Author Topic: Which one is better Tudor or Rolex  (Read 21474 times)

Offline ML

• Freshie
Which one is better Tudor or Rolex
« on: January 28, 2018, 11:20:48 AM »
Which one is better Tudor or Rolex

Offline stnet

• Freshie
Re: Which one is better Tudor or Rolex
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 04:54:44 PM »
This is like asking is Toyota or Lexus better?

Offline Teikfun

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 05:21:40 PM »
You’ll know when come to resell ...

Offline Cocas

« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2018, 07:12:47 PM »
This is like asking is Toyota or Lexus better?

Both can you from point A to point B safely. But the passenger will be delighted for extra comfort , classy , and luxury from Lexus.

Offline Yoda

« Reply #4 on: January 28, 2018, 07:56:21 PM »
Are you referring to value for money?

Rolex price though is high may not be value for money. Tudor could have better chance of price uptrend, perhaps undervalue now.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 07:58:19 PM by Yoda »
"Train Yourself To Let Go Of Everything you Fear To Lose"

"The Fear Of Loss Is A Path To The Dark Side"

Yoda

Offline superduke

« Reply #5 on: January 28, 2018, 09:18:08 PM »
Have owned both Tudor & Rolex....Just love both of them......All brand also have the style of their own.....Watches can't compared to car in details/functionality.....Just buy which caught your eyes & you like it ...most importantly meet your budget.....Always be your own style & follow your heart will do....

Offline dexson

« Reply #6 on: January 28, 2018, 09:47:20 PM »
For me Rolex is going down the safe and proven road.. in terms of design & tech such as materials, designs etc..

Tudor for me is more like an experimental platform for Rolex.. by no means in a bad way... they experiment on materials & built structure & design ... (its in line with their tagline : Born to dare)

Rolex has its proven resale value & tudor will give you features that are bang for your buck & top notch quality ! Example is their Pelagos with titanium case & bracelet.. ceramic bezel.. in house robust movement... 72h power reserve...

Its like apple and orange... both segmented to different audience.. both are great watches..

Offline superduke

« Reply #7 on: January 28, 2018, 10:43:30 PM »
Some ppl buy watch follow by own heart,not by brain....You like it then just buy it....So resale value or goreng business purpose not concerned with me....Hehe....
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 10:45:03 PM by superduke »

Offline tonykpk

« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2018, 07:18:01 AM »
Just buying a watch that have a better resale value doesn't construed that u really like the watch
or it's design . U buy it merely for its resale value or u like the watch?
Imagined  owning 10 watches all under the same brand .  :Confused:

Offline superduke

« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2018, 08:27:49 AM »
Just buying a watch that have a better resale value doesn't construed that u really like the watch
or it's design . U buy it merely for its resale value or u like the watch?
Imagined  owning 10 watches all under the same brand .  :Confused:

Totally agreed.....

Offline jimmyang

• watchstories.my
    • jimmyang.com
« Reply #10 on: January 29, 2018, 09:19:56 AM »
Tudor has better value, Rolex has better resale value.

But both actually as good as each other in my opinion. In terms of design and robustness as well as reliability. The only difference in both is PRESTIGE. Nothing else.
IG : watchstories.my

Offline DLwatchaddict

« Reply #11 on: January 29, 2018, 10:37:52 AM »
Tudor is cheap, Rolex is expensive. Buy what you can buy and buy what you like. For me, I can’t compare between those 2 brands. In my case, I didn’t even think about Tudor before purchase my Rolex, I do acknowledge Tudor is owned by Rolex and some of their model looks almost the same, but hey, I am buying a luxury watch here, the watch should have some sort of emotion tied with me, or else I don’t even have to consider to buy a six figure watch, I have my phone that can tell me time. Call me a brand loyalty freak, my friend always ask me why do I spent 6 figure on Rolex as you can opt for AP or PP at that price, but my emotion wasn’t tied with them. A Ferrari is a Ferrari, not just a point A to point the B device. The same goes to luxury watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #12 on: January 29, 2018, 09:14:36 PM »
Buy what you like. In Asia's general mainstream perspective, Tudor is considered as poor man's Rolex. But i do like their BB, Pelagos, NF. I owned a Black Bay, Sub and GMT2. I think Tudor has good value proposition. Quality built with affordable price. They are what Rolex used to be...."affordable" tool watch.
~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #13 on: January 30, 2018, 08:55:13 AM »
I think that both brands have managed to different themselves substantially. Having added into my collection watches such as DJ, Eii, Sub and SDc from Rolex, and BB and Pelagos from Tudor, I would say that the Rolex pieces were more classic and established pieces while Tudor's gave more bang-for-buck and experimented with modern materials and designs. So both could co-exist in one's collection. A bridge between both these brands, would be Omega pieces.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline Cocas

« Reply #14 on: January 30, 2018, 09:07:56 AM »
My take to Tudor is that it's used to be an ETA movement watch with Rolex standard quality control. This makes Tudor watch is less pricey and inevitably people viewing Tudor is a "second" graded watch to Rolex.

With the new Tudor movement (in which is a new Rolex unpublished in-house movement), Tudor will come out strong and compete in young people market.

Hope Tudor success in this round of strategy change.

Offline Timeless

« Reply #15 on: February 01, 2018, 12:43:31 PM »
Obviously the crown is better than rose.

Offline rayz2003

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: February 01, 2018, 12:45:32 PM »
i just got a tudor black bay bronze... and use the apps to check the accuracy of the watch.. turn out to be +0.0 a day.. OMG.. can't believe it on my own eye.. haha.. love the watch so far.. 

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #17 on: February 01, 2018, 08:42:37 PM »
that's an excellent accuracy.
i check mine with toolwatch app and my BB (eta) is +1.5 spd which is really good.
~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline vinceteh

« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2018, 08:34:00 AM »
Definitely Rolex will be better in term of value and reputation of the brand

Offline Ron0327

• Freshie
« Reply #19 on: March 01, 2018, 12:44:21 PM »
Rolex for sure

Offline Brenz222

« Reply #20 on: March 02, 2018, 09:06:48 AM »
Both are good watches that targeted difference segment. You may read through the link below to find out the difference.

https://beckertime.com/blog/whats-the-difference-between-tudor-and-rolex/

Offline watchgymfreaks

• Freshie
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2018, 01:07:34 PM »
rolex is my vote definitely

Offline jacobng

• Freshie
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2018, 01:16:48 PM »
I feel it all boils down to preference. I like them both but I'm a Tudor kinda guy as their watches suits my personality and lifestyle.
Plus, I do not need any unnecessary attention on my wrist from the people I deal with so a Tudor works well and I like their campaigns.

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #23 on: March 30, 2018, 02:09:49 PM »
I feel it all boils down to preference. I like them both but I'm a Tudor kinda guy as their watches suits my personality and lifestyle.
Plus, I do not need any unnecessary attention on my wrist from the people I deal with so a Tudor works well and I like their campaigns.

Funny about these marketing campaigns. I used to be a fan of Tudor with their BB, Pelagos, and Monte Carlo striking my fancy enough to be added into my collection. But over the years, with their recent brand ambassadors in the form of Lady Gaga and other fashionable pop icons, had me more interested to add up to move upstream to Rolex with their more established pieces and ambassadors. I used to think that those adverts would not really sway one's opinions on the brands and models; but perhaps am just getting old. While I may listen to Lady Gaga, I certainly wouldn't want to be associated with her sense of fashion and the likes.

Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline watchgymfreaks

• Freshie
« Reply #24 on: March 30, 2018, 03:07:34 PM »
both are good watches...it depends on our liking