Author Topic: (Seiko Grand seiko) or (Grand seiko)  (Read 6124 times)

Offline dexson

(Seiko Grand seiko) or (Grand seiko)
« on: September 27, 2017, 08:44:00 PM »
Dear MWF...

Have been longing for a GS a long time...

Went to Watatime to have a closer look at the divers.. And are indecisive between this two...

Basically they are both same spring drive movement.. With GS being titanium and Seiko GS being stainless steel.. The dail remain the same for both with just the wordings differs.

The GS is a 2017 newly launched model whereas the seiko GS has been around since 2009 according to the AD.

Your kind input will be much appreciated!

Best regards,
Dex

Sent from my HUAWEI NXT-L29 using Tapatalk

Offline spacewalker

Re: (Seiko Grand seiko) or (Grand seiko)
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2017, 09:57:29 PM »
What is actually makes you have a second thought? The material? Dial Design? For me, the absence of word SEIKO on the dial for all those latest GS collection is a bit bugging me. I still like the old dial design. SS is a bit heavy compare to titanium but easily to polish if got scratch.

Offline dexson

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2017, 02:14:25 PM »
What is actually makes you have a second thought? The material? Dial Design? For me, the absence of word SEIKO on the dial for all those latest GS collection is a bit bugging me. I still like the old dial design. SS is a bit heavy compare to titanium but easily to polish if got scratch.

My second thought is really the Seiko Grand seiko logo, or just the GS logo  :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline Kesharoo

« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2017, 02:45:05 PM »
I will go for the titanium and gold GS, all things being equal.... it looks better IMO.

good luck deciding.

Offline squasub

« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2017, 03:06:13 PM »
Some people said the old dial is a bit cluttered with redundant seiko logo then again GS logo below. some prefer stainless steel as its shinier and easier to polish and also heftier feeling. its really depends on what u prefer and if the 6k difference is worth it..

Offline r3kahsttub

• Awake, but asleep
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2017, 03:19:23 PM »
Prefer dial of GS over S-GS, but I personally am not a fan of the super light titanium GS. Its very nice no doubt, but I prefer some heft on my wrist.

Offline yehlai

« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2017, 10:15:38 PM »
S-GS discontinued = price up
S-GS dail actually looks more balanced.. but the word Seiko,only WIS like us will appreciate

Offline jimmyang

• watchstories.my
    • jimmyang.com
« Reply #7 on: September 29, 2017, 01:26:13 PM »
I prefer the look of the S-GS truthfully. Now it's a bit top heavy.
IG : watchstories.my