Author Topic: Dive with your luxury piece  (Read 7118 times)

Offline gregbaas

Dive with your luxury piece
« on: December 26, 2017, 04:02:27 PM »
I have always wanted to dive with my Submariner or Aquaracer but i still hesitate.  What about you guys? Let's share some thoughts about diving with luxury piece.  Apart from dive computer, i'll dive with another watch for a backup reason.  I am pretty happy with my Luminox and Timex depth gauge dive watch at the moment but still don't have the guts to dive with Sub.

Offline ExplorerII

Re: Dive with your luxury piece
« Reply #1 on: December 26, 2017, 04:31:02 PM »
I swim regularly with my sub and explorer (diving isn't one of my hobbies).  These are sports watches and should be used as such!

Offline Cocas

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2017, 05:14:41 PM »
I swim with Rolex Oyster Perpetual DJ.  :thumbsup:

Offline DLwatchaddict

Dive with your luxury piece
« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2017, 07:59:04 PM »
I have always wanted to dive with my Submariner or Aquaracer but i still hesitate.  What about you guys? Let's share some thoughts about diving with luxury piece.  Apart from dive computer, i'll dive with another watch for a backup reason.  I am pretty happy with my Luminox and Timex depth gauge dive watch at the moment but still don't have the guts to dive with Sub.

Why not? It was designed for such purpose. The worst thing you can do to your watch is to keep it in a safe. We can easily find a 50 years old sub in today’s market, they are technically as durable as you, if not more. Just my 2 cent. Enjoy your watch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: December 26, 2017, 08:00:55 PM by DLwatchaddict »

Offline wristalk

• Freshie
  • Watch Aficionado
    • wristalk
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2017, 09:30:53 PM »
I will probably dive with the Aquaracer but not the Submariner. The most extreme expedition that my Sub accompanied me is to swimming pool  ;D

Nonetheless, I knew that Sub was made for diving, solid like a tank and I won't hesitant to dive with it. However, I had insecurity of bringing my luxury watch to kampung areas (as diving site mostly are outstation) with minimum security available with fear of getting robbed. As the tenth commandment from trip advisor said: 10. Avoid ostentatious displays of wealth like wearing a huge Rolex gold watch or a thick gold chain. You will only be an easy target for criminals.
SELLING MY PERSONAL COLLECTION AT: http://bit.ly/2DcqE53

Offline Timeless

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 06:48:11 AM »
Go ahead, been dives with Subs, Pams and ROO regularly, no issue at all.

Offline mongourou

« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2018, 08:43:54 PM »
Always thought I will dive with a mechanical dive watch. Until I passed my PADI with a dive computer watch recommended by a Master Diver. It is so useful that it makes the mechanical watch redundant. Maybe I will use it one day as a backup but I can’t really imagine myself diving with a mechanical timepiece. But I will surely wear one after diving at the bar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Omega - Tudor - Halios - Casio

Offline Clicko

« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2018, 09:02:49 PM »
I have been swimming with my Sub, Aquaracer, and Aqua Terra regularly. Two places I don't dare are hotspring and sauna. Any thoughts about that?

Offline bedazzle44

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2018, 06:40:53 PM »
I swim regularly with my sub and explorer (diving isn't one of my hobbies).  These are sports watches and should be used as such!

Fully agreed with you. What's the point of having a high end diver watch when you don't dare to test drive it?

Offline William

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 07:09:49 PM »
I have never owned a luxury dive watch. However, if you spend so much on a good robust quality build timepiece which is meant to be used for diving and the function of the bezel is there, I do not see why you should not use it. Expensive or inexpensive or not it does not matter, the matter of the fact that you bought the watch in the diving genre and it was build for it. So just dive with it!

Offline JohnLee

« Reply #10 on: January 25, 2018, 06:24:17 AM »
My sub to beach, swimming pool for many yrs. Nothing wrong. It built for it.

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #11 on: January 25, 2018, 12:26:36 PM »
I have been swimming with my Sub, Aquaracer, and Aqua Terra regularly. Two places I don't dare are hotspring and sauna. Any thoughts about that?
I wear all my watches into the steam room, hot spring or sauna. No issues there. I don’t baby any of my watches. They are meant to be worn and scratches just add to the character of the watch. Worry not and just enjoy your watch.

Offline gregbaas

« Reply #12 on: January 25, 2018, 12:43:02 PM »
I wear all my watches into the steam room, hot spring or sauna. No issues there. I don’t baby any of my watches. They are meant to be worn and scratches just add to the character of the watch. Worry not and just enjoy your watch.
well said, worry not enjoy it!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk