Author Topic: Lexus CT200h or Golf TSI ?  (Read 46010 times)

Offline Alvin-8880

Re: Lexus CT200h or Golf TSI ?
« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2011, 02:16:00 PM »
Sid, my bad, you are right, married with kids should not behave like that. But my camera need the chic attention, since I carry it, so I have no choice but to follow  ;D

So far on Sunday

1) Siodee
2) Omnipotent

siapa lagi???

ack...sorry la siodee...i tot you meant saturday. :D

So it should be like this....

Saturday:-
1) Omnipotent
2) Alvin C.

Sunday:-
1) Siodee
2) Alvin C.

Offline siodee

• lalala..la..lalala....lala...lalalalala
« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2011, 03:02:10 PM »
Hmmm, seem like we have 2 different sessions for the same event, Das auto show

Alvin really give face, attend 2 different days  :thumbsup:

I will create this Das Auto GTG at the GTG session, btw, I know what to wear for this German auto show, "Das Watch"
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.
Explore... Dream... Discover..." - Mark Twain

Offline Hoegaarden

« Reply #27 on: September 09, 2011, 08:18:07 AM »
I choose golf because VW give 5 years warranty with unlimited mileage.  :Cheers:

Offline jagjag

« Reply #28 on: September 09, 2011, 12:21:55 PM »
Straight forward -
Family man - Lexus, give u comfort and spacious enuf and environmental friendly..
Single or normally travel alone - Golf, more power, good handling, more cool etc..
For me - I'm a family man + environmental friendly ( = GOOD MAN ) lol..so it's Lexus

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #29 on: September 09, 2011, 02:33:31 PM »
Lexus for me - as it states my view about the protection of the enviroment. However, my financial training dictates that i should go for the VW. The cost of the Lexus has been inflated by the technology used. Taking into consideration depreciation etc, VW wins. :Confused:
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline Alexl

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2011, 12:02:32 PM »
Golf tsi would no doubt be more fun to drive. Ct200h however would be more of a novelty as there's not many on the road. Why not you consider getting both?  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline siodee

« Reply #31 on: September 13, 2011, 11:13:38 AM »
So Alvin, you decided already? after the VW show?

P/S : I still go with Lexus to save the Earth
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails.

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2011, 05:36:24 PM »
Yes, I have booked the CT200h but it will only arrived by Nov'11.

My reason :
- The look strikes me at 1st sight. Golf looks too simple for me though it has been my dream car.
- Lexus looks more "business" than Golf, I'm a sales personnel, it suits my job.
- I'm driving an old 325i (E36), though a fun car but too much maintenance for our weather. I strongly believe Japanese cars are more reliable in tropical weather.

However, if there is a better choice, say, new Camry launched earlier than expected, delay in delivery or cancellation of duty exemption etc., I might cancel the order & loose RM 1k deposit (refund 90%).

I suspect with the intro of Proton Hybrid today, Govt might protect local hybrid & impose duty again on imported Hybrid.

Anyway, the time will tell if my decision was right...

Offline gapper

• allen's posterous
« Reply #33 on: September 16, 2011, 04:00:06 PM »
look and distinction --> Lexus wins all hand down!

recently... too many golfs (be it mark 5/6 or tsi) on the road in klang valley....

congras. on ur new car! i want the is250 too!

Offline Sid Vicious

« Reply #34 on: September 17, 2011, 04:00:33 AM »
Congrats Alvin

We got the Golf as you would imagine although I have never driven it  :Laughing_on_floor:, the missus says that it rocks and being in sales too, she gets from A to B rather fast (although, I try not to hear that bit  :Confused:)

Good luck with the wait and tell us how it goes...I did try the Lexus too but we decided on the Golf...very posh and plush interiors Lexus  :thumbsup:
"You have enemies? Good! That means you stood up for something, sometime in your life."
Sir Winston Churchill

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2011, 06:50:58 PM »
Thx Gapper & Sid.

IS250 is cool too according to my friend. It shares many Toyota parts in the engine bay, which is good. The key differences are better materials, design, refinement & built it has over Toyota interior & exterior.

No doubt Germany cars are great, but after owing my 325i for 10 years, I have started to appreciate Japanese reliability long ago. The high temperature & pressure (hence better performance) applied on Germany engines is the killer in tropical weather.   

Offline peanut

« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2011, 08:58:03 AM »
I have been owning bimmers as long as I can remember.  May be it was true donkeys years ago but it is not true now or even 10 years ago.  I don't buy the German cars not suitable for tropical weather nonsense.  Nowadays all the cars are manufactured for global market.  The difference is German cars may be more performance oriented than Japanese cars at the same price point.  I can tell you that the GTR and Evo are also not cheap to maintain!

Lexus is known for reliability and well engineered.  But unless you go for the high end Lexus, the driving experience is still not the same as bimmers.

Offline siodee

« Reply #37 on: September 23, 2011, 11:09:24 AM »
Thx Gapper & Sid.

IS250 is cool too according to my friend. It shares many Toyota parts in the engine bay, which is good. The key differences are better materials, design, refinement & built it has over Toyota interior & exterior.

No doubt Germany cars are great, but after owing my 325i for 10 years, I have started to appreciate Japanese reliability long ago. The high temperature & pressure (hence better performance) applied on Germany engines is the killer in tropical weather.   

Good choice  :thumbsup: finally down to Lexus, that also prove that you are family man, according to one of the MWF member here,  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2011, 12:30:07 PM »
Congrats for making your mind on the Lexus.
It is environmental friendly too.  :thumbsup:

Offline kakashi...

« Reply #39 on: October 06, 2011, 12:38:37 PM »
Great, i vote for the ct200h over golf tsi anytime unless the big brother - GTI...

so u getting the ct200h normal or luxury?

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #40 on: October 07, 2011, 05:36:56 PM »
Just the Standard version. Luxury version at 200k will confuse me more as there are even more choices for that much of money.  ;D

Consumers are spoilt for choices nowadays.

Offline siodee

« Reply #41 on: October 10, 2011, 08:34:50 AM »
Just the Standard version. Luxury version at 200k will confuse me more as there are even more choices for that much of money.  ;D

Consumers are spoilt for choices nowadays.

Yup, save the money for new watches, after all, members here are mostly WIS and not CM  ;D

Offline GeekinE90

« Reply #42 on: October 12, 2011, 03:38:50 PM »
Good choice.  Not paying the govt excise and import duties for cars is a rare privilege for Malaysians.  Use this benefit kau kau while you can.

Offline CYMAboy

« Reply #43 on: November 23, 2011, 09:15:56 PM »
Bro, these are 2 different segments of car. Hybrid vs non-hybrid, unless compare apple to apple isn't it. Just my 2 cents, ct200h looks gorgeous with better electronic technology. But if power, of Coz I'll say VW will likely to have better performance.

Offline duke916sps

« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2011, 08:15:25 AM »
Wife had a golf, utter unrealiable, switch to a volvo, same crap, finally took the lexus Ct 200, piece of mind .....

Offline Samajaya168

• ^_^
« Reply #45 on: December 10, 2011, 04:37:23 PM »
congrates!  :thumbsup:

i almost bought this 1 myself but i cant let go the speed & power  :Cheers:
AP - 15710
ROLEX - 116710
FM - GPG 9900
PANERAI - PAM 00000
CHOPARD - 168457-3005
ZENITH - 03.2430.3000/21.C738
SINN - Art-Nr. 1020.040
TISSOT - T066.427.17.047.00
OMEGA - 1513.30.00 (TRADED)
IWC -  IW500703 (TRADED)

Offline azzamov

« Reply #46 on: December 11, 2011, 03:26:32 PM »
If not mistaken, the CT200H normal have less convenience features/gadgets as compare to tsi though...namely auto rain sensor, bi-xenon light, auto-flip side mirrors, etc...

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #47 on: December 11, 2011, 04:26:20 PM »
u are right, I just taken my baby Lexus and find the lack of auto-flip side mirrors is really a pain, as the side mirrors are quite protruding. Whereas the rain sensor & xenon lights are not so important to me.

Offline ehfoo1976

« Reply #48 on: December 17, 2011, 09:12:40 PM »
Will go for Lexus for it's Technology. Hybrid and style really impress me!

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: December 18, 2011, 03:59:00 PM »
Any discount on lexus?

Golf tsi with great discount now...
The jetta is the one that shd b compare with this lexus