Author Topic: 14060  (Read 14874 times)

Offline billyhii8505

• Freshie
« on: October 18, 2017, 04:39:23 PM »
Hi All,

Dont know if this has been covered on here but here is some interesting information which could be useful on the much loved iconic Rolex Submariner 14060 & 14060M "None Date"

Make: ROLEX
Model: SUBMARINER
Model: 14060 (M)
Year: 1990 - 2012
Case: 39.5 mm
Dial: BLACK
Movement: 3000/3130
WR: 300m

39.5 mm stainless steel case with polished sides and brushed upper. Rolex Triplock screwed down crown. Water resistant to a depth of 300m (1000ft). Model number located between the lugs at 12 o’clock. Serial number located between the lugs at 6 o’clock. Black dial with unidirectional black aluminium divers bezel. Sapphire crystal. Rolex calibre 3000 automatic movement with 31 jewels. Fully brushed Rolex Oyster bracelet with pressed stainless steel folding clasp and divers extension

In 1998 the 14060 became the 14060M and the movement was upgraded to the Rolex calibre 3130. In 1999 the dial of the 14060M Submariner changed from Tritium to Luminova. In 2007 the 14060M became a certified chronometer and extra text was added to the dial sometimes referred to as COSC, or 4 line, From 2007 the 14060M Submariner was produced with an engraved inner rehault.

BICCHIERINI

1988 - 1999
Serial E, N, X, C, S, W, T, U
Calibre 3000
Lug Holes
Tritium Dial
Two Line Dial
SWISS-T<25
Flat Four Bezel
93150 Bracelet

LUMI DIAL

2000 - 2008
Serial P, K, Y, F, D
14060M
Calibre 3130
Lug Holes
Superluminova Dial
Two Line Dial
SWISS MADE
Slim Four Bezel
93150 Bracelet

REHAUT RRR

2008 - 2010
Serial Z, M,V,G, random
14060M
Calibre 3130
Lug Holes
Superluminova Dial
Four Line "Chronometer Certified" Dial
SWISS MADE
Slim Four Bezel
93150 Bracelet
Personalised Rehaut RRR

Other Information

The Triplelock crown is physically larger than the Twinlock, there is also four separate rubber gaskets as apposed to the two in the Twinlock crown, This is the major factor difference in allowing the Triplelock to be water resistant to a deeper depth, The Triplelock crown is identified by three separate dots beneath the Rolex coronet on the winding crown.

Both the Rolex Submariner 14060 to 14060M... 93150 Bracelets do not have SEL "Sold End Links" or solid center links for this matter,

Cheers
Billy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
Re: 14060
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2017, 08:18:30 AM »
Good shortcut to a wealth of information about the 14060. Tq for sharing.

Offline hazwan

• Freshie
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2017, 09:49:44 AM »
Hi All,

Dont know if this has been covered on here but here is some interesting information which could be useful on the much loved iconic Rolex Submariner 14060 & 14060M "None Date"

39.5 mm stainless steel case with polished sides and brushed upper. Rolex Triplock screwed down crown. Water resistant to a depth of 300m (1000ft). Model number located between the lugs at 12 o’clock. Serial number located between the lugs at 6 o’clock. Black dial with unidirectional black aluminium divers bezel. Sapphire crystal. Rolex calibre 3000 automatic movement with 31 jewels. Fully brushed Rolex Oyster bracelet with pressed stainless steel folding clasp and divers extension

In 1998 the 14060 became the 14060M and the movement was upgraded to the Rolex calibre 3130. In 1999 the dial of the 14060M Submariner changed from Tritium to Luminova. In 2007 the 14060M became a certified chronometer and extra text was added to the dial sometimes referred to as COSC, or 4 line, From 2007 the 14060M Submariner was produced with an engraved inner rehault.

BICCHIERINI

1988 - 1999
Calibre 3000
Lug Holes
Tritium Dial
Two Line Dial
SWISS-T<25
Flat Four Bezel
93150 Bracelet

LUMI DIAL

2000 - 2008
Serial P, K, Y, F, D
14060M
Calibre 3130
Lug Holes
Superluminova Dial
Two Line Dial
SWISS MADE
Slim Four Bezel
93150 Bracelet

REHAUT RRR

2008 - 2010
Serial Z, M,V,G, random
14060M
Calibre 3130
Lug Holes
Superluminova Dial
SWISS MADE
Slim Four Bezel
93150 Bracelet
Personalised Rehaut RRR

Other Information

The Triplelock crown is physically larger than the Twinlock, there is also four separate rubber gaskets as apposed to the two in the Twinlock crown, This is the major factor difference in allowing the Triplelock to be water resistant to a deeper depth, The Triplelock crown is identified by three separate dots beneath the Rolex coronet on the winding crown.

Both the Rolex Submariner 14060 to 14060M... 93150 Bracelets do not have SEL "Sold End Links" or solid center links for this matter,

Cheers
Billy

Very good information Billy. Rolex Submariner keeps on evolving through time.

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2017, 12:09:24 PM »
Some case size comparison between 14060 and 114060:

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2017, 04:02:04 PM »
Thanks for putting up all the information in a page. Excellent.

~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline ck77

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2017, 04:16:04 PM »
Great write up.
Just little comment, that’s no sub none date, but sub and sub date.
Flat four bezel only on certain serial i think

Offline billyhii8505

• Freshie
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2017, 08:02:12 PM »
Some case size comparison between 14060 and 114060:

Nice catch bro~ thanks for sharing your photos

Offline billyhii8505

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2017, 08:04:49 PM »
Great write up.

Yes bro, I'm not sure about sub date but flat 4 for sub no date apply till late 90's for my knowledge

Offline billyhii8505

• Freshie
« Reply #8 on: October 20, 2017, 08:06:10 PM »
Thanks for putting up all the information in a page. Excellent.

Thanks for spending time to read my post 

Offline billyhii8505

• Freshie
« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2017, 08:06:59 PM »
Good shortcut to a wealth of information about the 14060. Tq for sharing.

Thanks for reading my post bro, hope you all like it

Offline billyhii8505

• Freshie
« Reply #10 on: October 20, 2017, 08:10:03 PM »
Hi All,

BICCHIERINI

1988 - 1999
Calibre 3000
Lug Holes
Tritium Dial
Two Line Dial
SWISS-T<25
Flat Four Bezel
93150 Bracelet

LUMI DIAL

2000 - 2008
Serial P, K, Y, F, D
14060M
Calibre 3130
Lug Holes
Superluminova Dial
Two Line Dial
SWISS MADE
Slim Four Bezel
93150 Bracelet

REHAUT RRR

2008 - 2010
Serial Z, M,V,G, random
14060M
Calibre 3130
Lug Holes
Superluminova Dial
SWISS MADE
Slim Four Bezel
93150 Bracelet
Personalised Rehaut RRR

Other Information

Cheers
Billy

Very good information Billy. Rolex Submariner keeps on evolving through time.

Ya bro, I'm still a beginner in rolex~ hope to know more about this beautiful model

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #11 on: October 20, 2017, 08:28:14 PM »
Great write up.

That's true. Its only Submariner or Submariner Date.
I don't know why most people call it Submariner No Date here in ASIA. Even at the AD. I once asked for a Submariner. The sales assistant told me "No stock". Then I reinstate that i wanted Submariner NO DATE. Then she went to check at the back and bring for me.
~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline yehlai

« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2017, 11:27:02 AM »
14060 and 14060M Green lume
114060 blue lume

14060M late batch have parachrome blue

I miss the green organic-ish

Always prefer Submariner over the Submariner date

Offline squasub

« Reply #13 on: October 21, 2017, 12:32:15 PM »
Great write up.

I don't know why most people call it Submariner No Date here in ASIA. Even at the AD. I once asked for a Submariner. The sales assistant told me "No stock". Then I reinstate that i wanted Submariner NO DATE. Then she went to check at the back and bring for me.

They need to learn more ;D (joking). I think maybe for them submariner always with date, they dont know that original sub was without the date function.

Offline hazwan

• Freshie
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2017, 10:27:18 AM »
Great write up.

They need to learn more ;D (joking). I think maybe for them submariner always with date, they dont know that original sub was without the date function.
Haha. Couldn’t agree more. The sales person should revisit Rolex Sub timeline and understand how the model evolved through time

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #15 on: October 22, 2017, 10:41:07 AM »
Great write up.

Haha. Couldn’t agree more. The sales person should revisit Rolex Sub timeline and understand how the model evolved through time

i am a purist.  :HammerHead: if i wanted to get a black bezel Submariner, it has to be without date. If I wanted a Submariner Date, then i will get the 2-tone LB or the SS LV. that's just me.  :P
~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline hazwan

• Freshie
« Reply #16 on: October 22, 2017, 02:11:50 PM »
Great write up.

i am a purist.  :HammerHead: if i wanted to get a black bezel Submariner, it has to be without date. If I wanted a Submariner Date, then i will get the 2-tone LB or the SS LV. that's just me.  :P
Classic model is the way to go !

Offline billyhii8505

• Freshie
« Reply #17 on: October 22, 2017, 08:57:50 PM »
Great write up.

Agree with you sir, I won't go for sub date in black too, only LB or LV

Offline billyhii8505

• Freshie
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2017, 08:59:00 PM »
Great write up.

Classic model is the way to go !

Classic always rocks

Offline billyhii8505

• Freshie
« Reply #19 on: October 22, 2017, 08:59:49 PM »
Great write up.

We have been educated wrongly by those sales person in Asia

Offline billyhii8505

• Freshie
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2017, 09:01:06 PM »
Great write up.

I learn from mistake as the sales person here educated us in this way

Offline psychokandy

« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2017, 09:17:40 PM »
Excellent Sub collection there mate  :thumbsup:
~Crown, Rose & Shield~

Offline billyhii8505

• Freshie
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2017, 10:19:03 AM »
Excellent Sub collection there mate  :thumbsup:

Thanks mate

Offline hazwan

• Freshie
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2017, 12:39:11 PM »
Great write up.

We have been educated wrongly by those sales person in Asia

From my logic and sales perspective probably it’s easier to recognize the model according to date and no date tagline. Hence less communication required between the customer and the sales person.

However, people who passionate about the watch will definitely appreciate the history

Offline CKL1213

« Reply #24 on: October 24, 2017, 09:16:09 AM »
In Rolex terms:

Submariner Oyster Perpetual
Submariner Oyster Perpetual Date

In Malaysia terms:

Sub
no date Sub