Author Topic: Jaeger LeCultre  (Read 52149 times)

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
Re: Jaeger LeCultre
« Reply #50 on: February 10, 2012, 08:14:49 AM »
Most watches from manufactures will charge a minimum of 4 figures for service. Even TAGS and Omegas charge 4 figure for ETA servicing.
Porsche servicing can't possibly cost the same as for Proton...

I paid between RM2-3K for each service of JLC over the years but they do a great job with a warranty and if they like you, a premium gift upon its return :thumbsup:

servicing cost oso 4 figures onwards....  :Laughing_on_floor:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2012, 08:34:27 AM by JOS2012 »
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline j0shua

« Reply #51 on: February 10, 2012, 08:43:06 AM »
Would love an AMVOX but it kinda figures, they make transponders for all models except the one that I need. Also, there's a Reverso out there that was stolen off my dad in a robbery, perhaps I should inform the JLC service centre of the serial in case it pops in one day...

Offline shuriken

• Freshie
« Reply #52 on: February 14, 2012, 05:51:29 PM »
JLC makes great watches. Given their status, history and line of watches, I think their price is very competitive. As mentioned, locally the discount given to JLC pieces are not yet controlled. For their price, it is a great value compared to other watch brands which has similar complications.

I like JLC as it lower profile in a sense it is rarer locally and a fellow WIS will truly appreciate if you he spot you wearing one. :)

Initially, I thought JLC is old-fashion and only makes square watches but I was wrong until I saw their Master Calender, Tourbillion and DuoMetre in the boutique.

Just my 2 cents... :)

Offline gck

« Reply #53 on: February 21, 2012, 04:34:06 PM »
habis bump into this poison thread~~~~~~~~~~ :Praying:

Offline gloomis

« Reply #54 on: February 24, 2012, 04:43:14 AM »
JLC makes great watches. Given their status, history and line of watches

i fully agreed with this statement

Offline Meor72

• Freshie
« Reply #55 on: February 25, 2012, 06:57:01 PM »
Imbo, jlc is underrated in the list of 'manufacturers' of watch. Deserved more than the acclaim theyre currently getting. I think its the brand that has the most in house movement amongst all. Used to have an RDM but sold it in New York. Fond memories....
Meor

Offline Pierre

• Freshie
« Reply #56 on: March 02, 2012, 05:13:42 PM »
My next target watch! Great design and in house movement love them!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline IWCking

• I am poor but i am kind...
« Reply #57 on: March 22, 2012, 08:38:00 PM »
JLC probably makes more inhouse movements than the rest. Well, the argument always go both ways. Some people argue that if ETA can make good and reliable movement, why do we want to pay premium for inhouse movement? Beside, a lot of so called in house movements arent comparable with widely used ETA.

JLC is classic. I think you either love it or hate it. If not holding value is not an issue, JLC is probably a good choice, so as Zenith, IWC etc.
I am broke but I am happy...

Offline darrencw

« Reply #58 on: March 23, 2012, 12:32:25 AM »
JLC probably makes more inhouse movements than the rest. Well, the argument always go both ways. Some people argue that if ETA can make good and reliable movement, why do we want to pay premium for inhouse movement? Beside, a lot of so called in house movements arent comparable with widely used ETA.

JLC is classic. I think you either love it or hate it. If not holding value is not an issue, JLC is probably a good choice, so as Zenith, IWC etc.

certain brands that have a good history do in-house movements in their line. JLC for example, i don't think it's not comparable to ETAs. perhaps you are referring to makers who just came up with movements recent years?

Offline terrenceterrence

• scrapsofmylife
« Reply #59 on: March 23, 2012, 01:19:45 AM »

certain brands that have a good history do in-house movements in their line. JLC for example, i don't think it's not comparable to ETAs. perhaps you are referring to makers who just came up with movements recent years?

It's always good to be a "manufacturer" but contrary to popular beliefs, not all in-house are reliable and robust as a basic ETA calibre. It's just us wanting something different and bang for the buck. Not wanting to buy a 10k watch with the same innards as a 1k counterpart.
Better outrun my gun....faster than my bullet

Offline Angryrodent

« Reply #60 on: March 28, 2012, 11:13:13 AM »
if we wanted bang for the buck I dont think we had chosen this hobby  :Laughing_on_floor:
We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Offline JayJay

Re: Jaeger LeCoultre
« Reply #61 on: April 02, 2012, 06:24:57 PM »
JLC Is good brand reverso grande GMT would be a nice to have collection

:Jumping:
 :Jumping: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Offline khairain

• Freshie
« Reply #62 on: April 03, 2012, 08:40:35 PM »
I'm happy that few members in MWF are into JLC. I'm so into JLC...

Offline N4M3L355

« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2014, 11:07:57 AM »
Just wanna share mine  :Cheers:

Offline ikerhiro

« Reply #64 on: June 16, 2014, 02:28:45 PM »
Just wanna share mine  :Cheers:

I wish to get this watch!!!! I'm actually planning to get IWC at first, after I saw this model... It changed my mind!

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #65 on: July 11, 2014, 05:33:55 PM »
Will the real JLC ownders please stand up  :Dancing_banana: :Dancing_banana:

Ookok... stand up  ;D

These 2 photos found in my laptop.. took it sometimes back  ;)
front..

back..

Really like this model. walked into an ad yesterday and was told discontinued 2 years ago. True?

Offline JOS2012

• Global Moderator
« Reply #66 on: July 11, 2014, 10:09:29 PM »
The Reverso Grande GMT last appeared in the 2012 JLC catalogue but not in the 2013/2014.
JLC no longer produces 8-day hand wind calibres for Reversos,
Only Master Control range continues to have the 8-days.

Really like this model. walked into an ad yesterday and was told discontinued 2 years ago. True?
Personal taste and preferences evolve over years, hopefully not 1 full circle otherwise it means we haven't learnt a single thing.

Offline TimeKeeper

« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2014, 01:47:48 AM »
I bought this after a long toss up between a VC Overseas and this JLC..

Offline ExplorerII

« Reply #68 on: July 12, 2014, 07:54:59 AM »
The Reverso Grande GMT last appeared in the 2012 JLC catalogue but not in the 2013/2014.
JLC no longer produces 8-day hand wind calibres for Reversos,
Only Master Control range continues to have the 8-days.

Thanks for the confirmation. Looks like its going to be second hand when the time comes to pull the trigger on this model.

Offline Meor72

• Freshie
« Reply #69 on: October 19, 2014, 03:09:22 PM »
For me this is the most underrated watch of all. I had owned 3 so far (reverso duo, RDM and a Squadra). I sold all of them to finance the next one. My favourite is the RDM, so elegant but casual at the same time. This is the one that i regretted selling  :(
Meor

Offline N4M3L355

« Reply #70 on: October 20, 2014, 06:54:43 PM »
Agree that it is underrated  :Cheers:... Personally think that this brand is way better than those "commercialized" brands.

I was choosing between Calendar & RDM.. ended up getting a Geographic.

Offline SKy Lim

« Reply #71 on: April 13, 2015, 01:15:48 PM »
JLC are one of few true Swiss watch manufacturer that sticks to inhouse movements and pay attention to great details....probably many prefers a versatile or sporty watch to suit their lifestyles,as JLC designs are more conservative and classic and not everyone appreciate its

Offline Clicko

« Reply #72 on: April 13, 2015, 08:21:24 PM »
Should I say I have a MUT perpetual and now already thinking of another JLC beauty. Their watches are simply irresistible.

Offline Cocas

« Reply #73 on: September 23, 2016, 02:18:27 PM »
myself oso a big fans of JLC. too bad not many locals supporting this brand as the watch is quite expensive and no resell value.

"Quite expensive and no resell value" meaning the preowned price will be low too. Good news indeed  :Jumping::Jumping:

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #74 on: September 26, 2016, 11:40:23 AM »
For some reason, JLC's resale value is not as good as some brands. Eg: Rolex, PAM.

But JLC is called the watchmaker's watch. The movements are insanely good. The JLC 920 movement was and still is being used by Audemars Piguet and Vacheron.

Maybe their finishing is not as awesome as the holy trinity (including Lange). My Lange's finishing is so much more high quality above the JLCs I've held. But the Lange is also pricier by almost one half.

For midrange luxury though, the JLC is definitely a force to be reckoned with. Especially their Reverso line. Other companies tend to shy away from a rectangle shaped watch because the Reverso is just so dominant in it.
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1