Author Topic: Xian in Late Autumm & Early Winter  (Read 7032 times)

Offline Enkidu

Xian in Late Autumm & Early Winter
« on: November 29, 2013, 06:05:33 PM »
I told Chris that I would post some pics of my stay in Xian. The problem is there is so much to do and experience in this city and it's hard to take time off from business and meeting schedule. But I managed to snap a few shots during my current (end Nov 13) and last visit (end Oct 13):

It's easy to get around in Xian, especially if you are staying near the Xian Metro..

Xian is well connected to other major cities via China's speed train network (very convenient for people having to make short inter-province business trips). This is the photo of the speed train which I took from Xian North station to Zhengzhou....

The food in Xian.....

Biang-biang noodles...

Guantang baos...

A paradise if you are a meat lover...

Freshly made Pomegranate fruit drink...

And this Xian burger is every where.....

PLaces to see...

The Great Mosque of Xian....

The Bell Tower and Drum Tower...

The muslim quarters...

The museums. No visit to Xian is complete without a visit to the Shaanxi History Museum and the Terracotta Warriors Museum....

The ancient city wall.....

Huashan (which is connected to Xian via speed train).....

It's freezing on top now.... :laugh: :laugh:

And of course, the watches...

And what was I wearing?? Hahaha...

Bye...see you all at the GTG!!  ;D

Offline sean

Re: Xian in Late Autumm & Early Winter
« Reply #1 on: November 29, 2013, 06:41:24 PM »
Nice photo,  Xian is one of the city wish to visit in near future.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2013, 06:46:06 PM »
I thought u told me u ran away to Xian after MWF mods told u that they received complaints against u cyber bullied ppl at MWF
A photo of IWC boutique and ur ingenieur will not cure the situation. U shd visit Pam boutique or AD there and buy a Pam

I wish to go Xian one day, look at those historical building architectures... I love it to death.
R those terra-cotta real? Or replica

Where the famous aged vinegar? Must drink more for detoxing... Otherwise the bad air there will harm u... 

How's the taste of those noodle u posted... I m those who can eat 3 noodles meal a day!
Shaanxi, the town of noodles... I expect more variety from u actually...

Thnx for sharing

Ps : if no Pam lovers attend gtg, I will blame u for that!

Offline el118

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2013, 07:21:58 PM »
How is the weather? must be pretty cold.

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2013, 08:12:41 PM »
I thought u told me u ran away to Xian after MWF mods told u that they received complaints against u cyber bullied ppl at MWF
A photo of IWC boutique and ur ingenieur will not cure the situation. U shd visit Pam boutique or AD there and buy a Pam

I wish to go Xian one day, look at those historical building architectures... I love it to death.
R those terra-cotta real? Or replica

Where the famous aged vinegar? Must drink more for detoxing... Otherwise the bad air there will harm u... 

How's the taste of those noodle u posted... I m those who can eat 3 noodles meal a day!
Shaanxi, the town of noodles... I expect more variety from u actually...

Thnx for sharing

Ps : if no Pam lovers attend gtg, I will blame u for that!

More pictures.....

Noodles??  ;D ;D Mee too a noodle lover. Here, you get the suanla mien, dandan mien, biang biang noodle, beef noodle..... But I believe you are referring to Shanxi Province (not Shaanxi) which is the home of noodles. More noodle shops at Taiyuan (capital of Shanxi) and Zhengzhou (Henan) than in Xian definitely.

No pam lovers at GTG? I thought Terrence is doing something to remedy the situation? Still as distant as the stars?? ;D

Yes, there is a Pam boutique within the Harmony World Watch Centre (close to the south gate of the Xian ancient wall). Alas, the PAM boutique wasn't open when I visited the place last, although I did get to see lots of Omegas and JLCs including some SIHH and Basel 2013 offerings. Maybe my reputation preceded me even here and the PAM boutique manager thought me unworthy of his leather scented boutique... ::)

The temperature is about 10 degrees Celsius in the day, drops to close to zero at night. It was sub-zero on top of Huashan.

Most of the exhibits at the Terracotta Warrior museum are real, though I cannot say the same of the exhibits at the Shaanxi History Museum. But these places are must-see definitely..

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 29, 2013, 09:45:56 PM »
Ya, shanxi noodle
I read china places in Chinese, in fact reading ur xian in message last time, I took a min to know is Xi An
Anyway, u mentioned my favorite noodle - tan tan mian  :thumbsup:

Any painting of Qin shi Huang portrait?

Beautiful building roof construction...

Offline Alvin-8880

« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2013, 12:33:06 PM »
Been to Xian too few years ago. Wish to contribute some shots.  ;D

Xian City Wall

Some where near Drum Tower & the food stores at Muslim/Hui Street

Shots from Terracotta Muzium

Morning activities at Xian park

If u visit Xian with tour group, it will usually cover places like Shaolin Temple, Yellow River, SanMengXia, LongMengShiKoo (Dragon Door Cave), RuoYang ancient city, etc.. This is the best Ancient History Tour of China if u are interested.  :thumbsup:

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #7 on: November 30, 2013, 10:53:00 PM »
Thnx for sharing Alvin

Offline harkensng

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2013, 08:52:46 AM »
Thanx for sharing bro alvin and enkidu. Really nice shots.. :Cheers:

Is there direct flight to xian from kl or singapore?

God bless...

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #9 on: December 05, 2013, 06:37:12 AM »
Thanx for sharing bro alvin and enkidu. Really nice shots.. :Cheers:

Is there direct flight to xian from kl or singapore?

God bless...

Alvin,
thanks for chipping in.  :thumbsup:

Harken,

I normally fly from KL to Shanghai and then take a connecting flight to Xian (China Eastern all the way). You'll need to collect your luggage and clear immigration at Shanghai pudong before going to Xian. Or you may want to try fly to HKG and then take a connecting flight. Either way, good opportunity for you and missus to shop before flying to Xian... :laugh: :laugh:

Offline am_sober

• it's time~! ^^
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2014, 12:32:15 PM »
nice and interesting place~! tq for sharing.. never knew about this place.. nice pics also..  :thumbsup:
would like to add xian to my list..
"People who says it cannot be done, should not interrupt those who are doing it~ ^^Y"

Offline Enkidu

« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2014, 01:08:13 PM »
nice and interesting place~! tq for sharing.. never knew about this place.. nice pics also..  :thumbsup:

You must really try this when you are there. I really love it. Had one (or two) every day after lunch. RMB 5 per stick. Very sweet, definitely bad for health...

Offline aceventura

« Reply #12 on: February 08, 2014, 02:11:13 PM »

You must really try this when you are there. I really love it. Had one (or two) every day after lunch. RMB 5 per stick. Very sweet, definitely bad for health...

Seems an interesting place to visit as there are quite a number of places of historical interest ! Mmmmm....the food looks great and mouth watering too. Obviously Xian has a large Muslim community judging from the attire. I guess the tell-tale sign is when you notice that the serving of mutton is commonplace.