Author Topic: Big name = quality finished  (Read 9412 times)

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
Big name = quality finished
« on: July 06, 2014, 07:31:56 PM »
As far as I knew, most big name in development not delivering the quality most buyer expecting.

Most keeping mouth shut hoping this will not affect the property value.

Here is a big decision from the court

http://news.malaysia.msn.com/tmi/sime-darby-ordered-to-pay-rm500000-over-defects-in-luxury-home-–-bernama

Pls share ur experience here

Offline dpkong

Re: Big name = quality finished
« Reply #1 on: July 06, 2014, 08:36:26 PM »
Malaysian buyers are usually timid and prefer to fork out their own money for repairs or just live with minor issues.

Big time developers know their customers/market well and will take advantage of that when they can at every opportunity.

I've always said that Malaysian property prices are too high for what you get in return.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2014, 12:57:59 PM »
malaysia property price still lowest in the region leh...

Offline contender

« Reply #3 on: July 10, 2014, 04:32:05 PM »

So is our GDP per capita or the average Malaysian salary ..... and ours have the smallest purchasing power.  :Blue:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2014, 10:50:00 AM »

So is our GDP per capita or the average Malaysian salary ..... and ours have the smallest purchasing power.  :Blue:

There is an index for house affordability
Something like how many mths of our salary for a std size house
Msia definitely it's easier to own house as compare to high per capita income nation in fact

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2014, 01:36:38 PM »

There is an index for house affordability
Something like how many mths of our salary for a std size house
Msia definitely it's easier to own house as compare to high per capita income nation in fact

Sure boh? Easy for Malaysians to own house?
Kinda hard to believe...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline dpkong

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2014, 11:25:59 PM »
If spending nearly half of your monthly income for the next 30 years to pay for a home is easy, I dread to wonder what is difficult. Maybe it's when the monthly income is lost....

Offline contender

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2014, 12:18:43 PM »
It is a known fact that everything in Malaysia is "expensive" from house, cars and also our beloved watches.

I am speaking on our purchasing power here .... lets' just compare with our neighbour Singapore .... they are paid practically dollar to dollar we earn or maybe 90% of our earnings. Eg. We get paid MYR10,000 here while in Singapore you probably get paid SGD9,000 to SGD10,000. Take a look at their prices of things, practically half price in SGD dollar .... but please do not compare landed houses because theirs is a small island and HDB/Private condo should be better comparison. If you want landed in Singapore ... is similar to KLCC condos, not everyone stays in KLCC condos mind you.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2014, 11:23:19 PM »
taiko taiko here all staying in their big house shout house not affordable...
they didnt even realise we hv flat, apt, condo... that still affordable!
eyes on luxury condo and big bungalow only.... they owned it and yet shout not affordable!
go hong kong japan bangkok jakarta and ask, is house affordable?
 :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor: :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline hanz079

• Global Moderator
  • I is Rocks!!
    • WATCHIONABLE
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2014, 06:55:24 PM »
eyes on luxury condo and big bungalow only.... they owned it and yet shout not affordable!

I am looking at the general population.
If owning a house is indeed easy be it apartment, flat or condo... then the Malaysian govt will not be doing PR1MA... which is bollocks if u ask me...
Those earning 3-4k a month can own house? I doubt it... after paying for car and essentials... not much left...
Pity not those that already owned a home... pity those who are gonna buy their 1st house...
Terrenceterrence "seriously, i think buying a watch for it's secondhand value is like getting married and thinking about divorce at the back of your mind."

watchionable.blogspot.com

Offline dpkong

« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2014, 08:09:29 PM »

Too many factors to consider here. What is GDP in Hong Kong or Japan? Bangkok and Jakarta probably milking the market like KL.

Yes, we have apartments/flats/condo but affordable is only pigeon hole size. I get claustrophobic when I spent a night in one "condo" with my family. I prefer at least 2,000 sq.ft. for a home with 3 to 4 bedrooms. Those are not affordable at all. Let's not compare what we can afford and what we should have paid.

And soon, it will become nearly impossible for first time home buyers to own their own home without staying ridiculously far from their place of work. And that will be the start of trouble, when people become dissatisfied and desperate.

That's the tagline used by almost anyone trying to sell anything. Compare it with how TM says we have the cheapest broadband rates in the region...

It's not about whether it's the lowest in the region, the question is "Is it really worth what you're paying?"

Without knowing actual figures, I would ask.

1. What's the value of 1,000 sq.ft. of land in KL centre now?
2. What's the cost of materials for a 1,000 sq.ft. condo?
3. What's the cost of workmanship for 1,000 sq.ft. condo?
4. What's the total cost to put in amenities like a pool/gym/clubhouse etc. and total area of land to be used for other non-building areas and divide all that by the number of units?

Now if after all the calculations show the profits are not fantastic, tell me why nearly everyone who has the slightest chance of getting into housing development is jumping into it.

Offline tummybed

« Reply #11 on: July 15, 2014, 08:35:12 PM »
"Now if after all the calculations show the profits are not fantastic, tell me why nearly everyone who has the slightest chance of getting into housing development is jumping into it."  That's right on the dot DpKong.
And the sad part is you still need to fork out a good sum of money to make those highly priced-psf units liveable.

Offline Lazarus7247

• Freshie
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2014, 04:45:23 PM »
Usually big name creates good townships just that their quality might be questionable at times.

Offline choowh

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2014, 06:58:49 AM »
at times these developer are not consistent. from my experience, i have few properties under same developer..some are flawless and some leaking here and there. such developers with tonnes of project ongoing...worried they might simply get workers in regardless they are capable or not...

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2014, 07:29:05 AM »
reports shown, pay hike, most vacancy .... in property developement and related industry

many of our talent (engineer, architect, planner, qs, etc )gone oversea ( mid east, spore, china, etc )
local skilled workers, site supervisors, clerk of works, site engineers.... etc retired. young generation dont like to work at site!
skilled and experienced labors back to indonesia

so even the developer consistent
not their staff
not their contractor
not their contractor's staff
not their contractor's workers