Author Topic: Sinn fans...any?  (Read 38995 times)

Offline compaq

• Freshie
Sinn fans...any?
« on: November 02, 2011, 05:35:16 PM »
any Sinn fans here?
mind to share some Good and Bad experiences on the watch or Dealers?

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
Re: Sinn fans...any?
« Reply #1 on: November 02, 2011, 07:19:04 PM »
I having sinn 657, good watch as it is very legible and very perfect watch size for me. Just dont like the bracelet that cant be sized to my wrist....  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I bought it 2nd from someone so cant comment much abt ad.

Offline dennis.T

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 02, 2011, 07:46:42 PM »
I own a u2 sdr full tegimented.. Very solid watch and good resistant to scratchess..

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #3 on: November 02, 2011, 08:27:13 PM »
Am a fan of Sinn particularly the U1 and the 857 but due to my procrastination, i missed the chance to obtain it when it was cheaper and only due to my pride that i am refraining from purchasing one new today. Maybe will do so if a pre-owned one shows up.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline acurusaragon

« Reply #4 on: November 02, 2011, 09:08:55 PM »
I owned a U2S ... all black tegimented and  a very rare EZM 1 Limited Edition ..

Both watches are super class  :thumbsup:

Offline roboshar

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: November 02, 2011, 09:29:05 PM »
I have a U1 but the love is fading since I got my black DA36. The Damasko is a lot more comfortable for daily wear (Maybe I need the change the steel bracelet on my U1). The weight is really putting me off. Other than that I think it's a cool watch

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #6 on: November 02, 2011, 10:23:03 PM »
I have a love/hate relationship with my 857s.

Love the look and feel of the watch but hate the weight and less than perfect build quality. But everytime I leave it at home, I'll start to miss it. It's a b-day present from the wife couple of years ago.

On Grey PVD Nato

« Last Edit: November 02, 2011, 10:34:23 PM by terrenceterrence »
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 03, 2011, 07:15:26 AM »
I have a love/hate relationship with my 857s.

Love the look and feel of the watch but hate the weight and less than perfect build quality. But everytime I leave it at home, I'll start to miss it. It's a b-day present from the wife couple of years ago.

On Grey PVD Nato

terrenceterrence,

Now that is a nice looking Sinn. Any lume shot? Another watch on the list I think....... ;D

Offline compaq

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: November 03, 2011, 07:56:54 AM »
Owned a ST103 since new from THG, my experiences
1- the main crown thread worn off during warranty. free service of course
2- the bezel came while swimming. luckily found it back at the shallow end of the pool. got it done free even after warranty
3! -the chrono cap screw-in crown at 2 o'clock came off ! exposing the tiny spring and pin to activate the stop-clock,and the main crown thread gave way again,it only takes a bout 3 turns to tighthen,when usually 5turns or more. send emails to THG & Sinn Germany. Sinn replied and request to send back to them in Germany, total cost about RM$1500.00 including parts changed on movement,service etc... Forgotten if they charge me for the chrono button. All parts changed were given back to me.
After doing some search in the web,i read some Sinn owner having such experiences too !
Imagine changing the Main screw-in crown tube twice..where some of my other watches with screw-in crown never have such problems

Having said that,i am having second thoughts on buying the long admired U1...which i find it encase in a very tough material which is good for rough use..

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #9 on: November 03, 2011, 08:34:29 AM »
Owned a Sinn U1 SDR but sold it off.
Tough and huge watch... not really ngam for my pencil wrists...
Between Sinn and Damasko, I would very much prefer Damasko.
Still waiting for the new models to be available though...

Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline David_cheong

« Reply #10 on: November 03, 2011, 09:18:20 AM »
Compaq - some experiences you have there. And sinn watches are supposed to be tough.

Thanks for sharing...

dc
I am almost a recovered watchaholic, but last checked shows only 70% recovered. How?

Offline ckng515

• Merchants
    • WISparadise
« Reply #11 on: November 03, 2011, 11:10:18 AM »
It's a tough watch which can use as daily beater.
One of the best rubber strap, very comfy, but dust will very easily stick on the strap.
And the AR coating on the crystal is awesome!
opps forgot to mention..I own a Sinn U1.

cheers,
ck
For More Updates please visit my online store at:
https://www.facebook.com/wisparadise

Offline putokia

« Reply #12 on: November 03, 2011, 11:37:55 AM »
One of the best rubber strap, very comfy, but dust will very easily stick on the strap.

cheers,
ck

rasa sayang hotel penang?

Offline compaq

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: November 03, 2011, 12:06:51 PM »
Compaq - some experiences you have there. And sinn watches are supposed to be tough.

Thanks for sharing...

dc

Well Dav, you don't hear this from the dealers when they are selling this brand. Once i was checking out a Glycine in one of the showroom in KL, and i pointed out to the sales person the crown has a lot of side movement and also very loose ! ...Guess what he told me, Thats what you pay for ! Direct Chinese translation " pay 1cents worth from 1cent of Goods "  :Laughing_on_floor:

If you hang out at the showroom for long you will hear all kinds of S#*t and customers complains.. I still remember recently,a customer complain her 2week old Rolex only have power reserve less than half a day,if not worn,and she use to wear it like alternate day ! Insist they replace a new watch ! And the story goes on...... :Scolding:

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #14 on: November 03, 2011, 12:11:43 PM »
Quote from: TheHobbit link=topic=4278.msg45083#msg45083
terrenceterrence,

Now that is a nice looking Sinn. Any lume shot? Another watch on the list I think....... ;D

Not as good as. A seiko. Dirty lume I would say. Does not glow that even. But the contrast of white to black makes up for it. Highly legible at a glance and in dark conditions.

Offline TheHobbit

• Global Moderator
« Reply #15 on: November 04, 2011, 06:58:25 PM »
Quote from: TheHobbit link=topic=4278.msg45083#msg45083
terrenceterrence,

Not as good as. A seiko. Dirty lume I would say. Does not glow that even. But the contrast of white to black makes up for it. Highly legible at a glance and in dark conditions.

Does not matter as long as the watch looks good.

Offline ckng515

• Merchants
    • WISparadise
« Reply #16 on: November 04, 2011, 07:50:07 PM »

cheers,
ck

rasa sayang hotel penang?

Hi PTK,
yes, it was taken at rasa sayang resort Pg.

cheers,
ck
For More Updates please visit my online store at:
https://www.facebook.com/wisparadise

Offline davidtth

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2011, 03:01:20 PM »
wonder where can buy Sinn watch in Msia, i mean real good price...  :P

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2011, 08:31:47 AM »
My experience with Sinn is a little mixed. I bought a 356 chronograph in 2004. The watch worked fine for a few months, then it went dead. Just wouldn't move even when manually wound. I sent it back to the AD who sent it to Sinn's service centre (can't remember where, maybe Singapore). I got the watch back about 2 months later....I wore the watch off and on for a few years, then it went dead again!!!! This time I sent it to my usual watch repair fellow, told me some parts were not assembled properly and the mainspring went bust. Repaired for about RM 200 I think. So much for German precision and quality. After a while, I traded the watch (on SCWF) for a Seiko Alpnist.

Despite the bad experience with the 356, I bought a 656 this year. I got the one on leather strap. Quite a semi-heavy watch. My daily wearer, very legible, comfortable to wear. Accuracy wise, when I first bought it, it was running pretty accurately (within COSC range, despite not having a COSC rated movement!!!), but after a few months, it began to run fast (about 10-12 sec a day). I have no problem with that. Sinn 656 is very legible, but don't count on the lume. But I notice there are small traces of rust around the rim of the back-case lately. I opened the back case and cleaned it myself. Maybe I sweat a lot......

I could be wrong, but I think there is only 1 AD in Malaysia rights? Outlets in Gardens (I bought my 656 there), Lot 10 (got my 356 there)....... I guess you should know which shop i am referring to..

My advice??.......buy and enjoy the watch, but don't expect too much.

Good luck.

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2011, 04:33:17 PM »
Exactly! Think Sinn is getting too big for their own good. Time for them to refocus on their priorities

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2011, 05:43:05 PM »
another alternative is damasko watch. Not bad watch eh not to mention awsome case tech

Offline compaq

• Freshie
« Reply #21 on: November 11, 2011, 02:02:46 PM »
My experience with Sinn is a little mixed. I bought a 356 chronograph in 2004. The watch worked fine for a few months, then it went dead. Just wouldn't move even when manually wound. I sent it back to the AD who sent it to Sinn's service centre (can't remember where, maybe Singapore). I got the watch back about 2 months later....I wore the watch off and on for a few years, then it went dead again!!!! This time I sent it to my usual watch repair fellow, told me some parts were not assembled properly and the mainspring went bust. Repaired for about RM 200 I think. So much for German precision and quality. After a while, I traded the watch (on SCWF) for a Seiko Alpnist.

Despite the bad experience with the 356, I bought a 656 this year. I got the one on leather strap. Quite a semi-heavy watch. My daily wearer, very legible, comfortable to wear. Accuracy wise, when I first bought it, it was running pretty accurately (within COSC range, despite not having a COSC rated movement!!!), but after a few months, it began to run fast (about 10-12 sec a day). I have no problem with that. Sinn 656 is very legible, but don't count on the lume. But I notice there are small traces of rust around the rim of the back-case lately. I opened the back case and cleaned it myself. Maybe I sweat a lot......

I could be wrong, but I think there is only 1 AD in Malaysia rights? Outlets in Gardens (I bought my 656 there), Lot 10 (got my 356 there)....... I guess you should know which shop i am referring to..

Good luck.

THG should highlight problems to SINN, i have read soem SINN owners having problems with theirs too. Why waste money on advertisement when they can't take care of existing watch owners?
If fact the SINN Club here is only interested on launching new products and generating more sales... 

Offline Gigi

• Global Moderator
« Reply #22 on: November 11, 2011, 02:50:37 PM »

Good luck.

THG should highlight problems to SINN, i have read soem SINN owners having problems with theirs too. Why waste money on advertisement when they can't take care of existing watch owners?
If fact the SINN Club here is only interested on launching new products and generating more sales...

Sinn club? here? Do you mean in malaysia or singapore? I do know SG have sinn club & had large following there.

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2011, 03:05:10 PM »
Sinn club? here? Do you mean in malaysia or singapore? I do know SG have sinn club & had large following there.

Singapore Sinn clubbers? They must be known as "Sinners".  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2011, 03:57:41 PM »
I think we could be referring to Sinn Club South East Asia, based (yes) in Singapore. I am not a member. And yes, I know there are some hardcore Sinn lovers out there. They proudly call themselves "Sinners". You can find some other relatively active fora like Timezone.com.

To me, one of the most attractive Sinn is probably the 857. But my former colleague (who owned one) told me the bezel insert / bezel itself may get scratched and even "ding-ed" quite easily. That's why I settled for a 656 even though there was an 857 in the shop when I purchased the 656.