Author Topic: is 2015 good year to buy property????  (Read 31187 times)

Offline dpkong

Re: is 2015 good year to buy property????
« Reply #25 on: March 30, 2015, 08:30:58 PM »
Thank you Chris. Been getting similar advise to invest in new launch project in Seremban & Bangi, rather than in KL, as ROI ~4% in KL!

Chris, knowing that you are a well informed expert in property line,  what do you feel abt the theory to wait for secondary market to crash in KL over the coming 12 months+, in the hypothetical scenario of return of the 20 yrs recession cycle in Malaysia?

Alternatively, banging on MahSeng's project as its products are fairly reliable with reasonable capital gain?

Do you think a Toyota salesman will tell you not to buy a Camry now because 6 months from today it will be sold at half price?

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #26 on: March 31, 2015, 06:46:14 AM »
Welldone dp. Chris is more akin to the experienced Lexus Sales Manager, & will not misled a fellow comrade.

Offline dpkong

« Reply #27 on: April 01, 2015, 10:12:56 PM »
I believe I've said this before and will say again.

Property prices are high because of speculators. Some like to call themselves investors but it's all still a gamble. You buy extra property hoping your money grows and you get tenants. Developers are constantly increasing prices because buyers will still buy. Lame excuses of rising land prices are just an excuse because most developers have already acquired a large land bank which they're only now developing.

Some might buy extra property just because there's nothing else to do with all the extra cash so the above may not apply to you and you probably won't be bothered if it's a good time to buy or not.

If you're buying to live in it, then any appreciation or depreciation will not affect you as you need a roof over your head.

At the end of the day, it's all speculation that causes incredible price increases.

Let's not even get into the possible problems we will encounter one day when the younger generation can no longer afford a home or even rent one....

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #28 on: April 02, 2015, 06:42:52 PM »
Really hope that there are more wise person like you, then the market won't became unreachable!

Offline dpkong

« Reply #29 on: April 02, 2015, 06:51:07 PM »

Offline Ann66

« Reply #30 on: April 07, 2015, 08:12:53 AM »
I know there are landed property still selling at below RM500K in U17, Shah Alam. For family to stay it is best to buy landed than high rise

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #31 on: April 13, 2015, 11:22:23 AM »
any1 bought any property this year? mind to share what, where and why?

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #32 on: April 14, 2015, 06:43:28 AM »
Pleasantly surprised to find that 2 - 4m shop offices still available from developer around Damansara area, but LH though.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2015, 08:42:38 AM »
Thank you Chris. Been getting similar advise to invest in new launch project in Seremban & Bangi, rather than in KL, as ROI ~4% in KL!

Chris, knowing that you are a well informed expert in property line,  what do you feel abt the theory to wait for secondary market to crash in KL over the coming 12 months+, in the hypothetical scenario of return of the 20 yrs recession cycle in Malaysia?

Alternatively, banging on MahSeng's project as its products are fairly reliable with reasonable capital gain?

Do you think a Toyota salesman will tell you not to buy a Camry now because 6 months from today it will be sold at half price?

1st - the growth corridor is towards south since 10 yrs ago... cheras kajang semenyih. now ppl paying rm700k++ for a terrace in Broga/Beranang launched by reputable developer.

personally, i will not go into this kind of project, its 35km from town, unless i buy for my own stay.
RM700k is not a small amount

2nd - demand vs supply. few area and some type of property sales already dropped. Just look at FB, when every1 is selling... ?
Iskandar area, cyberjaya area.... especially those high rise, soho, sofo, sovo.... is definitely bubble!
i am staying away from non sustainable development !

3rd - affordable housing, demand surely more than suply, question is in which area at what price?
Pr1ma is pushing for rm450k. MySelangorku RM240k. problem is i not eligible to buy !

so frankly, i am concentrating in my own project, i help my boss to plan project that sell houses for ppl to buy for own stay last 2 yrs.

Offline keanewoon

« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2015, 04:38:05 PM »
well, there is no worst or best time to purchase property as long as for own stay.

as for investment, it's still depends on what is your play. if purely flipping, the good old days is not here anymore.

so, for own stay, just follow ur own taste and affordability ( sound like recommended for watches purchase also.....)

for investment, get ready unit for rental play......

for purely speculation, finger crossed....

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2015, 05:39:37 PM »
Why is these new launch shoplots in Klang Valley so expensive, mostly are in excess of 6.8m?  Even SW Velocity in cheapskate area was also in excess of 5m a few years ago! Its rather too crazy to invest that amount of $ as deposit, since invariably it'll draw unnecessary attention from the taxman. Yet properties beyond Klang Valley's capital appreciation will unlikely to be as desirable. Really have to conserve now for a few years, in order to deliver an effective blow in the subsales market when the bubbles burst!

Offline @tsw@

• My precious
« Reply #36 on: April 29, 2015, 05:52:09 PM »
Speaking from own experience and only applicable to pj sec6 (jln changgai, near state) I've been able to source old bungalows on 10,000sqft land at below 2mil. This is when banks are able to give a valuation of at least 2.5mil. The catch is that these land are all leasehold with 40 years left. Therefore the banks expect you to renew the lease, thus loan margin is much lesser.

I feel these are the hidden gems and worthwhile investment due to the big margin that you can play with..... Provided the cash is there.

Regards
Tsw

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #37 on: April 30, 2015, 01:48:37 PM »
@Tsw, I am not keen on leasehold properties, but, thank you for you advise anyway. Do you mind share or pm the name & details on your latest completed project in Puchong please? Regards.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #38 on: May 21, 2015, 03:26:32 PM »
Some months back, just went for Casa Green (now Residensi Hijauan) in Bukit Jalil. Decently priced (imo) for younger generation like me. All units are same size; 1,000sqft and at 450k, discounts based on floor. Opted for an extra (3rd carpark). Completion sometime in 2019.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #39 on: May 24, 2015, 09:52:01 PM »

Some months back, just went for Casa Green (now Residensi Hijauan) in Bukit Jalil. Decently priced (imo) for younger generation like me. All units are same size; 1,000sqft and at 450k, discounts based on floor. Opted for an extra (3rd carpark). Completion sometime in 2019.

450psf in Bkt jalil sounds good
3 car parks is big big bonus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #40 on: May 25, 2015, 08:04:48 AM »
Carpark was an additional 20k. For a high floor unit, after discount and inclusive of 3rd carpark, is still under RM450psf. This is next to Z Residence, facing highway as I was not able to get a unit facing inside. The only downside is that the booking fee is a whopping 10% which also makes it very tough for young buyers. I know I am broke now.

Offline deriku

« Reply #41 on: May 25, 2015, 10:30:49 AM »
10% for booking or down payment? Usually booking is around 1k, but regardless loan application only 90% so you'll need to fork out 10% cash.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #42 on: May 25, 2015, 12:38:20 PM »
10% for booking; so some 40k upfront to sign booking papers. I think developer is trying to weed out investors and try to have more genuine buyers, although I don't know how effective was.

Offline keanewoon

« Reply #43 on: May 25, 2015, 09:31:30 PM »
Yeah. Hefty 10% as booking and then become dp if u get 90% loan. But now waiting list is 300 ppl. Means one buyer withdraw, 300 ppl waiting to take it up. For non bumi. Bumi lot still have if im not wrong.

Offline deriku

« Reply #44 on: May 25, 2015, 09:47:59 PM »
Funny I had the impression that the property sector was not as hot as it used to be. Maybe cos at 450psf it's still relatively accessible.
Couple years back condo in Ara Dsara already hit close to 800. Prices are getting crazier, can't imagine how someone can afford without having accumulated substantial savings.

Offline keanewoon

« Reply #45 on: May 26, 2015, 10:09:45 AM »
Yes. Not as hot. But 450 psf in decent area, will be selling fast anytime.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #46 on: June 01, 2015, 09:17:38 AM »
according housing development act

10% downpayment is a fixed sum, any collection of booking below this is not legal !

over the years... many developer bang the rule smartly... and no buyer complaint when you get to pay less booking.

RM450 psf is it bargain price, beside location.... still hv to compare with spec given, density, environment...
but in that area, is definitely  the affordable house in KL. soon the LRT extention is linking this area to Putra height connecting to Putra line

additional covered car park at RM20k is very very reasonable

how ever have you compare it with Z residence?
price per sf
amenities
access road
time cost - ready to move in

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #47 on: June 01, 2015, 11:00:24 AM »
Thank you, Chris, your thread is so resourceful.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #48 on: June 03, 2015, 03:09:25 PM »
Thanks for the insights, Chris. Below are some of the factors which I considered:

1. Price per sf - cheaper than Z Residence; new and subsale. I believe CG is currently the cheapest in the area; but then I didn't do an extensive research.

2. Amenities - to be honest this is not a very important item for me (although may be different for other buyers). They do seem to have the usual list of amenities including pool (no gym, but a basketball court is listed), but others like convenience store, laundry service etc is very low on my list of priorities; I'm ok if it comes without. Security is two tier.

3. Access road - at this point in time, afaik, is same as Z. When the road opens up that goes through Rainz, will be applicable for CG as well. The other access road that is parallel with LRT track, going through to KM1, has been proposed but I do not know if it will or has been approved yet. Without this, I believe the area will be heavily congested; area is getting very saturated. I am assuming this new road will materialize.

4. Time cost - develop says completion in 2019. I'm not 100% firm on moving in at this point in time. Was looking for something to move in within the next 12-18 months and stumbled upon CG. If I stick to my initial plan and move in to my own prop in given timeline, I may consider my first home which is currently tenanted out. CG is honestly an investment-cum-own stay possibility.

5. Density - 3 blocks (A, B, C); Block A is Rumah Mampu Milik (825 sqft, 490 units) and Block B + C (1,003 sqft, 490 units) totaling 980 units. That's quite high density, in an already highly saturated area. BUT- I am willing to accept this considering price factor.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2015, 03:12:08 PM by r3kahsttub »

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #49 on: June 04, 2015, 07:51:50 AM »

Thanks for the insights, Chris. Below are some of the factors which I considered:
cheers

1. Price per sf - cheaper than Z Residence; new and subsale. I believe CG is currently the cheapest in the area; but then I didn't do an extensive research.
privce vs spec ( what u get, density and some factor below )

2. Amenities - to be honest this is not a very important item for me (although may be different for other buyers). They do seem to have the usual list of amenities including pool (no gym, but a basketball court is listed), but others like convenience store, laundry service etc is very low on my list of priorities; I'm ok if it comes without. Security is two tier.
also look at details
- swimming pool can be 50m length with 8 lane vs small lap pool
- density also to be considered

3. Access road - at this point in time, afaik, is same as Z. When the road opens up that goes through Rainz, will be applicable for CG as well. The other access road that is parallel with LRT track, going through to KM1, has been proposed but I do not know if it will or has been approved yet. Without this, I believe the area will be heavily congested; area is getting very saturated. I am assuming this new road will materialize.

4. Time cost - develop says completion in 2019. I'm not 100% firm on moving in at this point in time. Was looking for something to move in within the next 12-18 months and stumbled upon CG. If I stick to my initial plan and move in to my own prop in given timeline, I may consider my first home which is currently tenanted out. CG is honestly an investment-cum-own stay possibility.
time = risk.... market change and whether you will get it, there are projects abandoned before, or developer lower spec when time is bad and sales is poor

5. Density - 3 blocks (A, B, C); Block A is Rumah Mampu Milik (825 sqft, 490 units) and Block B + C (1,003 sqft, 490 units) totaling 980 units. That's quite high density, in an already highly saturated area. BUT- I am willing to accept this considering price factor.

so all in all.... its choice, talking to me too often wont be good. consider too many factor might lost chance !
lol