Author Topic: Devon Tread 1  (Read 5332 times)

Offline HusH

Devon Tread 1
« on: September 09, 2010, 10:08:28 PM »
Not your typical watch. But very cool!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwfkDZSLPt8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Az1SqX3Bqdc&NR=1&feature=fvwp

Offline takashi78

Re: Devon Tread 1
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2010, 09:08:30 AM »
That watch is HUGE !

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2010, 10:07:23 AM »
I think it's a monstrosity  :o.

Offline JPSP

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2010, 05:10:10 AM »
my friend is collecting his on 4 or 7 Oct...price of the watch is US$15k...he'll be amongst the 1st 3 owners in Singapore who will receive the watch on the launch day. Brad Pitt will be the ambassador for this brand and he'll also be given the watch on that day (so i heard).

This is an "electro-mechanical" watch because it's no mainspring and uses a rechargeable battery to run the escapement. We can't classify it as a quartz watch because of the the make and parts (pulley system and all). The battery can be charged remotely using a charger that transmit electro-magnetic fields within 5ft radius. i suspect this may be the new thrend/evolution of the watch industry as supply of ETAs diminishes. Watchmakers are either producing their own movements or use new technology to make new watches. I like the bullet proof crystal..that's cool!

The americans are catching up with watchmaking...they took slightly more than a year to develop the "pulley" system and it took Tag Heuer 3-4 years to deliver their Monaco V4.   
« Last Edit: September 11, 2010, 05:30:02 AM by JPSP »

Offline danny

• Administrator
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2010, 11:32:37 AM »
my friend is collecting his on 4 or 7 Oct...price of the watch is US$15k...he'll be amongst the 1st 3 owners in Singapore who will receive the watch on the launch day. Brad Pitt will be the ambassador for this brand and he'll also be given the watch on that day (so i heard).

This is an "electro-mechanical" watch because it's no mainspring and uses a rechargeable battery to run the escapement. We can't classify it as a quartz watch because of the the make and parts (pulley system and all). The battery can be charged remotely using a charger that transmit electro-magnetic fields within 5ft radius. i suspect this may be the new thrend/evolution of the watch industry as supply of ETAs diminishes. Watchmakers are either producing their own movements or use new technology to make new watches. I like the bullet proof crystal..that's cool!

The americans are catching up with watchmaking...they took slightly more than a year to develop the "pulley" system and it took Tag Heuer 3-4 years to deliver their Monaco V4.   

Great info James. Thanks for sharing. It's encouraging to hear that ETA's move to squeeze mechanical movement supply is finally spurring more innovation amongst the younger brands.
I'm sure your friend must be very proud to be one of the 1st 3 owners in Singapore. Do post some pics here.

:Cheers: