Author Topic: RE: Taxes  (Read 10801 times)

Offline ExplorerII

Re: RE: Taxes
« Reply #25 on: August 04, 2019, 07:17:33 AM »
For an extra fee, you can collect it in KL. Otherwise you need to go to KLIA. I suspect the actual value was written on the manifest so the SST amount is standard. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks but the watch is in penang.  What i would like to know is if poslaju can be trusted to handle this? The fee is rm50 so I can stomach it if it’s handled smoothly....

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
« Reply #26 on: August 04, 2019, 03:33:09 PM »
For an extra fee, you can collect it in KL. Otherwise you need to go to KLIA. I suspect the actual value was written on the manifest so the SST amount is standard. 

Thanks but the watch is in penang.  What i would like to know is if poslaju can be trusted to handle this? The fee is rm50 so I can stomach it if it’s handled smoothly....

Should be fine. They’ve handled millions of parcels before...

Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #27 on: July 05, 2022, 08:03:48 PM »
Folks sorry to revive this thread. Am going to buy another watch from japan. Can the sifus tell me if there has been an increase in tax? Still 5% ? Thanks!

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #28 on: July 06, 2022, 09:23:25 AM »
Reckon should still be at a rate of 5% , not tax but excise duty (goods + shipping price).

Offline revvd

• Freshie
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2022, 11:47:23 AM »
Still 5% when I bought 2021 Dec

Offline vinodh

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: July 08, 2022, 09:47:42 PM »
Still 5% x (Declare Value of Watch + Cost of Postage) as of 5th July.

Offline IamJacky

« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2022, 08:51:26 AM »
These are some really valuable information; I've always considered buying from Japan or overseas but was always worried about the customs and taxes.

I've never purchased a watch from overseas before, but have purchased rather expensive apparel (about MYR12,000) before, and what happened was that the seller shipped using EMS, and then I received a notice from Pos Laju telling me that I may appoint them to help me pay the tax and clear customs then deliver to me with a small service fee, OR, I could just go to KLIA and do it myself; I ended up going to KLIA and cleared the parcel on my own; was able to convince the customs officer that the jacket I purchased was actually MYR1,200 ,not MYR12,000 - they actually reluctantly agreed, and I got lucky and paid much less tax.

Offline vinodh

• Freshie
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2022, 09:08:49 AM »
I know you know this, but just in case. The 5% service tax is unique to watches. Watches have 0% import duty in Msia. For other goods, the import duty will vary.

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #33 on: July 15, 2022, 07:59:02 PM »
I know you know this, but just in case. The 5% service tax is unique to watches. Watches have 0% import duty in Msia. For other goods, the import duty will vary.
Yes thanks. Got taxed exactly in this manner with my new acquisition.