Author Topic: Suggestion for ladies watch around RM30-35k  (Read 7845 times)

Offline Jess_1818

Suggestion for ladies watch around RM30-35k
« on: November 25, 2017, 09:13:09 AM »
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. Would love to get my first luxury watch, budget around Rm30-35k.
Prefer something classic, simple, and elegant. I’m considering Rolex Date Just model. Is it a good watch?

My wrist is very small, but I like bigger watch if I can carry the look.

Any other suggestions? I actually like Cartier Santos too, but Cartier is not really a watch brand, so better get a brand that’s really specialized in watches, am I right?

Thank you.

Offline rayz2003

• Freshie
Re: Suggestion for ladies watch around RM30-35k
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2017, 09:14:15 AM »
Submariner....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline mongourou

« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2017, 09:52:49 AM »
Hi all,

I am new to this forum. Would love to get my first luxury watch, budget around Rm30-35k.
Prefer something classic, simple, and elegant. I’m considering Rolex Date Just model. Is it a good watch?

Any other suggestions? I actually like Cartier Santos too, but Cartier is not really a watch brand, so better get a brand that’s really specialized in watches, am I right?

Thank you.

Louis Cartier created the Santos-Dumont (named after the aviator) in 1904 and Cartier have been very successful with their watches since (ok maybe not in the 70’s with the quartz crisis).
Omega - Tudor - Halios - Casio

Offline yehlai

« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2017, 12:54:23 PM »
Jlc Reverso or any lady Datejust

Offline Cocas

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2017, 02:05:16 PM »
Cartier, JLC Reverso, Rolex, Omega, Chopard!

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2017, 04:29:26 PM »
Hi all,

Thank you.

I suggest you follow your instinct. The Santos is an icon. You can google it to see how people feel about it. It is a beautiful watch especially on a lady’s wrist.

Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline timekeeper99

« Reply #6 on: November 25, 2017, 08:13:18 PM »
Cartier and Bulgari have been investing in their timepieces. So their prestige in the horology world is increasing i think. Their timepieces are also classy..

But if you’re more the sporty kind, maybe consider a panerai...they’re meant to be big so even if you think you have small wrists, they might still look good on you..

My test is always the on-the-wrist test...its always how a watch looks on the wrist. For example if I always wanted a JLC Reverso but...it doesn’t seem so nice on my wrist..

Offline dualcarb

« Reply #7 on: November 27, 2017, 06:28:56 AM »
Hi all,

Thank you.

The Rolex datejust has stood the test of time. I see it on the wrists of many. And even after 30+ years of wear, still looks good.
The Cartier Santos, while not as popular as the Rolex is also a watch rich in history and heritage. This is a classy timepiece and will also look many different occasions.
I may be the one giving the worst advice here. But here goes...for a first luxury timepiece, I strongly suggest Rolex. Then save up for that Cartier. Because I know deep inside, even after purchasing that Cartier, you will still be unknowingly be lusting for that Rolex.

Offline kukujiao

« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2017, 06:49:06 AM »
Hi all,

Thank you.

The Rolex datejust has stood the test of time. I see it on the wrists of many. And even after 30+ years of wear, still looks good.
The Cartier Santos, while not as popular as the Rolex is also a watch rich in history and heritage. This is a classy timepiece and will also look many different occasions.
I may be the one giving the worst advice here. But here goes...for a first luxury timepiece, I strongly suggest Rolex. Then save up for that Cartier. Because I know deep inside, even after purchasing that Cartier, you will still be unknowingly be lusting for that Rolex.
date just or reverso but DJ will never go wrong but too common

Sent from my VKY-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #9 on: November 27, 2017, 07:12:38 AM »
DJ 31

Offline yehlai

« Reply #10 on: November 27, 2017, 09:58:59 AM »
Datejust too common but everyone knows it.
Reverso is like hit or miss, when people know it then will be higher regards than Datejust. But most people won't know it because they wear DW

If you don't mind either those, strongly recommend Reverso
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 10:09:18 AM by yehlai »

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2017, 02:56:55 PM »
if one and only watch, try Rolex.

Offline Jess_1818

« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2017, 08:11:58 AM »
Thanks all for your suggestions! I think I'll go for Rolex Date Just 31. Although I equally like the Cartier Santos and Reverso too :-\

And now I'm in dilemma which Date Just model should I choose. I like the mother of pearl, with roman numerals and diamond on 6. But diamond looks better on black color. Anyway it's just one diamond :P

Actually my fave is code 178384, but it's out of my budget.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #13 on: December 01, 2017, 09:08:50 AM »
Thanks all for your suggestions! I think I'll go for Rolex Date Just 31. Although I equally like the Cartier Santos and Reverso too :-\

And now I'm in dilemma which Date Just model should I choose. I like the mother of pearl, with roman numerals and diamond on 6. But diamond looks better on black color. Anyway it's just one diamond :P

Actually my fave is code 178384, but it's out of my budget.

Wise choice :thumbsup:

Offline Timeless

« Reply #14 on: December 05, 2017, 09:04:23 AM »
You may consider 178241 if rose gold is your preference

Offline bedazzle44

• Freshie
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2018, 05:53:10 PM »
rolex lady all gold datejust, bulgari gold

Offline DLwatchaddict

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2018, 06:59:57 PM »
Your choice will be widen if you are open to used Rolex. Submariner do look gorgeous on lady too.