Author Topic: Tudor Black Bay Black 79220N ETA  (Read 5177 times)

Offline josephw

• Freshie
Tudor Black Bay Black 79220N ETA
« on: April 17, 2019, 03:59:00 PM »
Hi, any good advise whether to go for 79220N (discontinued) Rose logo or the new BB with in house movement (Shield logo). Both are amazing watches just wondering which holds better value in the long run

Offline G.MAC

Re: Tudor Black Bay Black 79220N ETA
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2019, 06:26:21 PM »
The rose logo experienced a boom before when it was discontinued but it seems that it is in the past as prices are now back to pre-boom used prices. If that is the case, i might as well go for the new movement.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline josephw

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2019, 06:38:44 PM »
Not sure but given the rarity of the 79220N, do you think it will goes up eventually? Understand that this model produced only for few months before change to in house movement. What will happen 5 or 10 years down the road?

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 05:04:05 AM »
it can be rare but the fact remained that prices came down. I saw grey dealers moving the 79220N for low prices indicating that it is not a continuously appreciating piece or that the demand is not there for these pieces. I suppose people just switch their taste to the new in-house movement ones. For brands like these, the trend would be an initial boom following the news and hype then a deflation of prices. You have better luck with continuous appreciation with the Rolex SD4k ceramic. That is rarer still and prices past the boom are still climbing.

Offline josephw

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 06:08:08 AM »
G.Mac, you are absolutely right. Only private seller is putting high price for this rare piece. Same like the recent GMT (Tudor), some are even trying to sell 20k and above.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 10:27:21 AM »
Best to wait for it. I recently got the GMT at retail plus discount but unfortunately there is no more stock at the place i went to.

Offline josephw

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 10:31:11 AM »
Lucky you...now need to wait probably more than 1 year. No stock coming in for the past 2 months. Is selling around $15,1xx.00 now.

Offline wingman7

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2020, 08:48:42 AM »
Between Rose logo and Shield logo, I would preferred the rose logo. It kinda reminded me of vintage Tudor watches back in the 50s or 60s. It gives the watch a touch of vintage classic look. Moreover, I find that the rose logo matches better with the crown logo (which is also a rose). Since is running on ETA movement, it will be very easy to maintain in long run.

Don't look too much into the future value. As long as the watch is easily available at the AD, I don't think the price will goes up too much. But having said that, we won't know what will happen after 5 to 10 years later.