Author Topic: "My watch" moment  (Read 14511 times)

Offline kamalys

• Freshie
  • What you do today echoes in eternity
"My watch" moment
« on: May 01, 2012, 03:47:33 PM »
Hi!

Maybe someone could share their watch experience? How to you describe that moment and make the watch even more valuable to you?

I don't own many watches. Just one Omega Seamaster Co-Axial and i am having a great time with it. But nothing memorable moment so far.

TQ
What you do today echoes in eternity

Offline Laktos Kid

Re: "My watch" moment
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2012, 07:25:15 PM »
which moment ? when browsing through the web searching for the information or inspecting the watch at the watchshop ? ;D

Offline kamalys

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2012, 07:32:02 PM »
err, I was thinking along the line where the cute girl said to you " Nice watch bro! you seems like a nice guy (but actually she meant rich). Mind if i join you?" That kind of moment! hahah!

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2012, 08:19:20 PM »
owh i see.... hahaha~ now i get what u mean  :Laughing_on_floor:
well, no girls ever came up to me and say "wow nice watch" as i only have casio, seiko watch  :Confused: no pam, rollie, tag though. But every time when my friends or other ppl say "nice watch, can i have a look at it" i feel proud  ;D

Offline Watchnewby

« Reply #4 on: May 03, 2012, 08:34:30 AM »
Hi!

Maybe someone could share their watch experience? How to you describe that moment and make the watch even more valuable to you?

I don't own many watches. Just one Omega Seamaster Co-Axial and i am having a great time with it. But nothing memorable moment so far.

TQ

I was admired for my Seiko' s military watch by a "leng lui" saying "what a nice watch you have there. Can I see it closely?"
Well, the feeling I get is "Wah! Seiko also want to see, ar? It's not a Rollie or Pam or a PP but my daily beater, Seiko.

Then, the other day, I was wearing my Swatch dive watch (got this donkey years ago, now no more in production) and was at a cafe in SS2, PJ. A group of youngster came over and admired my Swatch. One of them said, "Hey, Uncle, cool watch there! Can see in the dark summore", another one" Must be expensive one", and another asked "How much is the watch and where to get,ar?"
I was laughing in my heart, as the cafe ambience is dimlit lit and my lume is still as bright as ever (for a 20 year old watch). I answered them that this is an old watch by Swatch and probably the newer edtion has many more improvements compared to what I had.

Offline swleong

« Reply #5 on: May 03, 2012, 09:13:15 AM »
Many times, people stand/sit near me will stare at my 11 year-old Tag Heuer Formula 1 Kirium dial, then use their fingers to tap on the sapphire glass surface, and amazed that, "WOW, I thought your watch got no glass".

Nice AR coating jobs i suppose... :thumbsup:

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #6 on: May 03, 2012, 10:08:19 AM »
Hi!

TQ

I was admired for my Seiko' s military watch by a "leng lui" saying "what a nice watch you have there. Can I see it closely?"
Well, the feeling I get is "Wah! Seiko also want to see, ar? It's not a Rollie or Pam or a PP but my daily beater, Seiko.

Then, the other day, I was wearing my Swatch dive watch (got this donkey years ago, now no more in production) and was at a cafe in SS2, PJ. A group of youngster came over and admired my Swatch. One of them said, "Hey, Uncle, cool watch there! Can see in the dark summore", another one" Must be expensive one", and another asked "How much is the watch and where to get,ar?"
I was laughing in my heart, as the cafe ambience is dimlit lit and my lume is still as bright as ever (for a 20 year old watch). I answered them that this is an old watch by Swatch and probably the newer edtion has many more improvements compared to what I had.

all my friends know about brands are ROLEX and TAG HEUER.... if you give them a Richard Millie they might ask you what's wrong with the case  :Confused:

Offline ivanpei

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2012, 12:27:56 PM »
Haha mine is not that dramatic. You know the nasi campur style kopitiams where they charge whatever depending on their mood? I used to get charged rm 6-8 for a normal lunch when I was wearing a crappy watch. Ever since I started wearing my Omega SMP Chronodiver, I noticed that they charge me 8-10 d for the same thing!  :Mad: :Mad: :Mad:

I got no leng lui story, sorry :(

Maybe if I go to a thai club I might get more attention lar, but so far haven't try yet. Hahaha.

Offline kamalys

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: May 04, 2012, 09:50:46 AM »
Wow! thanks for sharing! I guess watch and handphone (and handbags for ladies) were part of our memorable moment. Just that, we didn't noticed until the items became the topic of the conversation.

Offline khanwooi

• Anything, Just About Watch Knowledge
    • Vostok Russia Watches
« Reply #9 on: May 04, 2012, 12:14:19 PM »
yea for guys, normally watch will be the item represent their status,
when guy see guys, there few thing they observer, watch, shoes, car, sun glasses ,, heheheh
so as girls, cloth and hangbags,

i believe there is group of girls now running MBF (malaysia Bag Forum) hehehe

My watch moment is i want my watch to be unique,
my first watch was tissot PRC200, i like it so much, so as my wife, but what make me crazy, everwhere i go, i saw few fela, wearing the same watch as me, really make me mad, but my wife force me wear it. aargghh,
so from that moment i will go for unique, that my watch..
Khan Wooi

Offline Laktos Kid

« Reply #10 on: May 04, 2012, 10:20:23 PM »
yea for guys, normally watch will be the item represent their status,
when guy see guys, there few thing they observer, watch, shoes, car, sun glasses ,, heheheh
so as girls, cloth and hangbags,

i believe there is group of girls now running MBF (malaysia Bag Forum) hehehe

My watch moment is i want my watch to be unique,
my first watch was tissot PRC200, i like it so much, so as my wife, but what make me crazy, everwhere i go, i saw few fela, wearing the same watch as me, really make me mad, but my wife force me wear it. aargghh,
so from that moment i will go for unique, that my watch..

agree with you that wherever you go you see others wearing the same watch as yours...that awkward moment :HammerHead: now i try to find those brands that do not advertise in newspaper etc.

Offline kamalys

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2012, 12:11:40 AM »
How would rolex owner feels when he/she saw someone wearing the same rolex? Would that be awkward or would that be proud of themselves on their achievement?

Offline khanwooi

• Anything, Just About Watch Knowledge
    • Vostok Russia Watches
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2012, 08:42:25 AM »
How would rolex owner feels when he/she saw someone wearing the same rolex? Would that be awkward or would that be proud of themselves on their achievement?

for rolex and pam, is very rare, i think the feeling is something like " hey we same gang!!!"
but for those common brand, that feeling will appear sudden.. hehehe
but should feel happy cos there many wearing it mean that watch is attracted many owner,
should keep positive mind and wear for good.

it better dont compare wear with your own style and it show your character
Khan Wooi

Offline Mandy

• Freshie
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2012, 01:23:30 PM »
Bird of a feather....

Sama sama...

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2012, 01:38:58 PM »
I dont think there is much of a feeling.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline ancs88

• Alan
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2012, 04:12:40 PM »
Nothing much except "shiok" sendiri moment.

Offline Pajero

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2012, 01:19:37 PM »
when i stare at my watch for ten seconds, admiring its beauty and forgetting to read the time. I had to relook at my watch after that to read the time.

Offline kamalys

• Freshie
« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2012, 09:14:19 PM »
when i stare at my watch for ten seconds, admiring its beauty and forgetting to read the time. I had to relook at my watch after that to read the time.

Hahah! Nice 'moment' bro!

Offline sshark

« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2012, 04:41:30 PM »
So far only 2 comments actually 1, same comments. "Very nice strap la".. the strap was attached to my PAM.. and not a word about my PAM  ...deng... hahhahah

Offline kamalys

• Freshie
« Reply #19 on: May 14, 2012, 09:32:32 PM »
So far only 2 comments actually 1, same comments. "Very nice strap la".. the strap was attached to my PAM.. and not a word about my PAM  ...deng... hahhahah

Wah... the strap is more eye-catching than the PAM? interesting eehh..

Offline Plankton-IkanBilis

« Reply #20 on: May 14, 2012, 09:59:56 PM »

My watch moment, or the lack of it...

Happened sometime in 1992 or 1993...the first so called proper watch I bought was a Camel Adventure or was it Camel Trophy (a quartz piece that looked like a Tag Hauer Link)...I was bloody proud of it, got it for RM180 in Sungai Wang...

...after months and even years of parading it to friends and family...I noticed that no one gave it a second look except for some token compliments...

...eventually realised that I had a lot to learn about watches!!!

Offline joskovic

« Reply #21 on: May 15, 2012, 01:08:34 PM »
i got my 1st PAM from an overseas AD. and of coz, i'm so in love with it that it nvr leave my wrist. during my flight back with Thai Airways, i heard some nice thai songs. i patiently waited for the air stewardess to pass by my seat and asked her for the singer's name or title of the song. after listening to the song, she replied 'i will tell the name if you give me your watch'. i gave her a smile, and she said 'nice watch'

Offline sshark

« Reply #22 on: May 15, 2012, 03:20:16 PM »
the air stewardess was flirting with ur watch :)

Offline dpkong

« Reply #23 on: May 15, 2012, 07:33:30 PM »
i got my 1st PAM from an overseas AD. and of coz, i'm so in love with it that it nvr leave my wrist. during my flight back with Thai Airways, i heard some nice thai songs. i patiently waited for the air stewardess to pass by my seat and asked her for the singer's name or title of the song. after listening to the song, she replied 'i will tell the name if you give me your watch'. i gave her a smile, and she said 'nice watch'

smile only?? i would have said "give me your phone number and we can go shopping for one..."

Offline joskovic

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2012, 06:09:34 PM »

smile only?? i would have said "give me your phone number and we can go shopping for one..."

it'll be wonderful isn't it? ...unfortunately, my wife was right next to me n we were on our way back fr our honeymoon :Laughing_on_floor: