Author Topic: Seeking opinions on Richard Mille and if it suits my style [emoji23]  (Read 4060 times)

Offline totoro86

Hi fellow watch peeps, looking to see what you guys think of Richard Mille. I've never been able to appreciate Richard Mille watches and fit them into my dress style due to them being severely oversized, thick and chunky although I do respect the watchmaker for the feats they have achieved which other traditional watchmakers have not.

That being said, I've recently come across the Rm67-02 in photos and found it surprisingly to my liking especially the fact that it is shock resistant and thin compared to its other counterparts.

Now, to explain why this is a dilemma for me I've only worn watches that are more traditional in a sense, which includes nautiluses, royal oaks, professional rolex watches and some patek dress watches and these are either paired with a suit or with an untucked shirt with jeans. Was a little concerned if getting the RM would go against my usual style of dressing in which it would've been a waste to get such a beautifully functional watch and not be able to wear it whenever and where ever.

Looking forward to your valuable input. (I have not seen the watch in the flesh and it seems to have a waiting list in Malaysia)

Attached below are two varients of the watch I'm interested in, photos courtesy of Instagram.

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk

« Last Edit: June 26, 2019, 02:35:24 PM by totoro86 »

Offline ExplorerII

Re: Seeking opinions on Richard Mille and if it suits my style [emoji23]
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2019, 04:45:34 PM »
i personally would find this watch difficult to wear.  It's to overstated for my liking.

I think if you want to be noticed, this might be do the job. However with the amount of garish colours, it might not get recognised by the "normal" folk as a high end watch.

Bottom line....fXXKK what everyone else thinks and wear what you like!  :Cheers:

Offline davidtth

« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2019, 07:02:47 AM »
RM hardly goes well with dress unless getting those darker color, its a very light piece and since you had few PP the weight on hand is total diff game

pretty much a casual sporty watch imo

Offline totoro86

« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2019, 11:45:30 AM »
Thanks for the feedback so far. I do like the idea of having an incredibly light watch on my wrist that's shock resistant but the concern is definitely with the casual-ness of this watch (I'm afraid my casual isn't casual enough lol).

Sent from my LYA-L29 using Tapatalk