Author Topic: So, what's new?  (Read 9329 times)

Offline jf98

Re: So, what's new?
« Reply #50 on: September 01, 2022, 06:11:05 PM »
I'm loving the new Pelagos 39 just based on the press release pics and some wrist shots of those who managed to see it in person. Messaged my AD a few hours after the launch and they're saying it's gonna be a years wait. Already kinda put off hearing that  :-\ Anyone else inquired with their ADs regarding availability?

Offline dpkong

« Reply #51 on: September 02, 2022, 01:46:28 PM »
Or Tiffany Blue  :Laughing_on_floor:

you fancy becoming shark bait?

I'm loving the new Pelagos 39 just based on the press release pics and some wrist shots of those who managed to see it in person. Messaged my AD a few hours after the launch and they're saying it's gonna be a years wait. Already kinda put off hearing that  :-\ Anyone else inquired with their ADs regarding availability?

I believe all AD staff now are giving this same kind of answers to clients.. something to get you off their backs. With new releases, availability is uncertain at the moment.

Personally, not particularly interested as I much prefer the 42mm with date in blue

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #52 on: September 03, 2022, 08:08:31 AM »
It sure makes life way more interesting :Laughing_on_floor:

But hey, who am I kidding, closest I ever get to diving is a opening a web page on dive spots while wearing a diver watch.

Seems the whole inavailability drama of Tudor models is cranking way up again - a year for this new one now

Offline dpkong

« Reply #53 on: September 03, 2022, 10:36:44 AM »
It sure makes life way more interesting :Laughing_on_floor:

But hey, who am I kidding, closest I ever get to diving is a opening a web page on dive spots while wearing a diver watch.

Seems the whole inavailability drama of Tudor models is cranking way up again - a year for this new one now

most hype wear out pretty fast for Tudor..

even the Pelagos with date in blue took a few weeks to arrive so expect new releases to take a bit longer

no need to be the first kid on the block with the latest toy

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #54 on: September 03, 2022, 10:57:31 AM »
it does beg the question though - keep BB58 or switch to Pelagos 39? Hmmm...

Offline jf98

« Reply #55 on: September 03, 2022, 11:48:45 PM »
it does beg the question though - keep BB58 or switch to Pelagos 39? Hmmm...

Personally I would replace it with the Pelagos 39. To me, there's a few differences that warrant the switch. The new T-fit clasp will be a huge benefit when it comes to daily wearability for me. Being titanium it's also gonna feel much more comfortable on wrist since it's so much lighter. I also like the new sunray finished ceramic bezel and dial, will hold up to scratches better than the BB58 for sure.

The one disadvantage I can think of is that damn 21mm lug width. I don't understand what is with Tudor always having to screw up one aspect of a new release that is soo frustratingly simple to get right. Another thing is the increase in price compared to BB58 as well...although that is kinda expected since the Pelagos family has always sat at a higher price point than the Black Bay lineup.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #56 on: September 04, 2022, 01:52:53 PM »
21mm lug width? Ah crap, I missed that  :P . Ok, plan scrapped, sticking to the OG 58 then

Offline jf98

« Reply #57 on: September 04, 2022, 11:05:33 PM »
21mm lug width? Ah crap, I missed that  :P . Ok, plan scrapped, sticking to the OG 58 then

Hahahah  ;D

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #58 on: September 05, 2022, 07:52:14 PM »

hahaha that was a deal breaker...otherwise too many 20mm straps lying around...like me. LOL

Offline jf98

« Reply #59 on: September 05, 2022, 10:24:50 PM »
Any way to reduce the lug width down from 21 to 20 ah?  :Laughing_on_floor:

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #60 on: September 06, 2022, 11:13:58 AM »
@bulletnos: kan? kesian all the straps lying around  ;D

@jf98: if u find out share with me oso, useful knowledge this  :laugh: