Author Topic: Buying a watch from a Private Seller from Overseas  (Read 6486 times)

Offline dpkong

Re: Buying a watch from a Private Seller from Overseas
« Reply #25 on: November 24, 2020, 07:09:12 PM »

Either you've dealt with a really great seller or a really cool scammer.. either way, no one will really know.

Offline bulletnos

« Reply #26 on: November 24, 2020, 07:15:05 PM »
I'm just happy you have the option to get your money back...was reading this thread and had me feeling worried too lol

I've bought watches from overseas online before, best way to me is to use an escrow platform like Paypal via eBay...payment released to seller only upon confirmation of receipt by buyer...but that's just me.

Cheers

Offline dpkong

« Reply #27 on: November 24, 2020, 07:23:19 PM »
I'm just happy you have the option to get your money back...was reading this thread and had me feeling worried too lol

I've bought watches from overseas online before, best way to me is to use an escrow platform like Paypal via eBay...payment released to seller only upon confirmation of receipt by buyer...but that's just me.

Cheers

This is the recommended way to go for most situation unless you absolutely trust the seller. Does bring up the cost a bit significantly though.

Offline pleasuresaurus

« Reply #28 on: November 24, 2020, 07:36:35 PM »
Good to hear that OP gets to walk away unscathed. Which would be the better option though, ebay ka chrono24 ka chronext u guys reckon?

Offline tllee4567

• Freshie
« Reply #29 on: November 24, 2020, 07:56:14 PM »
Alright guys, just got off Whatsapp with seller.

It turns out, the TREEZOR is a sort of neo-bank, which is an on-line only bank that is supposed to be popular in Europe? The seller got the answer from his bank, the bank said they take SEPA wire while Maybank does SWIFT, bottom line is that this wire cannot go through.

So he told me to go to my bank and cancel this TT and get my money back. He said that he understands if I do not want to proceed with this deal, which I told him I appreciated his understanding.
He does however, suggest that he provided an established, physical bank account for the wire if I want to reconsider getting this watch. I told him that I want to see the funds back first then make a final decision.

So that's it, I already wrote email to the banker at Maybank to cancel this TT, hopefully I'll see my money back soon.

Thanks guys for all your inputs and wish-me-good-lucks, really appreciate all your insights!
Swift tt usually takes 3-5 days to reach the recipient’s bank as it need to go thru an intermediary bank depending on which currency. So it shud get credited today if there is no swift code error. So it’s really a blessing in disguise this error happened.

I would say the best way is to scrap the deal and get your money back. You will incur only Fx/fees and charges losses which is ok considering how this deal was showing plenty of red flags.

Anyway, the best way to do online deals is always follow this rule :- “Buy the Seller, not the Watch.”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline apache0909

• Freshie
« Reply #30 on: November 24, 2020, 08:08:38 PM »
Hi IamJacky. I would suggest the next time you buy something valueable through the internet, you can use international escrow service. Ive not used it before, but I think if the service is available between Malaysia and the country that youre dealing with, it would drastically reduce the risk rather than just relying solely on trust. Deals on the internet can turn sour very quickly.  If the seller is serious and sincere, I'm sure he will agree to it. Only thing is to agree on is who should bear the escrow fee. Just my two cents.

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #31 on: November 25, 2020, 07:00:35 AM »
Still wire money ?

French guy don’t have PayPal ?

Offline faizall

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2020, 08:21:53 PM »
I’ve been following this thread like a thriller movie in Netflix. Hope you got your money back OP and somehow i think the seller is pretty cool too. Wish u goodluck sir.