Author Topic: To buy or to rent a house for own stay?  (Read 7704 times)

Offline Salience

Re: To buy or to rent a house for own stay?
« Reply #25 on: May 15, 2018, 11:57:42 PM »
the basics is - do you have money/ savings in hand? if you do and you can maintain a property, buy a property. if not, rent cheap and save to buy one or just buy a property even further and save to buy a more expensive/bigger/ better location one.

basics.

Offline Brandon Khoo

« Reply #26 on: May 18, 2018, 08:40:16 PM »
To start a family, definitely owning a house would be more sensible to me.

However there is nothing wrong to rent until you have enough research and funds to get a house which you really like.

Getting a house requires lots of research and study towards its location and would be good if you could get a tip on potential developements nearby.

Make sure to choose properly.
Like what my dad always say, it is not like "buying a pack of fried bihun, but rather years of financial commitment and sacrifice"

Make a decision you would not regret.

I am just like you, a young profesional of a family of 3.
I just got a house recently and i took into account

1.Location
-I prefer somewhere central with lots of shops nearby
-a better neighbourhood with security
-a place where there is potential developement which could impact the price such as high speed rail

2.Price
-i wouldnt advice to commit more than what you could afford as this may take up to 35 years of installment.
-make sure to do a proper calculation on your monthly expenses, keep some cash for rainy days as well

I am definitely no expert and i do not have any experience in buying a property prior however i hope this helps in your decision making
« Last Edit: May 18, 2018, 08:43:48 PM by Brandon Khoo »

Offline Salience

« Reply #27 on: May 21, 2018, 06:18:00 PM »
some people believe that a house can be used to hedge inflation. in most cases it does- at the risk of liquidity. if you can get more gains with cash in hand - why not?

Offline Chris

• Freshie
« Reply #28 on: July 16, 2018, 09:27:11 AM »
rent first, buy later. nothing wrong with renting one and starts a family and get one when you have the money.

Offline tanandtan

« Reply #29 on: July 18, 2018, 12:30:06 AM »
Buy to wait don’t wait to buy

Offline wateveritis

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: August 01, 2018, 02:16:11 PM »
Buy to wait don’t wait to buy

just curious, buy to wait for what? no harm renting if can't afford to buy. 

Offline tayman

• Freshie
« Reply #31 on: September 05, 2018, 08:41:20 AM »
Buy when you are ready. Imo, first house is always for you to set up a family later on. I got some friends that buy their 1st house to rent in some hot places. However, in meantime, they are renting in other places. Thus, I am not sure why they bought the house at first place.

well for me, i bought my first house which is near to my workplace, my in-laws place. It is quite ulu at Puncak Alam.

Offline Richie Richs

• Freshie
« Reply #32 on: October 09, 2018, 07:39:43 PM »
the basics is - do you have money/ savings in hand? if you do and you can maintain a property, buy a property. if not, rent cheap and save to buy one or just buy a property even further and save to buy a more expensive/bigger/ better location one.

basics.

Agree with this, also don't rush into buying a house as there is a lot to look into.