« on: July 17, 2014, 10:19:22 PM »
A friend from Europe called earlier the night to ask where I was. I was surprised by the urgency in his tone. He informed me that MAS MH17 that plied the Amsterdam-KL-Jakarta route crashed at Ukraine near the Russian border. He was concerned as my FB showed that I sometimes travel vide that MAS.

I searched the Net and saw no such news, so I thought he got it wrong. Later heard from Astro Awani that a MAS plane ferrying 295 passengers and crew, was shot down at Ukraine. Not much details on the incident as yet- there should be more info vide news come morning.

What a tragedy! Hope there were survivors, however low the odds were...  :Praying:
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Breaking news : MAS MH17 crashed at Ukraine
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2014, 07:47:30 AM »
2014 is really a bad year for MAS and Malaysia as a whole.
 :Blue: :Blue:

Offline contender

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2014, 11:30:55 AM »
Well it is really unfortunate for MAS to have lost 2 planes within such a short period, guess this time they were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

But I wonder why MAS is still flying through the route while many airlines have stayed clear from the route months ago ? To save cost/fuel since it is shorter route ?

Looks like Malaysia's glorious days are over ..... decades of incompetence and mediocre is starting to haunt us. I may be wrong ....  :-X

Offline tagger

• Freshie
« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2014, 04:59:42 PM »
After all... RIP

Offline dpkong

« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2014, 09:53:58 PM »
Well it is really unfortunate for MAS to have lost 2 planes within such a short period, guess this time they were at the wrong place at the wrong time.

But I wonder why MAS is still flying through the route while many airlines have stayed clear from the route months ago ? To save cost/fuel since it is shorter route ?

Looks like Malaysia's glorious days are over ..... decades of incompetence and mediocre is starting to haunt us. I may be wrong ....  :-X

Don't believe everything you hear. Most airlines only sent out the order to divert aircraft after MH17 was shot down.

Offline haaha

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2014, 05:05:48 PM »
The path actually safe and it's not restricted airspace. Planes must fly over 32000 ft I hear. MH17 fly 33000 ft but being shot down because the flight is a bit same with Putin's private aircraft I believe... :Blue:
It's very sad.. 290++ innocent lives lose...  :'( :'( :'(
I watched Final Destination movie a lot and this incident actually scares me...

Offline siokae0422

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2014, 11:57:33 PM »
Rest in peace ......

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2014, 04:13:24 PM »
now another plane lost contact / missing

an algeria plane reported lost contact after 50mins take off