Author Topic: Rolex prices are getting exorbitant these 1-2 yrs  (Read 1722 times)

Offline budakkacamata

• Freshie
Re: Rolex prices are getting exorbitant these 1-2 yrs
« Reply #25 on: June 17, 2019, 08:14:42 PM »

First time I've seen signs in Rolex ADs that certain watches are tagged "NOT FOR SALE. For Display Purpose Only"

It's a sales outlet, not a museum. Strangely, ROLEX themselves are not doing anything about it which means they condone the practice. Shame on them. Time to look at other brands.

And the fact that ADs have practically none of the sports watches but grey dealers have shelves filled with them goes to show the co-operation between ADs and grey dealers to rake in profits on premiums. Again, no action from ROLEX.

we share the same notion. I am sure Rolex are aware of this practice (chrono24), but no action taken. I am fine with used watches to be sold at a premium (for whatever reason), but having new Rolex in grey market meaning there is a loophole in the supply chain.  :thumbsdown:

On a side note, a friend of mine bought a submariner from AD, at the price of loyalty with some PP and DJ.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2019, 10:37:40 PM by budakkacamata »

Offline watchpassion

« Reply #26 on: June 17, 2019, 08:21:02 PM »
Their marketing strategy has been very successful and has attracted many people to the brand who know nothing about watchmaking. Rolex has become a status symbol as well as a good watch. They also restrict supply on desirable models to create a robust secondary market. These tactics and the high demand for the brand make Rolex to hold its value over time.

Offline strike961

« Reply #27 on: June 17, 2019, 10:45:28 PM »
The rise of the price has been ridiculous, nevertheless willing seller and willing buyer. A new subdate can reach RM45-50k now.

that's quite high. how bout used one?