Author Topic: JDM Watch Stuck In Customs  (Read 7711 times)

Offline kracie

JDM Watch Stuck In Customs
« on: December 25, 2017, 04:36:05 PM »
Hi Guys Merry Christmas !

This is a stressed up first post in this forum

I purchased a G-Shock GWS-5600 from Rakuten for RM920 (inclusive of shipping) on the 15th of December. Seller delayed in shipping it out so the watch arrived in KLIA on 21/12/2017.

Anyway this is the tracker timeline

19/12/2017 16:39   Posted   6738799
20/12/2017 07:00   Departed from export office   Kansai Int Apt
21/12/2017 12:00   Arrived at destination import office   Kuala Lumpur
21/12/2017 12:01   Presented to import customs   Kuala Lumpur
21/12/2017 15:47   Held for customs inspection   Kuala Lumpur

No further updates since the 21st. I have not received any letter from Pos Malaysia regarding appointing them as an agent to clear Customs.

I'm planning to call Pos Malaysia tmw to check on the package. But I read on another forum that I should not call as this would draw attention on my package and I would get taxed. But it's been with Customs for 4 days so I got a strong feeling i'm getting hit with GST.

What can I do to speed up the Customs process ?

I thought the charging of GST is pretty straight forward and won't take more than a day.

P.S. On the 22/12/2017 I purchased a G Shock strap for RM 200 from another seller on Rakuten and it has passed through Customs today.

Offline Cocas

Re: JDM Watch Stuck In Customs
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2017, 04:46:57 PM »
Recommend you to go to the pos office custom clearance Dept and pay off the GST to collect the watch on the spot.

It's faster that way.  :thumbsup:

Offline kracie

« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2017, 04:52:01 PM »
Recommend you to go to the pos office custom clearance Dept and pay off the GST to collect the watch on the spot.

I would do that as I am off for the week. I'm starting to get really worried that they might opened the package and wore the watch over the long weekend.

But I think I should wait for the official letter first.

Do u think there is still a chance my watch would slip through without being hit with GST ?

Offline Cocas

« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2017, 05:02:31 PM »

I would do that as I am off for the week. I'm starting to get really worried that they might opened the package and wore the watch over the long weekend.

But I think I should wait for the official letter first.

Do u think there is still a chance my watch would slip through without being hit with GST ?

Once it appears on the tracking system with particular like that, it's unlikely to pass through without GST.

Offline Jaymie360

« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2017, 05:06:42 PM »
Just go straight to the custom klia and pay on the spot. Easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Timeless

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2017, 06:56:48 AM »
Usually it takes 2-3 days for customs inspection, should wait couple of days and could get it without GST though.

Offline kracie

« Reply #6 on: December 27, 2017, 10:52:06 AM »
Thanks for the advice guys.

I took a 40 min drive to the Pos Malaysia Hub at KLIA2 and got my watch.

The Pos and Customs ppl were all pretty friendly and relaxed. They found my parcel in 5 mins and I went to another counter to open it up. They calculated my GST and I was charged RM 52.85. Went to another counter to make payment. Whole process took around 30mins. The longest wait was making payment which took 15mins.

P.S. The only troublesome part was getting through to them by phone. Took me almost an hour before someone answered. I wanted to confirm that my package was in the Hub before taking the drive.

« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 10:57:25 AM by kracie »

Offline jmur3

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: December 27, 2017, 11:31:53 AM »
that's a small price to pay to get the watch, rather than trying to evade the GST.

Offline Jaymie360

« Reply #8 on: December 27, 2017, 01:17:14 PM »
Congrats on your new watch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline Cocas

« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2017, 01:26:43 PM »

The Pos and Customs ppl were all pretty friendly and relaxed. They found my parcel in 5 mins and I went to another counter to open it up. They calculated my GST and I was charged RM 52.85. Went to another counter to make payment. Whole process took around 30mins. The longest wait was making payment which took 15mins.

P.S. The only troublesome part was getting through to them by phone. Took me almost an hour before someone answered. I wanted to confirm that my package was in the Hub before taking the drive.

You may try this Pos Malaysia online tracking system to browse and confirm your parcel arrival.

https://pos.com.my/postal-services/quick-access/?track-trace

Offline kracie

« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2017, 01:32:03 PM »

You may try this Pos Malaysia online tracking system to browse and confirm your parcel arrival.

https://pos.com.my/postal-services/quick-access/?track-trace

The Pos Malaysia tracking system is slow to update.

I have another watch incoming and already in Customs but Pos Malaysia tracking says it is still "en route to Malaysia"

I use the global EMS tracking. It's faster.

Offline orochi316

« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2018, 11:15:48 PM »
Hi there, I'm new to this forum and bump into your thread about buying watch from rakuten, would love to hear your shopping experience on rakuten. Btw I'm planning to get a Casio edifice EQB-501, which I manage to find on rakuten, but worry about shopping online. Thanks.  ;)
Enjoy life to the fullest, because you never know what will happen next