Author Topic: 116500LN Daytona Ceramic  (Read 11448 times)

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
116500LN Daytona Ceramic
« on: November 15, 2016, 06:24:39 PM »
Ok Rolex, you've already captured the suckers early adopters that were willing to pay premium on the Daytona Ceramic. Time for you to flush the market now that the numbers have stabilized and everyone is trying to sell for a premium on Chrono24, Timezone etc but no more people are willing to pay premium.

75k at Swiss Watch Gallery. Retail is 51k. Come on boy. Hype is gone now.  :Laughing_on_floor:
Adam J
Currently own: Rolex GMT Pepsi 126710BLRO mark 1

Offline meoramri

• Global Moderator
    • My Eastern Watch Collection
Re: 116500LN Daytona Ceramic
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2016, 07:49:25 PM »
Being patient can be rewarding in this case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Main watch blog visit: http://easternwatch.blogspot.com

Offline theseira

« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2016, 06:11:16 AM »
Agree paying premium for this piece is not worth. patience is a virtue!

However if your holding on to MYR the retail price may change depending on how the MYR plays out. Recently a sharp drop when Trump won the election and there are policies that he is going to put in place which could significantly weaken the MYR.

It is possible that the retail price of this piece to be around the RM60k+ mark in the future.

Offline zack777es

« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2016, 07:07:01 AM »
It's already down to 70K.
Received a text from my regular SA a few days back on this, I replied with a pic of my RO15400.

Funnily enough, I had offered 70k back in July when they received stock but he wouldn't budge from the 75k.

That experience made me realized that I was better off getting something else and glad that Rolex "pushed me" into acquiring my first AP.

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2016, 07:26:00 AM »
I would place my money on the 15400st too. Did you get the blue dial?

I'll probably end up getting the Daytona Ceramic... but only at retail. If not, I wouldn't worry. At 75K there are so many other watches that I would rather get.
Adam J

Offline phat7

« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2016, 08:32:24 AM »
Patience is a virtue, not all have it  ;D that being said there is a gradual reduction from motivated sellers everywhere. Should rest at 57-60k

Offline Jedirat

« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2016, 08:40:20 AM »
Those eager and desperate to get already got theirs at premium price by now. As for me, will patiently wait. Let's see how long the current premium can be sustained.  :Cheers:

Offline yippie123

• Freshie
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2016, 02:35:45 PM »
I have just been offered at 68k ... Still i can wait for it when price range around 55.

Offline zack777es

« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2016, 04:03:35 PM »

I'll probably end up getting the Daytona Ceramic... but only at retail. If not, I wouldn't worry. At 75K there are so many other watches that I would rather get.

Yes, I did get the blue dial. http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php?topic=17511.0

At retail and it's cheaper that the Daytona C's current asking price.

I also see myself getting one in the future (hopefully nothing more than retail) but not before getting my second AP  ;D

I think by that time it's going to normalize at 60K, doubt going to be less than that given the falling ringgit.

Offline theseira

« Reply #9 on: November 18, 2016, 11:11:12 AM »
Ok Rolex, you've already captured the suckers early adopters that were willing to pay premium on the Daytona Ceramic. Time for you to flush the market now that the numbers have stabilized and everyone is trying to sell for a premium on Chrono24, Timezone etc but no more people are willing to pay premium.

75k at Swiss Watch Gallery. Retail is 51k. Come on boy. Hype is gone now.  :Laughing_on_floor:

Swiss hour sold one recently close to 70k ringgit. Still staggering price if you ask me.

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #10 on: November 18, 2016, 12:07:02 PM »

Swiss hour sold one recently close to 70k ringgit. Still staggering price if you ask me.

Getting it below 70k is easy these days. Getting it below 60k is the hard part.
Adam J

Offline yippie123

• Freshie
« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2016, 10:43:29 PM »

Yes, I did get the blue dial. http://www.malaysiawatchforum.com/index.php?topic=17511.0

At retail and it's cheaper that the Daytona C's current asking price.

I also see myself getting one in the future (hopefully nothing more than retail) but not before getting my second AP  ;D

I think by that time it's going to normalize at 60K, doubt going to be less than that given the falling ringgit.

Mind to share how much u got ur blue dial for ?

Offline theseira

« Reply #12 on: November 25, 2016, 01:30:05 PM »
Update

My friend has received the call for his Daytona C today. He going to pick up tomorrow.

dealer told him that the wait list is now 5 years.

He ask why?

Dealer said Rolex limits the supply on Daytona.

Damn!

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #13 on: November 25, 2016, 01:34:05 PM »
Update

My friend has received the call for his Daytona C today. He going to pick up tomorrow.

dealer told him that the wait list is now 5 years.

He ask why?

Dealer said Rolex limits the supply on Daytona.

Damn!

I highly doubt this
Adam J

Offline toypoodle

• In God We Trust
« Reply #14 on: November 25, 2016, 01:59:16 PM »
That AD was just telling fibs. If he know you who you are, he will voluntarily get it from the safe, invite you to try on!

Offline adamjohari

• Wristy
« Reply #15 on: November 25, 2016, 02:44:56 PM »
That AD was just telling fibs. If he know you who you are, he will voluntarily get it from the safe, invite you to try on!

Rolex makes zero profit from people who resale their watches. All the vintage Paul Newmans and what not don't get into the Rolex accounting books. The Foundation running Rolex would not do that. A company needs to sustain its profit goals else it would piss off investors, employees, brand name etc
Adam J

Offline theseira

« Reply #16 on: November 25, 2016, 11:17:24 PM »

Rolex makes zero profit from people who resale their watches. All the vintage Paul Newmans and what not don't get into the Rolex accounting books. The Foundation running Rolex would not do that. A company needs to sustain its profit goals else it would piss off investors, employees, brand name etc

Could be true.

I'll get my other friend to place an order tomorrow to see how things pan out.

Offline theseira

« Reply #17 on: November 26, 2016, 10:40:30 AM »
Friend called the AD.

Ad mention can order but wait time is very long ad mentioned that they can't guarantee the time frame and it could be 2 years or more depends on how much stock they get for Rolex and deposit is required.

This year AD only received 3 Rolex Daytona C.

Offline keanewoon

« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2016, 10:03:05 AM »
Friend called the AD.

Ad mention can order but wait time is very long ad mentioned that they can't guarantee the time frame and it could be 2 years or more depends on how much stock they get for Rolex and deposit is required.

Ad in oz?

Offline theseira

« Reply #19 on: November 28, 2016, 06:57:33 AM »
Friend called the AD.

Ad in oz?

Yeah they will take orders but need to deposit around 10k ringgit. They also sell at list price which is $15,700 AUD inclusive of GST which you can claim at airport. GST is $1,427 AUD. This is current list price. It may change if AUD drops.

Also AD said the list with deposit around 8-9 people. So they don't know how long is going to take because they don't know how many pieces they will receive next year. This year they receive 3 pieces. I waited not long because I order first so my wait time was from March to August. mine is 5 months. Other AD's in Australia like watches of Switzerland is very bad. They got "vip" list. So no chance to get from there. And J Farron Price in Sydney also no chance. Hourglass - these guys also no chance.

My friend that order same AD as me wait time was March to end of November. so his 8 months.

I think if they receive like 6-8 Daytona a year it means wait time is around 1 half year or 2 year to get.

The point is. If you put deposit and wait at this AD. you will get your Daytona at current list price unless currency fluctuate or rolex change price.

Offline G.MAC

« Reply #20 on: November 28, 2016, 08:44:12 AM »
Yea. Checked with an AD in OZ where i used to make frequent purchases. Seems that the waiting list is quite long and they were only allocated 3 pieces this year. Best that they could do is put me on the waiting list as well.
Your ONLY job in this world is to make sure that you are happy

Offline keanewoon

« Reply #21 on: November 28, 2016, 01:13:03 PM »
Not bad at least no need to pay premium. This will not happen in Malaysia.

Offline theseira

« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2016, 06:05:54 AM »
Not bad at least no need to pay premium. This will not happen in Malaysia.

My experience in Malaysia and Singapore was bad.

Before when I was searching for pre ceramic ss Daytona. All AD that have stock wants premium for it. At the time in Malaysia they wanted to sell it to me for 40k ringgit.

Back then I manage to buy it for 30k ringgit for brand new SS Daytona black dial without going to those shady AD's that wanted 40k ringgit for it (note that this was way before the ringgit died). SS Daytona non ceramic black dial is of the piece I love very much.

Offline vkalia

« Reply #23 on: November 29, 2016, 07:13:06 PM »
I got quoted 75K for a ceramic Daytona by Cortina.  And I'd like to think i am a reasonably good customer there.

Even at 65k, I'll probably pick up one, if i can get one.

Offline theseira

« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2016, 10:54:14 AM »
I got quoted 75K for a ceramic Daytona by Cortina.  And I'd like to think i am a reasonably good customer there.

Even at 65k, I'll probably pick up one, if i can get one.

Yeah Malaysia and Singapore very difficult to buy hot pieces.