Author Topic: Enicar Sherpa Ultradive & Sherpa OPS  (Read 10919 times)

Offline rainbowfix

Enicar Sherpa Ultradive & Sherpa OPS
« on: April 05, 2014, 01:18:35 PM »
A little info on the Brothers:
Quite rare to see any Enicar on this forum, so just want to contribute a bit.
First off, Enicar IMHO produced a lot of great looking vintage watches  (not New Enicars) such as their Sherpa line of watches. Below are two of them.
Enicar Sherpa ultradive & Sherpa OPS.

Shared the same super compressor case by EPSA. (Super compressor will have a – Brevet + 314962 – stamped to the backcase) both have the same look and the odd chunk of steel between 2 crowns. Other Enicar divers will not have these. The purpose of this chunk of steel is to avoid seaweed being entangled between the 2 crowns.

Size is 40mm excluding crown, 43mm including the steel chunk. All stainless steel with big dome armored Crystal.

Automatic with date movement – I assume in house Enicar movement cal.1144 (as stamped on the backcase: 144/35/03). Date in RED for easy reading.

Big fat lugs

Very wearable n comfortable, no problem as every day watch, nicely designed… Especially for watches from the late 60s/70s…. in short very good looking.

Extra : the Ultradive have 2 marshmallow on the second hand. ENICAR is actually anagram from the founder ‘s family name : The RACINE family. Sherpa OPS – the ‘OPS’ might come from military inspired OPERATIONS, and thus the black PVD?.

Other Pics :

Offline superken182

Re: Enicar Sherpa Ultradive & Sherpa OPS
« Reply #1 on: April 07, 2014, 02:48:46 PM »
hey rainbowfix, you have a fantastic Enicar bro!
the OPS orange second hand is just cool match with the mat black case and dial!
Now i know whats the purpose of the chunk of steel!
Brilliant design!

<<ENICAR is actually anagram from the founder ‘s family name : The RACINE family. Sherpa OPS – the ‘OPS’ might come from military inspired OPERATIONS, and thus the black PVD?. >>
// you did a lot of research bro! As i know they also own a lume factory, and yes, in early age, they have their in-house movement. This make the watch to valuble as there is no many IHM in old days.

I have a Enicar Star Jewels, bought from Ebay in quite a reasonable price. Do you have any historic info on it?
It cased 34mm and fit just nice on my slim hand.
Handwind and time is keeping good.
And again the second hand with a red dot! just can't help myself to stop take another glance on it ;D 

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2014, 04:56:19 PM »
Hi superken182,
Thanks for the kind words. Took me some time to get both... another 2 more incoming. ... :laugh: a real under the radar vintage...
As for your enicar, lovely dress watch... the round nice lume dots are great.... you might find more of your watch info over here... just beware of Enicar poison a plenty over here. ...
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/joy-collecting-vintage-enicar-watches-726015.html
Enjoy! :Cheers:

Offline Yoda

« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2014, 06:23:05 PM »
Thanks for sharing rainbowfix.

That's a good review.

I like the PVD one its very unique.

Wear in good health brother

:Cheers:
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline superken182

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2014, 01:18:54 AM »
Hi superken182,
Thanks for the kind words. Took me some time to get both... another 2 more incoming. ... :laugh: a real under the radar vintage...
As for your enicar, lovely dress watch... the round nice lume dots are great.... you might find more of your watch info over here... just beware of Enicar poison a plenty over here. ...
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f11/joy-collecting-vintage-enicar-watches-726015.html
Enjoy! :Cheers:

GOSH, thx for sharing! !!! there are 53 pages in the forum!! i will hunt some time in the office to read thru it everyday ...hihi  ;D

When are your another 2 arrive? Please post it have a look! thx

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2014, 08:41:04 AM »
@Yoda n @superken182 thanks. Will post when the other 2 sherpas are here! :Cheers:

Offline watzisname

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2014, 07:51:23 AM »
haha, I saw the WUS post. Really poisonous I dare not read further. Makes me itch for a super compressor watch

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2014, 06:37:46 PM »
haha, I saw the WUS post. Really poisonous I dare not read further. Makes me itch for a super compressor watch
Speaking of super compressors... this is a good read.. if you are a watch nerd... :laugh:
http://wornandwound.com/2014/03/24/guide-super-compressors/

Offline watzisname

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2014, 03:11:39 PM »
Speaking of super compressors... this is a good read.. if you are a watch nerd... :laugh:

Yup , read that too haha

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2014, 08:00:19 AM »

Yup , read that too haha
Then confirmed you are a watch nerd... :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline watzisname

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2014, 03:34:04 PM »

::) :Cheers:
Yup , read that too haha
Then confirmed you are a watch nerd... :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline rainbowfix

« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2014, 12:56:08 PM »
Another Sherpa OPS with different execution.  Different dial sign n lume. Date is black ( quite uncommon). Surprisingly no ding on a well worn pvd case...  ex owner was working in the gem mine industry as told by the son.... bet this watch has seen many rubies n sapphires. .. enjoy the pics: