Author Topic: Steinhart Watches  (Read 26582 times)

Offline beginner

• Freshie
Steinhart Watches
« on: November 11, 2013, 11:05:05 AM »
Not sure if there's any Steinhart owner here...thought of posting this as a start. I like it due to its affordability and quality, so far I have 2 in my collection and on/off will login into their website to look at their Special / Limited Edition.

Here are my collection:

Nav B-Uhr 44 Automatic A-Type

Marine Chronometer Bronze Edition

Happy sharing  :thumbsup:

Offline TJWN

• Global Moderator
Re: Steinhart Watches
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2013, 01:40:27 PM »
Does the chronometer comes with regulated movement passes the cosc test? Or it's just the model name?

Steinhart watches very affordable yet u get the famous design, cannot comment on quality as I don't own one. The brand itself lack of identity they don't have a model that pays original tribute to the brand I believe this is due to the very realistic reason being they would like to capture all different liking customer.

Offline beginner

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2013, 02:23:24 PM »
No COSC .....this is just the model name.

Offline JayJay

« Reply #3 on: November 14, 2013, 10:16:59 AM »
Nice bronze casing,
Can see more photo shoot?

Where you get it

Offline shahkl2u

• Freshie
« Reply #4 on: November 17, 2013, 07:54:40 AM »
They are good watch...I have two steinhart a pilot and dlc diver. Sadly after few month lost interest sell both of them...maybe future will get them back... ;D

« Last Edit: November 17, 2013, 08:03:57 AM by shahkl2u »

Offline Won Bin

• Freshie
« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2014, 07:51:38 AM »
I had see a lot of watch from this brand in the resales market.

like the diver watch from this brand....might get one in the future.

Spot on a 1000m steinhart watch.......hope can close the deal very soon.......

Nice watch bro.....
Dream list
-Rolex 6694 Full Set

Offline MCCL88

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: February 09, 2014, 09:56:52 AM »
I have one OVM.  :laugh

Offline techqz

« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2014, 12:49:22 PM »
I acquire the Steinhart Ocean Black DLC about a year ago - the website mentioned this model has ETA 2824-2 elabore movement - keeping time very well +/- 3 seconds daily. The DLC is still scratchless and prestined. The only issue is the bracelet do not close properly (i.e. curvature of the clasp seem too shallow) but I manage to correct it with some wooden clamps. Overall the watch sit low on the wrist and comfortable. A good value buy for a 300m diver and I love the DLC.

Offline istick99

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2014, 06:37:20 AM »
Hi bro, nice watches got there, right choice u made. i m having deep interest on this brand Steinhart watches. mind to share out how did u proceed with online purchase? and did u imposed of VAT tax on that or malaysia Custom duty? Lastly how long they take to reach ur door step from the day u place in ur order? thks bro

Offline D'Andy

• Success. It's a mind game.
« Reply #9 on: March 23, 2014, 01:46:01 PM »
Hi bro, nice watches got there, right choice u made. i m having deep interest on this brand Steinhart watches. mind to share out how did u proceed with online purchase? and did u imposed of VAT tax on that or malaysia Custom duty? Lastly how long they take to reach ur door step from the day u place in ur order? thks bro

Hi Beginner, mind sharing some thoughts to the questions as posed by Istick99. I am also interested to get a piece of two from Steinhart through its online website and would love to know if custom was an issue. I know that watches are supposed to be tax-free, right? Cheers.
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Rolex | Omega | Bell & Ross | Panerai | Seiko | G-Shock |

Offline watchmanu

« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2014, 12:35:48 AM »

Hi Beginner, mind sharing some thoughts to the questions as posed by Istick99. I am also interested to get a piece of two from Steinhart through its online website and would love to know if custom was an issue. I know that watches are supposed to be tax-free, right? Cheers.

Istick99 and Andy,

No VAT apply on your steinhart watch purchase since Malaysia is not in EU country zone.
No custom tax apply on import watch in Malaysia during my time purchased steinhart watch.
watchManU

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2014, 09:02:03 AM »
Istick99 and Andy,

No VAT apply on your steinhart watch purchase since Malaysia is not in EU country zone.
No custom tax apply on import watch in Malaysia during my time purchased steinhart watch.

Thanks so much, Watchmanu. Already placed my order but it's on back-order so just have to count the seconds...
Watch hobbyist @ andywristwatches.blogspot.com. Current faves in my collection :

Offline mike

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2014, 10:39:14 PM »
Hi, thinking about getting my first german piece, and Steinhart would be my first choice as the design is really beautiful, uses ETA movement which are pretty accurate and the brand has built themselves quite a name.
Question here is:
i) which online sellers offers the best price for Steinhart?
ii) is it possible for me to get my hands on the piece anywhere in Malaysia?
iii) how is the quality of the watch like?
Advises are much appreciated, thanks! :thumbsup:

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #13 on: April 14, 2014, 09:19:40 AM »
Hi, thinking about getting my first german piece, and Steinhart would be my first choice as the design is really beautiful, uses ETA movement which are pretty accurate and the brand has built themselves quite a name.
Question here is:
i) which online sellers offers the best price for Steinhart?
ii) is it possible for me to get my hands on the piece anywhere in Malaysia?
iii) how is the quality of the watch like?
Advises are much appreciated, thanks! :thumbsup:

Hi, I went through the points that you are pondering at the moment. There's no AD here in Malaysia, the closest being in Singapore but they have most of the pieces out of stock and on back-order only. To get them in Malaysia, you could only get any that comes out in the secondary market but they get flipped off relatively quickly so you must be real fast. My order from Steinhart Germany should be arriving vide FedEx today so I could comment more thereafter; or you could check for updates at my blog. I've been waiting for a while though and perhaps due to them being a smaller outfit or overwhelmed with orders, the customer services may take a bit of time in clarifications vide e-mails.

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #14 on: April 14, 2014, 01:55:43 PM »
FedEx came for a drop-by today...  :Dancing_banana:

Offline mike

« Reply #15 on: April 14, 2014, 02:35:58 PM »
what a beautiful piece.. congratulations! wear it in good health!
anyway, did you purchase it directly from Steinhart's online store?
and how long does it takes to deliver?

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #16 on: April 14, 2014, 02:40:55 PM »
what a beautiful piece.. congratulations! wear it in good health!
anyway, did you purchase it directly from Steinhart's online store?
and how long does it takes to deliver?

Thanks and yes, I bought it online and waited for more than 3 weeks. That was considered fast as the Ocean Forty-Four was just in stock when I ordered. Also wanted another piece but that was on pre-order so still waiting.

Offline Centromt

« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2014, 07:26:21 PM »
Can I ask how to you guys manage servicing for Steinhart watches given there's no official presence in MY?

I'm keen on the Ocean One DLC.....

Offline mike

« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2014, 07:41:23 PM »
Can I ask how to you guys manage servicing for Steinhart watches given there's no official presence in MY?

Steinhart uses mostly ETA movements which is widely recognised by many, so you can actually send them to any service centres and maybe even Swatch group as ETA is a company under Swatch group.

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2014, 07:31:33 AM »

Steinhart uses mostly ETA movements which is widely recognised by many, so you can actually send them to any service centres and maybe even Swatch group as ETA is a company under Swatch group.
Swatch Group is only working on brands that they owned.

Offline chrisyen

• Global Moderator
« Reply #20 on: May 22, 2014, 09:57:44 AM »
agreed with CK

watchmaker can service the watch replace movement parts for eta movement watches

but how about watch parts?

the bracelet, the case, the crown, the bezel, the case back, the pusher...

so hope u guys clear !

Offline Centromt

« Reply #21 on: May 28, 2014, 09:28:41 AM »
Thanks.

I was thinking I had to either make a trip to SG twice for a single service or 3rd party servicing (which usually isn't my cup of tea).

I personally think now is the time to get Steinhart...ETA might withdraw anytime now....you reckon?

Offline D'Andy

« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2014, 01:49:46 PM »
I've always been a fan of Stenhart after getting the "Teutonic DSSD" and believe me when I say that it generates a fair bit of attention. I travel every month and am used to sitting beside fellow passengers with PP, AP, Rolex, etc and quite a few have taken an interest on the Steinhart after I started wearing it. At least one has ordered it online to complement his Rolex DSSD and wrote to me about it. Steinhart represents very good value-for-monies and you are getting a lot of watch for the price that you are paying. Live life a little and just get your hands on the Steinhart that you so fancy!

(Having said that, I am still getting my Rolex DSSD when the right time comes :Cheers: )

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #23 on: March 02, 2015, 11:49:42 AM »
I just picked up a Steinhart OVR 2 a week back. I've been wearing it for a week now, and can safely say that I do like it very much. My only complaint is the clasp which feels rather hollow, and is just a little bit harder to remove. Otherwise, it is just about perfect.

Offline treason

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2015, 02:55:41 PM »
I just picked up a Steinhart OVR 2 a week back. I've been wearing it for a week now, and can safely say that I do like it very much. My only complaint is the clasp which feels rather hollow, and is just a little bit harder to remove. Otherwise, it is just about perfect.

Nice one bro! I can totally imagine that with a nice tan distressed leather strap!