Author Topic: Watch Collection No.2 -> Citizen 'Pepsi' Diver NY2300-09L : bergkamp10  (Read 3113 times)

Offline bergkamp10

• Bergkamp10
This is a review on my Watch Collection No.2:

Citizen 200m Diver NY2300-09L

Watch Specifications

Brand: Citizen
Model No.: NY2300-09L
Origin: Japan
Date of Purchase: December 2010
Package: Box, Instruction Menu, 3 Years Warranty
Movement Type: Automatic
Display type: Analog
Water Resistant: 200m
Diameter: 41mm with crown (38mm without crown)
Case thickness: 10.5mm
Strap Width: 22mm

Pre-Purchase Evaluation

1. Beautiful Pepsi-color bezel
2. Classical and elegant look
3. Powered by Miyota 8200 21 jewels automatic movement
4. Movement can be hand wound
5. Affordable price for such a high quality timepiece
6. Made by Citizen Japan, a reliable & reputable watch-maker
7. Strong lume

Picture Gallery

Post-Purchase Evaluation

A good quality timepiece at a affordable price, Citizen 200m Diver NY2300 should be in everyone affordable wishlist. It is a diver with the look of a classical and elegant watch.

Most watch enthusiastic would prefer the Seiko Skx007 or 009 over this. Without doubt, the Seiko are a little better in terms of build quality, bigger in size & has a more aggressive diver look. But Citizen Ny2300 make up on this by offering a cheaper price and a more classy looking dial compare to Seiko. It sits smaller and comfortable on your wrist compare to the bigger & aggressive looking Seiko, which is a little too loud for my liking. The watch was intentionally bought as a dress watch as oppose to a diving watch, so the classical and elegant dial and the smaller size is preferred. The Pepsi color scheme is a added-bonus where it can be worn to match a more colorful dressing on certain occasion.

With the cheaper price tag and the more classical and elegant look, my vote goes to Citizen NY2300 for a Pepsi diver.

For more pictures: http://bergkamp10watchsite.wordpress.com/2011/03/06/citizen-200m-diver-ny2300-09l/
« Last Edit: December 12, 2011, 06:53:01 PM by bergkamp10 »

Bergkamp10,

A watch maker in disguise,

A football brain equivalent to the making of a timepiece

http://howtobuildawatchcollection.wordpress.com