Author Topic: Omega Speedmaster Hodinkee 10th Anniversary LE  (Read 5626 times)

Offline phantom99

• Freshie
Omega Speedmaster Hodinkee 10th Anniversary LE
« on: September 05, 2018, 09:54:43 PM »
OMG, another Speedy LE nodding to the MK40. 500pcs only!

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
Re: Omega Speedmaster Hodinkee 10th Anniversary LE
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2018, 03:57:18 AM »
Meh to me. Dial is too busy to my liking.
On MK40, the blue indicate day. The same blue is meaningless on this LE.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline bimmerman

• Dating for unattached relationships
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 06:10:15 AM »
A little lost for words on this one but if my life depended on providing 3 words it'll have to be eeeeeeks! Yikes! and Meh!

OK OK those aren't really words but I'm really at a loss here. What was Omega thinking?

My apologies to those who actually like this. To each his own but to me it's more than a no.

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2018, 07:45:41 AM »
Well, Ben's road towards Hodinkee was largely inspired by his grandpa's MK40 that was given to him when he was 16th and he in turn, popularised the Speedy in many write-ups. So it would seemed natural that he would wish to have a collaboration with Omega for a 10th anniv LE for Hodinkee. Note the yellow paint on the chrono hand.

Robert of Fratello coined the "Speedy Tuesday" reference in 2012, when he blogged about his Speedy on a Tuesday entry and the nick caught on. So could we be expecting a LE in 2022 for the 10th anniv of the nick, Omega?  ;D
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline phantom99

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2018, 09:43:35 AM »
I actually owned a MK40 but traded off not long ago. I do liked the colour combo. The original MK40 was based on the flightmaster watch. I think the new watch will need to take some time to settle in my eyes.

Offline freefighter

« Reply #5 on: September 20, 2018, 08:44:46 AM »
I think what I found most interesting about this series is the fact that Ben has managed to make it to a place in the watch world where Omega would be agreeable to create a limited run series Speedmaster to honour his website. I think that's a great recognition for Hodinkee (more so when they aren't even an AD unlike Fratello and their SpeedyTuesday!)

Well, Ben's road towards Hodinkee was largely inspired by his grandpa's MK40 that was given to him when he was 16th and he in turn, popularised the Speedy in many write-ups. So it would seemed natural that he would wish to have a collaboration with Omega for a 10th anniv LE for Hodinkee. Note the yellow paint on the chrono hand.

Robert of Fratello coined the "Speedy Tuesday" reference in 2012, when he blogged about his Speedy on a Tuesday entry and the nick caught on. So could we be expecting a LE in 2022 for the 10th anniv of the nick, Omega?  ;D

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2018, 09:03:48 AM »
(more so when they aren't even an AD unlike Fratello and their SpeedyTuesday!)
Fratello is not an AD

Offline freefighter

« Reply #7 on: September 20, 2018, 09:38:55 AM »
I stand corrected. Thanks ck77! That does change my original perspective somewhat.

(more so when they aren't even an AD unlike Fratello and their SpeedyTuesday!)
Fratello is not an AD

Offline Chris Yap

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: September 20, 2018, 06:06:20 PM »
It seemed to be very popular because I went to Hodinkee’s website to check it out, it’s already sold out.